Stopping Leg Cramps

I get leg cramps at night, even though I take calcium. I read that if you put a bar of soap, preferably Dial, under your top sheet near your feet the cramps will go away. I thought it was crazy, but tried it and low, and behold it worked. I have no clue how, but it does.

Source: A friend.

By Handicapped91 from Peabody, MA

Answers:

Stopping Leg Cramps

My doctor suggested that I drink about 4-6 ounces of tonic water daily or take a calcium tablet twice a day. As I don't like the taste of tonic water (with or without the gin) (hahaha), I elected to take the calcium. I seldom get leg cramps at night any more. (10/01/2009)

By duanedv

Stopping Leg Cramps

Quinine. (10/02/2009)

By melody_yesterday

Stopping Leg Cramps

I think eating bananas for the potassium is good, too. I haven't had them in a long time. Walmart carries Hylands Leg Cramp Remedy in their vitamin and herbal section, it is very good for stopping them if you do get one.

Pat (10/05/2009)

By desertgal

Stopping Leg Cramps

My husband used to take calcium pills for leg cramps, but then our doctor suggested that he take 2 or 3 Tums tablets daily. Tums have calcium in them and they're a lot cheaper than buying calcium pills at the drugstore. (10/14/2009)

By Mlina