Browsing: Styling Puffy Hair

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Styling Puffy Hair

Puffy or very curly hair can be a challenge to style. This is a guide about styling puffy hair.

Girl with puffy hair.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

July 9, 2005 Flag

I have puffy hair and it's wavy so when I try to straighten it, it doesn't work. It gets a little better but not much. I want to know how to get it to calm down and not be so dang puffy.

Jodi

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I got my hair cut so its about chin length .

It used to be really nice and pretty but now my head ALWAYS looks like a football HELP ME!

I used a curly iron and then after like ten minutes I go take a shower and blow dry my hair to make my hair straight.

I cut my hair short. it used to be down to my shoulder blades but two inches longer. I cut it and it's up to my shoulders now. if I blow dry it, it's puffy. If I towel dry or even air dry, it it's really puffy.

I was like born with fluffy puffy frizzes and I know one way to cure it. Wash your hair reel good WITHOUT conditioner than brush it out real good, put it in the best pig tail braids you can make. Then it dry over night rapped in a towel and in the morning take it out of the towel and out of the braids, straiten it trust me it works and then put some of that John Friedas stuff in after if your hair is really frizzed not curly.

Read More Answers...

September 7, 2011 Flag

My hair is very puffy. When I straighten it, it gets puffy too. Everyday I have my hair in a pony tail because of my ugly hair. How can I get it to look not so puffy?

By Mary from Aiken, SC

Grow your hair out longer. The shorter it is, it will get thicker. I would suggest getting a nice hair straightener such as a CHI or ION. they are 80-100 dollars but they are worth it. Straightening it in small sections. Good luck.

Try getting your hair cut in layers. I have long thick hair that I have to keep cut in layers to get the poof out. Layering takes the bulkiness out of your hair and helps it lay down better. I have long hair that I keep cut in layers, otherwise I have hair everywhere it seems like.

I don't like to use a lot of product in my hair and the layering helps to avoid that. Also the In Styler works really well. We use that when my granddaughter wants to straighten her natural curly hair, works much better than a flat iron. Good luck, bad hair days are the worst.

Buy some proxity control shampoo.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips StylingJuly 22, 2013
Homemade Jelly (Puffy Paint) Accessories
Woman with Short Hair Style
Choosing a Short Hair Style
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 5:13:26 PM on 10.0.0.143 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.