Fixing a Sweating Toilet

Does anyone know what to do to fix a sweating toilet tank, other than getting an insulated one?

By Sharon Rafferty from East Hampton, NY

Answers

This isn't in anyway a solution, as I never knew there was one till I read some of the replies! I just put a rubber backed bath mat on the floor behind the toilet and under the tank. I have tiled floors, but it keeps me from having a mess to clean up! I just throw the mat in the washer once a week.

pure and simple .. add a toilet block not only does it keep the toilet clean and free of limescale it adds impurities to the water so it wont go cold enough so the tank gets covered in condensation.
After 2yrs 4 plumbers and one wanting to change the pipe incase it was leaking charging me ££££££, this idea was a long shot 4 days in and nothing no condensation no dripping on the floor no rotting wood.

What is a toilet block?

I think they are referring something like this:

en.m.wikipedia.org/.../Toilet_rim_block

Answer this Question

4 More Questions

How can I stop a toilet tank from sweating? I have a towel on the floor now.

Sandy from Mountain View, AR

Answers

By Shirley (Guest Post)

I had that problem and it was the flapper had a very small raise in it and didn't seal. Once I replaced it, never had it happen again. The water ran through constantly. Now, I keep a spare flapper in the house.

Answer this Question

How do I stop my toilet from sweating? It sweats so much that it leaves water all around the toilet.

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.

Home and Garden Repair Home PlumbingFebruary 14, 2013
🐰
🌻
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf227853.tip.html