Stuffed Green Pepper Soup Recipes

Category Soups
This hearty soup or stew has all the flavors of traditional baked stuffed peppers. This is a guide about stuffed green pepper soup recipes.

Can make it as thick or thin as you like. Very hearty and tasty.

Directions:

In a Dutch oven, cook beef and sausage with onions and garlic until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until peppers are tender. Serves 10

By Michele from Western KY

Ingredients

• 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 1/2 - 2 cups diced onion
  • 1 1/2 - 2 cups diced sweet pepper (bell or banana)
  • 1 t. minced garlic
  • 1 quart tomato juice
  • Ad

• 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup rice, uncooked

Directions

Cook beef, onion, and pepper until meat is no longer pink and onion is clear. Stir in garlic and cook for a minute or so. Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, and cook until rice is tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

I doubled the amount of tomato juice, water, and rice, so it would make more. It worked just fine.

For a richer broth, add 1 tsp. instant coffee.

Source: I saw a restaurant on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives serving a similar soup, but they don't give the recipe on that show, so I made up my own, using the ingredients that are in my regular stuffed peppers.

By Gayle from Kentucky

Answers:

Stuffed Pepper Soup

I LOVE stuffed peppers! I can't wait to try your recipe. :) (10/09/2008)

By Liz Orr

Stuffed Pepper Soup

This is interesting and a must try for me. (10/09/2008)

By Savings Assistant

Stuffed Pepper Soup

Love stuffed peppers but never thought of making it into soup. It sounds wonderful. I can't wait to try it. Thank you (10/09/2008)

By Beverly Ross

Stuffed Pepper Soup

I made this soup last week, ate it all week long, and still was not tired of it, it's that good. The recipe I used included the following variations:

• 2 lbs. ground beef
  • 2 medium green peppers, chopped
  • 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
  • 28 oz. can tomato sauce
  • 2 beef bouillon cubes
  • 2 tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup uncooked white rice (not instant)
  • salt and pepper to taste

Just brown the ground beef in a dutch oven, drain, and then add the rest. Cook for 30-40 minutes over low heat.

I was thinking of adding onions to the beef, but didn't. I think next time I will, as you have. Thanks for reminding me to make another big pot of soup this weekend! (10/10/2008)

By Mary

Stuffed Pepper Soup

I make a large batch of stuffed peppers so I have leftovers. For the sauce, I just use tomato soup. The next day, I cut up the leftover stuffed peppers, add beef broth to the sauce. Good flavor and I get two good meals. Any leftovers can be frozen in single serving containers for lunches. (04/15/2010)

By Judy

Does anyone have a recipe for stuffed pepper soup where you don't precook the ground beef? You mix instant rice (and maybe other ingredients) into the ground beef, then drop that by hunks into the soup ingredients. My niece makes it this way but doesn't use a recipe and never measures. I sure would love to have a recipe for it.

By Joy from Fairview Heights, IL

Answers:

Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe

Why not ask your niece to call you the next time she's going to make it, before she starts - maybe between the two of you, you can figure out a recipe! (05/02/2009)

By Deborah Jones

Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe

Here's a recipe I got from Recipezaar and have made it several times - it's very good! I'm sure there are many others out there, but this one is super easy!

Stuffed Green Bell Pepper Soup

• 2 lbs. ground beef
  • 2 quarts water
  • 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
  • 1 (29 oz.) can tomato sauce
  • 2 cups cooked long grain rice (1/2 cup uncooked)
  • 2 cups chopped green bell peppers (about 2 large peppers)
  • 2 beef bouillon cubes
  • 2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
  • 2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. pepper
In a 6 qt. saucepan or Dutch oven, brown beef; drain. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes or until tender. (05/07/2009)

By Mary

Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe

Sorry, I just realized that you were looking for a recipe without precooking the beef. Anyway, the recipe I posted is very good. (05/07/2009)

By Mary

Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe

It is obvious no one has a recipe that doesn't involve pre-browning the meat, and I got to thinking, there is probably a good reason, because you can't drain the hamburger grease if you don't fry it first. Yuck! Mary Moo's recipe sounds good, I'll go with that. Thanks for the recipe. (05/07/2009)

By Joy

Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe

Why don't you just watch your niece, and write down what she does? (05/19/2009)

By Louise B.

Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe

If you are going to use a raw meat mixture, use a very lean ground beef. You could even mix it with ground chicken. There would be very little grease and it would add flavor. I make my stuffed peppers with a raw mixture using uncooked minute rice. (04/15/2010)

By Judy