Stuffed Green Pepper Soup

Ingredients

• 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 1/2 - 2 cups diced onion
  • 1 1/2 - 2 cups diced sweet pepper (bell or banana)
  • 1 t. minced garlic
  • Ad
  • 1 quart tomato juice
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup rice, uncooked

Directions

Cook beef, onion, and pepper until meat is no longer pink and onion is clear. Stir in garlic and cook for a minute or so. Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, and cook until rice is tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

I doubled the amount of tomato juice, water, and rice, so it would make more. It worked just fine.

For a richer broth, add 1 tsp. instant coffee.

Source: I saw a restaurant on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives serving a similar soup, but they don't give the recipe on that show, so I made up my own, using the ingredients that are in my regular stuffed peppers.

By Gayle from Kentucky

Answers:

Stuffed Pepper Soup

I LOVE stuffed peppers! I can't wait to try your recipe. :) (10/09/2008)

By Ole Lulu

Stuffed Pepper Soup

This is interesting and a must try for me. (10/09/2008)

By Savings Assistant

Stuffed Pepper Soup

L love stuffed peppers but never thought of making it into soup. It sounds wonderful. I can't wait to try it. Thank you (10/09/2008)

By ThriftyUser

Stuffed Pepper Soup

I made this soup last week, ate it all week long, and still was not tired of it, it's that good. The recipe I used included the following variations:

• 2 lbs. ground beef
  • 2 medium green peppers, chopped
  • 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
  • 28 oz. can tomato sauce
  • 2 beef bouillon cubes
  • 2 tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup uncooked white rice (not instant)
  • salt and pepper to taste

Just brown the ground beef in a dutch oven, drain, and then add the rest. Cook for 30-40 minutes over low heat.

I was thinking of adding onions to the beef, but didn't. I think next time I will, as you have. Thanks for reminding me to make another big pot of soup this weekend! (10/10/2008)

By Mary Moo

Stuffed Pepper Soup

I make a large batch of stuffed peppers so I have leftovers. For the sauce, I just use tomato soup. The next day, I cut up the leftover stuffed peppers, add beef broth to the sauce. Good flavor, and I get two good meals. Any leftovers can be frozen in single serving containers for lunches. (04/15/2010)

By jagegr

Stuffed Green Pepper Soup
Spicy Soup With Peppers
Fixing Soup With Too Much Pepper
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Stuffed Easter Bunny
Refurbishing Stuffed Animals
bowl of colorful peppers
Bell Pepper Soup Recipes
🎉
🎄