Terrier Mix Photos

Category Dogs
Small mixed breed dogs can make wonderful companions. This page contains terrier mix photos.

Bearded Collie/Terrier Mix puppy

This is a guide about Bearded Collie/Terrier mix photos. The Bearded Collie originated in Scotland as a herding dog. This intelligent dog when crossed with the equally bright and feisty terrier makes for a fun family dog.

I think she has some Staffie in her because of the brindle, but I'm not sure what the rest could be. She's lightening quick and seems to go for any squirrel or pigeon that crosses her path. She's just over a year old and I got her from a rescue home so I don't know anything about her background.

Crumplehorn from Manchester

I think she has a lot of terrier in her. They love to hunt and are very fast, they are also short haired and very smart.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Champ is 10 months old. Based on his vet's opinion, he is part Dachshund and part Terrier. I believe he is part Hound, and part trouble-maker! After having just lost my beloved pit bull, Jada, to a reckless van driver, I went around to shelters to make donations in her memory. No way did I want another another animal because I could not bear to love a dog that much and lose it.

It was when we went to North Shore Animal League, that I saw in the distance, this tiny nothing tossing a ball in the air that was 3 times his size. I began to cry uncontrollably, and blurted out "I want him." As it was, we were one person too late (all the while I'm standing in front of his cage like a protective mother, telling those onlookers I'm adopting him). I guess my beloved Jada was looking down on me, because the first person was denied, and so began my new journey with Champ.

He's such an amazingly, happy little guy. He loves soft toys and playing with his big brother, Titan. He loves to snuggle beside you and follow you every where - even in the shower. If a door closes behind you, 10 to 1 he will be on the other side of the door sitting patiently waiting for you to let him in.

Champ loves burying himself so deep under my covers, that unless you know that's where you left him, you can't see him. I don't know how he does it. He'll come up with his tongue hanging out of his mouth, panting. Then two seconds later, back under he goes! Champ especially loves my heating blanket. More times than not, I'm left to sleep, with my you know what hanging out in the cold, while he is all snuggled up in my blanket.

By Cindi

Champ in the snow.

Comment Like this photo? 22

Champ is so cute, and I know he'll make you feel a lot better for having adopted him to fill up the empty space left by your Jada. You know that Jada is smiling in approval.

Thank you for sharing Champ.

MisMachado

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Zoe is a 7 month old Chihuahua/Terrier mix. We adopted little Miss Zoe from a rescue organization at the end of July. The rescue we went through rescues small dogs in the San Diego/Mexico area. Zoe was found at a pound in Mexico. We don't really know much about how she ended up at the pound though.

Zoe loves playing with her toys, running on the beach, sitting in the sun at our sliding glass door, and cuddling. She is such a sweetie-pie. We also have a sixteen year old pugapoo named Pudgy. Zoe adores her big sister :)

By Heather D. from USA

Zoe Chihuahua Terrier Mix

Comment Like this photo? 15

That little face is so adorable! Such joy they have to give!

Blessings, Robyn

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Sparky (Chihuahua Terrier Mix)

We moved out to the country, in the middle of Texas. Two dogs were watching my husband from the woods, dropped off strays. He called them over and they were overjoyed and hungry. The next day they came back again. I couldn't deny these 2 devoted friends a forever, safe, fun home off the streets.

tan and white terrier

We adopted him in March 2015 from The County Animal Rescue League. He has lots of high energy! He digs holes in the yard, un-stuffs comforters, chews up toys, and barks when the phone rings.

closeup of short hair white cat

I got Lucy in October of 2013. My friend's sister got Lucy as a puppy. About the time that Lucy turned 3 or 3 1/2 yrs old, she was put outside permanently, she lived on a ranch up in high desert country in Northern California, because she was a "little dog" and her owner's husband said he "hated little dogs".

Black and tan terrier.

Taz is a 2 year and 5 month old Terrier mix. I got Taz just before I had brain surgery. I was unable to bend over and little Taz became my best helper. Without any training, he started to pick up items that I dropped, and handed them back to me.

Black dog.

Squeeky is approximately 18 months old. He is Schnauzer/Terrier mix. We adopted Squeeky from Miss Linda's Dogs for Adoption at the end of August. Someone had left him on the steps of a rescue foster home.

Chance (Terrier/Maltese Mix)

Chance is 2 years old and a terrier/Maltese mix. Chance and I crossed paths after some jerk abandoned him at a vineyard a couple of miles from the nearest home or structure on a hillside.

Brown Dachshund mix sitting on the carpet.

Sonny is 7 year old Dachshund/Terrier Mix. We got him from SSDA, a Dachshund rescue group five years ago. Sonny likes to run around in the yard, sleep in the sun.

Black and white dog lying on back.

Baylei is a 14 week old dog. I'm not really sure, but I think she is a mini Lab and Jack Russel terrier. I got her on September 12, 2009. Baylei likes to play with the cats and play with us, she is so cute.

Millie Standing up to Look at Flowers on Glass Table

"Millie" (short for Millionaire), is a 3 year old Chihuahua/Rat Terrier Mix. I walked into a gas station 3 years ago and there she was running circles around the store, causing complete chaos.

Daisy at Mardi Gras.

This is Daisy Mable. She is a cairn terrier mix. I inherited her from a co-worker 8 years ago. She is the first small breed dog that I have owned, but they say "great things come in small packages".

larger black terrier mix

Meesha is not only physically beautiful, but she is incredibly intelligent and has the heart of a saint! To me, the most amazing thing about her is her desire to play the ' peacemaker'. If another dog gets fussed at, she'll come to lick your hand, as if to say: "everything's Ok, don't be upset".

Dogs in front of Christmas tree.

We rescued and named our two very young puppies, Little LuLu (Lab mix) and Mini MiMi (Terrier mix) within two different litters from a local animal shelter that day. They were the same small-sized balls of joy at about 7 lbs each.

Black and tan puppy.

Baby is 2 months and 2 days old. She is a mix, mother (mini golden retriever), father (cairn terrier). My husband and I had no idea she was pregnant by my grandmother's dog.

Abby closeup.

We got her as a puppy 8 years ago.

Molly and her toys.

Molly is 1 year and 7 months old. She is a Rat Terrier Chihuahua Mix. I got her through a friend on May 26, 2009.

Boo (Dog)

We got Boo on Halloween, Look at his before grooming shot. He looked a little like a dirty ghost.

Poppy on sidewalk,

Poppy is a 3 year old half Toy Fox Terrier and half Chihuahua. My brother Bobby has Poppy's Mom and Dad; their names are Lilli and T-Bone. We got Poppy when he was 8 weeks old and was as small as a pack of cigarettes. Poppy loves to tease us with his ropes and bones.

Black and brown dog rolling on his back.

Biscuit is our 4 year old terrier mix. My husband was in the woods on his 4 wheeler and found her as a small puppy (she still had her milk teeth) as someone had thrown her away like trash.

Charlie in dark glasses.

Charlie is a 10 year old Pomeranian x Maltese Terrier. We found Charlie at a pet store we were visiting. He came up to us and we never looked back - we picked him up and took him home!

In Memory of Toots (Dog)

When I was a boy, many years ago, my parents went to visit relatives in Moose Jaw Saskatchewan Canada. When they came home, they brought with them a puppy as a gift to me. We named her Toots. She was a very smart little dog and learned all kinds of tricks.

Black and white terrier in flowers.

Chip is a 4 year old Rat Terrier/Chi mix. We got Chip in 9/2008 from my friend at work for my son's birthday present. Chip loves to hunt for animals, go for walks, play with his brothers and sisters and loves to go for car rides, 4wheeler rides, and swimming in the pond.

White and grey small dog.

Benji is a 10 1/2 year old Terrier mix. He outlived 2 previous owners and was given to me because I used to watch him when his owner went on vacation. He likes to play with toys, eat McDonald's ice cream (3 times a year).

Dog chewing a toy.

Lazlo is a one and a half year old Jack Russell Terrier/Bull Terrier. We have had him since May. We found him through an ad on Craigslist.com about adoptions at a local Petsmart.

Buzzie licking young woman.

Buzzie is a 3 year old Beagle, Terrier, and Boxer mix. I adopted her from a shelter about 2 years ago. Buzzie loves to find the toy with the squeaker and just make it squeak! She also has a bay window that she sits in and watches the traffic drive by.

Chalupa under the pillow.

Chalupa is a a 7 year old cheater, a Terrier/Chihuahua mix. We got her as a tiny puppy from a relative. She likes to nap on the bed, and doesn't like getting her picture taken. She's my little Doodles, and she loves eating pupperoni's.

Dog in wading pool wtih tennis balls.

Syrus is a 6 year old mixed breed. To the best of my ability I believe he is Min Pin and terrier mix. I bought him at the shelter when he was a puppy. Syrus was found on the street in Chicago.

Roxy (Terrier Mix)

We adopted her from the Humane Society about 2 weeks ago.

Reddish tan dog.

Browny is a 1 year old terrier mix. She was a puppy from my oldest dog's litter. A few months after her mother gave birth to Browny, we gave her to a neighbor. A month later Browny's mother, who we had been with us for 10 years, passed away.

Scooter Bentley is a 12 week old Bichon Terrier Mix. We just purchased him in Ohio and our sister-in-law and family are keeping him, until we can arrive from Florida in July. . .

Black and white terrier mix.

My doggie's name is Cookie Bear. We think he is a mix of a poodle and a terrier around 4.5 years old. A caring man heard Cookie crying in the bushes late one night as he walked home from work.

Tan terrier mix lying down.

Colby is 5 months old. He is a terrier mix. He was born with a hernia on the front of his chest and when he turned 5 months old we had it removed. He is just a joy to have around.

Cream colored dog in fur cape and cuffs.

Niño (Nin-yo) is 2+ years and a Terrier Mix. This is the other portion of my heart, Niño (Spanish for "little boy").

Lily on chair.

Lily is a 6 year old Silky Terrier/Chihuahua. I found Lily through the local paper. I was looking for a lapdog, and after having cats for so long, I knew a small dog with a personality would be the right choice.

Jeter behind the wheel of a Toyota.

Jeter is a 2 1/2 year old Maltese and Boston Terrier. I got him two years ago. He was 6 weeks old when I brought him home. I got him from one of my clients that had a litter she didn't want.

Puppy in yard.

Diego is a 3-4 month old Terrier-Chihuahua mix. We got him 3 days ago for our grand-daughter. There was an ad on-line and we called and had to travel about 1/2 hour to pick him up. Right now he is just getting used to us.

Load More