Browsing: Sweet 16 Birthday Party Ideas

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Sweet 16 Birthday Party Ideas

In some cultures a girl's 16th birthday party is traditionally a very special occasion. This is a guide about sweet 16 birthday party ideas.

Cupcakes for a sweet 16 birthday party.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 26, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about sweet 16 masquerade party ideas. Planning a masquerade theme for your 16th party is romantic and fun.

Two young girls in masquerade masks at a party

June 10, 2013 Flag

Okay, I'm turning 16 in November. But, having a party requires inviting the people I call friends who in the end will not show up and put my parents out a butt load of money. I want to do something with 5 or 6 people that is Halloweenish (apparently that's not a word). Haunted houses are a bore though. I have drawn a complete blank and my parents want me to figure out what I'm doing. Please help?

By Alexis C.

Ooh, I just had a thought, what about a limo/bus and a driving tour of the haunted houses in your area. We are in Denver and there is a lot and then a sleepover with scary movies!

September 4, 2016 Flag

So my birthday is in late October and for my party I'm taking around 8 friends to lunch or dinner and then 3 of my closest friends are sleeping over after, but I need ideas on what to do in between with all 8 of my friends attending. The only problem is I can't take them to my house because I just recently moved 40 minutes away. So I need ideas on things to do after lunch or dinner in New Jersey, not too expensive. BTW the lunch/dinner may be in NYC so if you have any ideas for things to do in the city please share. Thank you!

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 9, 2013 Flag

I'm turning 16 at the end of August and I have no idea what to do for my party. I either want just a few of my close friends or some of my guy friends as well, I'm not sure yet. I know I want a sleepover at the end of the party. (Guys have to go home of course.) I am kind of sporty and I love sweets! Any help?

By Meg

Well, based off what your telling me if sounds like your a fun loving sweet girl and I would say that this is inexpensive and fun. Buy candy from a local store, light up balloons, and ribbon. You can get this from Walmart around the total of 30$ get two packs of light up balloons around $5 per pack.

Get four roles of ribbon any color around $3 per pack. 2 packs of your choice of candy preferably ones in rappers around $5 per pack. Here's the plan; blow of the light up balloons. Tie 5 inch ribbon on the end of the balloons to secure the air in them then tie the candy at the end of the ribbon then turn of the lights. You will have a game of find the candy at night (don't put candy on all of them it's funnier) :) Hoped this helped.

October 21, 2015 Flag

My birthday is in less than 4 months. I am inviting no more than 7 people (4 at least). I'm a girly girl, but my tom-boy side peaks out every now and then. I really want to do a fancy dinner in Highland Park, Texas, and everybody has to dress up, like dress and heels. At the same time, I want it to be really funny, messy, and memorable party.

I'm having a cousin fly in from Miami, so it has to be special! If you can think of an idea between those please tell me. I thought of just renting a lake house for a weekend with 3 people and staying out of hotel, but I don't see the fun. So, the most fun I can see is at my house. I want a glow in the dark theme, but you can't get really good pictures. No 80's or Hawaiian theme. I'm intrigued with the winter wonderland, dress to impress, Fire and Ice, and Glamour. I don't want something over the top like renting out a club, just nice and classy and casual (eeeaaakkkk). Those don't go together really well.

Thanks.

If I had a winter birthday I'd definitely make the best of the season! You could pull off winter wonderland themed decor with fire and ice. A few ideas:

1. Use clear/crystal glass beads in a garland with white Christmas lights

2. You can also fill vases with the lights

3. http://www.candle-night.org/en/cand ... /ice-candles-shedding-the-light.html

Combine fire and ice for a glow-in-the-dark walkway. I imagine you could make mini-versions of these ice candles with coffee cans and your freezer. They should last for a few hours outside if you use tealights or votives, depending on how big you make them.

4. In addition to asking for semi-formal dress, make your invitations look formal and tied in with whatever theme you choose so your guests remember to dress up.

5. My mom and I once frosted our windows with fake snow spray and paper cutouts. Easy cleanup too! You should be able to find spray cans at the craft stores come November. If not, it's available online from Joanne's and Amazon.

October 16, 2015 Flag

I will be doing my sweet 16 on a yacht. There will be around 15 to 16 girls and boys, but we won't be doing any swimming. It's just that I'm worried they will get bored or something, so I want a few interesting and fun things to do. Any suggestions?

Bored on a yacht?

August 5, 2015 Flag

So I turn 16 in October; that's in two months. I kinda don't want a Halloween party, I'm thinking about a Hollywood theme, or pink zebra print. I don't know, I'm really confused. BTW it's on a boat.

Wow...on a boat huh? Nice!

I know you said no Halloween theme BUT if you wanted a Hollywood theme...how about a Costume party where the guests have to dress up as a Hollywood actors or as character from a movie? Might be fun!!

Or you can theme it Birthday Love Boat...and take photo's of everyone as couples, play love songs, use hearts all around, maybe having a kissing booth, hahaha...

Enjoy your birthday!

July 22, 2014 Flag

I am having my 16th birthday party at my local park. I looked at rooms to rent and it was way too expensive. It will be under a gazebo with some tables. I have picked out decorations and put together a candy buffet, but I am afraid that my friends will get bored. I would have it in my backyard, but I just moved and my yard isn't big enough. If anyone has any ideas to keep my friends busy that would be so helpful.

By cassidy.bonner

You could have a scavenger hunt - items you can find in the park or items YOU hide. Kinda like an Easter egg hunt but more sophisticated. Play croquet; any child yard games would be fun for teens! Have a Happy and Blessed birthday!

July 31, 2013 Flag

My birthday is coming up (Novmeber 13th) and I was planning on travelling (from Florida) to NYC with a couple of friends. The thing is, I have no idea what to do while there. I was thinking of staying 5-7 days since it's a school week after all.
Anyway, the question is: What hotel should we stay at? (Not too expensive, but not too cheap. I'd say 4-5 star hotel). What to spend my day doing? (Going shopping, dinner, spa day, etc?) Should I rent a limo to take us places?

By Mariana F

This is pretend, right? I'll go along. You can have a spa day anywhere. In NYC, go to a Broadway play, or to several. Get on www.google.com and search on museums and galleries in NYC. Search on "unique attractions in NYC". Get around by taxi and bus. See the Statue of Liberty, there's no where else in the world you can see that. See Chinatown and Central Park.

Your post makes it clear you have no experience traveling. Things will go better if you involve an experienced traveler in making your plans.

Load More
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayFebruary 6, 2013
A 16 year old girl holding a cake at her birthday with friends.
16th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
12th Birthday Party
12th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
Teen girls throwing bright confetti outside
Birthday Party Ideas for Teens
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 30, 2016 at 2:20:12 AM on 10.0.2.65 in 7 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.