Sweating Toilet

I have a toilet that sweats and drips on my carpet. How do I get rid of the mildew smell?

Sheila from Flint, Michigan

Answers:

Sweating Toilet

If you have mildew on carpet spray it with spray disinfectant, it should kill it. (03/28/2007)

By pamphyila

Sweating Toilet

We purchased a tray that connects with wires to catch the sweat from the tank. But each toilet brand has their own tray. The one we got was a different brand than our toilet and I couldn't find the receipt to return it. So $12 was shot to heck. (03/28/2007)

By Ariela

Sweating Toilet

There is an insulation kit that is available at Lowes for sweaty toilets. It isn't too very expensive and it is supposed to take care of sweaty toilets. I think it's styrofoam sheets and you install it in the tank. Hope this helps. (03/28/2007)

By Margie

Sweating Toilet

You can make your own insulator for your toilet tank. My husband made a "blanket" for the inside of ours. He got some Darice Foamies Sheets, sold in the craft departments, that have the peel and stick backs. He then emptied the tank of the toilet, and cut the foamies to size. Be sure to do all sides and bottom of the tank. It works great. Cost here in Georgia, about $3. (03/29/2007)

By Jean in GA

Sweating Toilet

I have read a lot of answers, but no one has suggested simply cleaning the flapper valve that expells yor water at the bottom of your tank. It will build up scum and will not seal properly therefore you will get water contantly passing through. Your water will always be cold inside your tank and the warm air around the outside of your tank will form condensate on your tank and run down on your floor. This was my problem and it saved me from buying parts that I did not need

(09/12/2007)

By Colin

Fixing a Sweating Toilet
Fixing a Sweating Toilet
Bar of Soap Stuck in a Toilet
Bar of Soap Stuck in Toilet
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Excessive Sweating
Remedies for Excessive Sweating
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
🎉
🎄