Sweet 16 Masquerade Party Ideas

Category Birthday
Planning a masquerade theme for your 16th party is romantic and fun. This is a page about sweet 16 masquerade party ideas.

I'm planning for my sweet sixteen. It's going to be a masquerade ball. The color scheme is blue and silver. I have never planned a party before, so I don't know what to do. Please help.

By sabrina

Answers

Best Answer

There are some good party planning websites that you can go to for help. You might especially want to look for ones for proms. When we planned our school's prom we used a website called Andersonsprom.com.
You need to figure out:
Date and Time:
Budget:
Guest List:
Where you're going to have it:
Food and drink
Decorations
It's important to ask those who are going to chaperone your party (parents/guardians) for help.

I want tips for planning a sweet 16 masquerade party. Any ideas?

Tabby from Toledo, OH

Answers:

Sweet 16 Masquerade Party

You didn't post much information on the birthday teen. Boy? Girl?

The only thing I can think of right now is that when he/she passes out the invitation, you also hand each guest a plain mask with instructions to be creative and design their own mask to wear to the party. You might also attach a small baggy with jewels, paint, feathers etc with the plain mask to help them get started.

Maybe if you give some more information, we can help more.

Good luck! (10/17/2006)

By ChristiansMom

Sweet 16 Masquerade Party

I'm planning on doing the same for my sweet 16 but with a twist. Everyone will be required to wear a mask and keep it on. I thought it would be best to have everyone buy their own mask so they would be able to customize it to their liking ( and have a "best mask" contest). Someone will announce there has been a murder or kidnapping. I will place cards on each table containing clues to who it is. I will have someone act as the murderer/kidnapper and leave a trail of bread crumbs, such as some fabric here or a glove there.

The one to unmask the person will be given a prize ( I was thinking something like a prepaid cellular. (Some only cost about 7 dollars). I will have a number of contests such as "best dressed", "most mysterious", and "best character". I will also put aside about 2 hours to host a performance time where people can display their talents for prizes if they wish. (08/22/2007)

By niambi

I am planning a sweet sixteen masquerade birthday party for myself. The theme is "character," where everyone will be their favorite movie or TV character for the night. My colors are purple and silver.

I've decided that I want to be Belle from Disney's Beauty and the Beast for the night, but there's only one problem, the dress is gold, like in the movie. Will the gold in the dress conflict with the silver theme, or does it even really matter?

By Alex

Answers:

Sweet 16 Masquerade Party

Lots of jewelry has both silver and gold in it. I would suggest you add a little gold in the decoration. (11/13/2010)

By Lee

I'm planning a masquerade party for a sweet sixteen with a low budget. I need some ideas; the colors are pink and silver. I found the cake and mask she wants for herself and the girls, but don't know what the boy's mask should be or what color. Any ideas?

By julie from Fall River, MA

Answers:

Sweet 16 Masquerade Party

Girls masks could be the pink, boys the silver. If you can't find them that color, get any and lay them on paper in the garage and spray paint them several days in advance so they dry really well. Or the boys could be black and silver. Both could have glued on glitter sprinkles.

Then on maybe poster board, draw the mask faces one sees symbolizing a masquerade and paint one pink and one silver, you'd only need silver paint and pink. Perhaps you could get a cluster of appropriate curled ribbon at the dollar store to afix to the poster. You could cut the masks out and put them on the wall, in pairs or multiple pairs. Walgreens, Walmart, and dollar stores all have cheap posterboard.

You could get a copy of Marie Antoinette, the new version with Kirsten Dunst and have it playing in the background. It has a great masquerade ball scene. And the costumes are fabulous in that movie. Your library might have copy. Also the music in the movie is modern pop songs.

Serve pink lemonade and ginger ale for punch or something like that. Pink Kool-aid and soda would work, too. You could make candied popcorn, like popcorn balls, but not formed into balls ahead of time. You could color the candy part with food coloring to a light pink. There must be directions somewhere. Don't use microwave popcorn though. (10/09/2009)

By PENNY K

Sweet 16 Masquerade Party

For types of masks the guys might not feel dorky wearing, perhaps Phantom of the Opera? That was one cool mask. Zorro and Lone Ranger style masks might work, too, as well as Batman style. I'm trying not to suggest the obvious Jason or Michael Myer masks, those are pretty creepy. (10/14/2009)

By Lelia Jo Cordell

My birthday's October 26 and since it's pretty close to Halloween, I wanted some type of costume party.

I am trying to decide if I am going to do a Masquerade party for my 16th. I'm just not sure if the people I invite would wear the masks? But, I need help with pretty much everything.

In These Pages
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayAugust 26, 2016
🐛
📓
😎
😷
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Sweet-16-Masquerade-Party-Ideas.html