Stuffed Red Peppers
You can use whatever color peppers you prefer. I use red because I like the sweetness of them. This is a great meal by itself or served with a side salad. You can adjust the ground beef and rice amounts to your liking. It can also be made using ground pork, turkey, chicken, sausage or a combination of meats.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- 3 large red peppers
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the rice. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take 3 peppers slice them in two. Remove the stems and the insides. Place the peppers in a baking dish hollow side up.
- Cook the ground beef.
- When ground beef is cooked removes excess fat. Add the spices to it. Mix in the cooked rice and canned tomatoes.
- Take the mixture and spoon it into the peppers. Bake in the 350 degree F oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve with a side salad if you wish. You can also top with cheese halfway through the cooking time.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!