Storing Lettuce

Store lettuce with a paper towel and it will last longer. The paper towel will absorb moisture. If you are storing lettuce in a container, line the bottom of the container with a layer of paper towels.
Storing Lettuce 05/11/2006
I'm single, so I can't eat an entire bag of precut lettuce salad. After my first serving, I place two non-printed, white papertowels (don't want colored ink running into my salad) inside the bag. Then I store it upside down in the fridge so the towels are on the bottom. The next time I reach for salad, those two towels are wet and the lettuce leaves are pretty dry and rust free.
By ann (Guest Post)
Storing Lettuce 05/14/2006
You know it all depends on where the produce is coming from and how long it's spent in transit before we even buy it. My brother in law is a produce manager and he definitely said that wrapping veggies in paper towels does help keep it fresh longer. I do this with celery and it lasts a lot longer. I do not wash any veggies before they go in the frig... and you should never refrigerate tomatoes or wash them till serving.
By Debbie52

A variety of lettuce.
Storing Lettuce
Iceberg Lettuce
Growing Iceberg Lettuce
Cleaning and Storing Romaine Hearts
Cleaning and Storing Romaine Hearts
Head of green leaf lettuce.
Washing Lettuce
Lettuce growing in a box.
Growing Lettuce