Switch to Liquid Soap to Avoid Soap Scum

Bar soap causes soap scum. Spare yourself the extra work by not using it! Switch to gel soaps! I haven't noticed this much myself but my friend told me that ever since he moved and has more than one bathroom he has learned that that the bathroom he was using bar soap in had a soap scum build-up. The one he uses only gel or other liquid soaps in doesn't!

I told him he should submit this tip to ThriftyFun but he wanted me too! A way to get rid of the bar soaps you might have excess of like I do, because I was being thrifty and stocked up at sales, donate them to women's shelters!

By melody_yesterday from Sedalia, Missouri

I hadn't really thought to connect the absence of soap scum to the shower gel. Thanks! We are now using, because of skin allergies, antibacterial liquid hand soap (store brand) for both showering and hand washing.
For the bar soap that might be opened use them in your dresser drawers as you would sachet. (12/17/2007)

By MartyD

Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
cleaning a tub
Removing Soap Scum from a Plastic Tub
Washing Machine
Cleaning Soap Scum Out of a Washing Machine
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Remove Soap Scum from Fiberglass