Sweet 16 Trip

My birthday is coming up (Novmeber 13th) and I was planning on travelling (from Florida) to NYC with a couple of friends. The thing is, I have no idea what to do while there. I was thinking of staying 5-7 days since it's a school week after all.

Anyway, the question is: What hotel should we stay at? (Not too expensive, but not too cheap. I'd say 4-5 star hotel). What to spend my day doing? (Going shopping, dinner, spa day, etc?) Should I rent a limo to take us places?

By Mariana F

You must have a lot of money to spend, to be thinking along those lines. When you invite people to go with you, it is up to you to pay their expenses too. It is one thing when you invite, it is another thing when they volunteer. Now you are too young to be going on a trip like that without parental supervision. There is tons of things to do in NYC, day and night, it depends on your interests, finances, etc. Do you have any idea what a limo charges per hour or trip? At your age, you would be better off planning a party in your home town. You just don't have any idea what you are planning.

This is pretend, right? I'll go along. You can have a spa day anywhere. In NYC, go to a Broadway play, or to several. Get on www.google.com and search on museums and galleries in NYC. Search on "unique attractions in NYC".

Get around by taxi and bus. See the Statue of Liberty, there's no where else in the world you can see that. See Chinatown and Central Park.

Your post makes it clear you have no experience traveling. Things will go better if you involve an experienced traveler in making your plans.

It might be that you have tons of money, you didn't say. But if you expect to do all you described, you will need it. Here are a few reality checks for you.

http://manhatta  ch.com/rates.php that start at 79.00 for two hours.

And I tried to find a 4 star hotel that would give me rates but I have to reserve a room, first. You have time to talk to people who have seen the city on a budget and plan ahead. Good luck!