Substitute Applesauce for Oil in Baking

To cut down on calories, I use applesauce in cakes and other goodies. The applesauce is a substitute for oil and makes the cake or goody you are making more moist. So by using applesauce not only are you cutting calories, you are also making a moister cake.

By Gem from VA

Substitute Applesauce for Oil in Baking

I have been doing this for many years. (10/04/2010)

By redhatterb

Substitute Applesauce for Oil in Baking

My daughter does this and I hate her cakes. If you take the amount of oil and divide it into the number of slices in the cake, you will find you are getting very little oil. Compared to the sugar in the apple sauce there is not enough difference in calories to make much difference. (10/05/2010)

By Lilac

Applesauce with Pork Roast
Recipes Using Applesauce
Canning Applesauce
Canning Applesauce
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor