Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Terrier Mix Photos

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Terrier Mix

Small mixed breed dogs can make wonderful companions. This page contains terrier mix photos.

Here are questions related to Terrier Mix Photos.

Question: What breed is my dog? (Terrier Mix)

Small black and white dog.I think she has some Staffie in her because of the brindle, but I'm not sure what the rest could be. She's lightening quick and seems to go for any squirrel or pigeon that crosses her path. She's just over a year old and I got her from a rescue home so I don't know anything about her background.

Crumplehorn from Manchester

Most Recent Answer

By Patricia Blegen09/19/2007

Her body looks alot like our Jack Russell Terrier - they are really quick and ours jumps alot.

Solutions: Terrier Mix Photos

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!

Photos

Below are photos related to this guide.

Champ (Dachshund - Terrier Mix)

Champ is 10 months old. Based on his vet's opinion, he is part Dachshund and part Terrier. I believe he is part Hound, and part trouble-maker! After having just lost my beloved pit bull, Jada, to a reckless van driver, I went around to shelters to make donations in her memory. No way did I want another another animal because I could not bear to love a dog that much and lose it.

It was when we went to North Shore Animal League, that I saw in the distance, this tiny nothing tossing a ball in the air that was 3 times his size. I began to cry uncontrollably, and blurted out "I want him." As it was, we were one person too late (all the while I'm standing in front of his cage like a protective mother, telling those onlookers I'm adopting him). I guess my beloved Jada was looking down on me, because the first person was denied, and so began my new journey with Champ.

He's such an amazingly, happy little guy. He loves soft toys and playing with his big brother, Titan. He loves to snuggle beside you and follow you every where - even in the shower. If a door closes behind you, 10 to 1 he will be on the other side of the door sitting patiently waiting for you to let him in.

Champ loves burying himself so deep under my covers, that unless you know that's where you left him, you can't see him. I don't know how he does it. He'll come up with his tongue hanging out of his mouth, panting. Then two seconds later, back under he goes! Champ especially loves my heating blanket. More times than not, I'm left to sleep, with my you know what hanging out in the cold, while he is all snuggled up in my blanket. Closeup of Champ sitting. Champ and Titan.

By Cindi

Champ in the snow.

Taz (Terrier Mix)

Taz is a 2 year and 5 month old Terrier mix. I got Taz just before I had brain surgery. I was unable to bend over and little Taz became my best helper. Without any training, he started to pick up items that I dropped, and handed them back to me.

He was found as a stray and taken to a shelter, where I found and adopted him. He thinks bringing me things is fun, and if there is nothing to bring, he will empty the waste paper basket just so he has something to give me. Taz is the best little dog I have ever owned. He is smart and loving and always by my side.

By Theresa

Black and tan terrier.

Zoe (Chihuahua/Terrier Mix)

Zoe is a 7 month old Chihuahua/Terrier mix. We adopted little Miss Zoe from a rescue organization at the end of July. The rescue we went through rescues small dogs in the San Diego/Mexico area. Zoe was found at a pound in Mexico. We don't really know much about how she ended up at the pound though.

Zoe loves playing with her toys, running on the beach, sitting in the sun at our sliding glass door, and cuddling. She is such a sweetie-pie. We also have a sixteen year old pugapoo named Pudgy. Zoe adores her big sister :)

By Heather D. from USA

Zoe Chihuahua Terrier Mix

Poppy (Toy Fox Terrier/Chihuahua Mix)

Poppy is a 3 year old half Toy Fox Terrier and half Chihuahua. My brother Bobby has Poppy's Mom and Dad; their names are Lilli and T-Bone. We got Poppy when he was 8 weeks old and was as small as a pack of cigarettes.

Poppy loves to tease us with his ropes and bones. He will bring them to us, but won't let us have them. If we seem disinterested, he'll bump the back of our legs and move just far enough away to stop us from reaching the toy. He growls with his mouth stuffed as if to say "Haha, you can't get it!"

He is so in tune with our emotions, staying by our side whenever we are sad or upset and tries to cheer us up by being playful. At the park, Poppy is such a gentleman that people compliment us on his personality all the time. Poppy steals your heart instantly. Sitting behind man's head. Poppy as a puppy.

By Kat

Poppy on sidewalk,

Squeeky (Schnauzer/Terrier)

Squeeky is approximately 18 months old. He is Schnauzer/Terrier mix. We adopted Squeeky from Miss Linda's Dogs for Adoption at the end of August. Someone had left him on the steps of a rescue foster home. After they approved our application, he traveled in a converted horse trailer all the way from Tennessee to a Park and Ride here in New England, where we picked him up in the driving rain left over from Hurricane Danny.

Squeeky loves to chase and retrieve tennis balls; we were delighted to learn that someone has already taught him the "leave" command. As you can see from the photo, our two cats, Tigger Toes and Kit Kat, are keeping an eye on his every move! But it's been an absolute joy having him join our home.

By NatashaLee from New England

Black dog.

Little LuLu (Lab Mix) and Mini MiMi (Terrier Mix)

We rescued and named our two very young puppies, Little LuLu (Lab mix) and Mini MiMi (Terrier mix) within two different litters from a local animal shelter that day. They were the same small-sized balls of joy at about 7 lbs each.

That was two years ago and now they are rambunctious and healthy sizes of their own with long-legged LuLu at 45 lbs and short MiMi at a compact muscular weight of 30 lbs. MiMi can walk underneath LuLu so she does; under and around LuLu, under and around LuLu goes MiMi.

They are close sisters as if they had come from the same litter. It was quite an accomplishment the other day to get these two to sit quietly long enough for us to take these photos of them at our Christmas tree. Happy Holidays 2010 and Happy 2011 to all!

By Susan D.

Dogs in front of Christmas tree.

Biscuit (Terrier Mix)

Biscuit is our 4 year old terrier mix. My husband was in the woods on his 4 wheeler and found her as a small puppy (she still had her milk teeth). Someone had thrown her away like trash.

She travels with us, swims in the pond, plays with grandchildren, and herds our goats. She is the sweetest little dog and my best friend. She even helps me weed the flower beds, pulling the grass with her teeth.

By Karen

Black and brown dog rolling on his back.

Charlie (Pomeranian/Maltese Terrier)

Charlie is a 10 year old Pomeranian x Maltese Terrier. We found Charlie at a pet store we were visiting. He came up to us and we never looked back - we picked him up and took him home!

He likes to eat frozen peas. He likes to take our pet Rat for a ride. He loves going in the car. He loves going to work with us on occasions. He loves to run after motor-bikes and he loves being with all of us.

He is the most remarkable little boy we have had the pleasure in loving :) I do not live in America so if I won any prize I would donate it to an animal shelter.

By Sharon

Charlie in dark glasses.

Baylei (Lab Terrier Mix)

Baylei is a 14 week old dog. I'm not really sure, but I think she is a mini Lab and Jack Russel terrier. I got her on September 12, 2009. Baylei likes to play with the cats and play with us, she is so cute.

By Dawn from Port Richy, FL

Black and white dog lying on back.

Baby (Mini Golden Retriever - Cairn Terrier Mix)

Baby is 2 months and 2 days old. She is a mix, mother (mini golden retriever), father (cairn terrier). My husband and I had no idea she was pregnant by my grandmother's dog. We took Missy (mother) with us to play with my grandmother's dog (Mr) while we visited my grandmother during Christmas.

I didn't notice that Missy was pregnant till 4 weeks before she gave birth. Missy gave birth on March 2, 2010 to a singleton. Baby is learning to play with toys and run up and down the stairs.

By Vella

Black and tan puppy.

Chance (Terrier/Maltese Mix)

Chance is 2 years old and a terrier/Maltese mix. Chance and I crossed paths after some jerk abandoned him at a vineyard a couple of miles from the nearest home or structure on a hillside. Not even a year old at the time, he was left to die on a hillside that hosted a vast population of wild boar, snakes, birds of prey, and, of course, the elements of an extremely cold winter. Thank God my mother's husband (an irrigation and fertilization specialist) and fellow crewmen went out on a call and ended up on the wrong vineyard.

It is there where the tiny white dog, rejoicing at the sight of people, began performing every cute trick he could pull out of his magic hat, in hopes they would share their lunch with him or at least some water, which all the men did do. When it was time to leave, they had all taken a liking to the little white dog. For various reasons, not one could offer him a home. One by one, they left a large portion of their lunch on a makeshift bowl while another donated his mini-ice chest and filled it with water for the little dog to have. The tiny dog ran a short ways chasing after each car as it drove away, still performing until the end.

My stepfather arrived back home later that evening with a distant and obvious uneasiness. He looked extremely bothered. As he sat down for dinner, he started to explain the events of the day. Immediately, I asked him how he could drive away and leave the little guy there? If he couldn't offer him a home, the SPCA or someone else would. I ran off to my softball game, already decided I was going to fake illness, borrow a car (mine was at shop for repair) and try to find this remote hillside and locate the little dog.

It was right after my friend handed me the key to her truck that I saw my brother and Joe and a tiny whitish furry little dog pull into the driveway. It appears Joe just couldn't stand the thought of the tiny dog out there abandoned, cold, heartbroken and surely becoming an appetizer to the wild boar, which surprisingly enough hadnt happened. My brother handed him to me and Chance wagged his tail so fast and started licking my face. We haven't spent one day apart since then. He is with me everywhere I go, 24/7. I named him Chance because I had specific rules about no pets in my lease and therefore there was a huge chance the little dog and myself would both get kicked out of our home. (P.S. We did not get kicked out)

Chance loves to play fetch. He loves to play hide and seek with my mom's two cats. He loves long walks in the forest and he loves to stop and smell different types of flowers. Sometimes, people or animals are just meant to cross paths for a reason we may or may never fully know or understand.

What I do know is that people tell me all the time what a lucky dog he is and I always respond the same thing: "I'm the lucky one. He brings me happiness with his snorts, laughter at the silly things he does, and unconditional love demonstrated by his kisses to my face. Not one day has gone by that he doesnt show me gratitude in one way or another. I only hope he knows how grateful I am to him." I love him but I have no intention of licking his hairy face!

by smoky002 from Monterey County, CA

Chance (Terrier/Maltese Mix)

Millie (Chihuahua/Rat Terrier Mix)

"Millie" (short for Millionaire), is a 3 year old Chihuahua/Rat Terrier Mix. I walked into a gas station 3 years ago and there she was running circles around the store, causing complete chaos. I watched as the clerk attempted to help customers and watch her at the same time, I thought "that dog is nuts, I have to get one just like her"! I asked the clerk about where I could get a puppy like her and as luck would have it, she happen to be for sale.

$110 and we have been inseparable ever since! Drives me nuts! =) She saved my life! I don't know what path I would have taken in life if she hadn't of come into my life. When I walked into that gas station 3 years ago, I had just lost my home, was angry at the world and determined to have no responsibility. The day I met Millie, I my life changed.

By Ivonne O. from Escondido, CA

Millie the Dog Looking at Flowers on Table

Millie Standing up to Look at Flowers on Glass Table

Boo (Dog)

Boo (Dog)

Your Pet's Age
4-5 yrs.?

Your Pet's Breed
Mixed

How and when did you get your pet?
We got Boo on Halloween, Look at his before grooming shot. He looked a little like a dirty ghost. Boo (Dog) Boo (Dog)

A friend helped find him and got us together. She gave him his first Christmas gift of a warm coat and reindeer antlers.

Boo (Dog)

What does your pet like to do for fun?
He likes going for walks and playing by himself with toys. He likes to chase a ball and NOT bring it back to you. And he BARKS at any little noise: kids on bikes/skateboards/ playing, gardeners, people walking by, wind blowing leaves. He is nothing like our Buddy.

Boo (Dog)

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
He is very protective and is a nipper. He will play bite softly, but also gets ugly when you try to take anything way from him that he shouldn't have (or even his ball or toys). We hope to find help from a good dog trainer for him soon.

Boo (Dog)

Boo (Dog)

By

Browny (Terrier Mix)

Browny is a 1 year old terrier mix. She was a puppy from my oldest dog's litter. A few months after her mother gave birth to Browny, we gave her to a neighbor.

A month later Browny's mother, who we had been with us for 10 years, passed away. The neighbor we gave Browny to, gave her back to us, because she was the only one out of the litter of puppies that looked like her mother. Very sad, but true, and we can't thank our neighbor enough.

Browny likes to steal anything, from socks to shoes, to teddybears, and run out the back door with them. She takes them through the doggy door. When we are missing a shoe, we know where to look! She loves to take showers, and not baths. LOL

By Carlotta

Reddish tan dog.

Lazlo (Terrier Mix)

Lazlo is a one and a half year old Jack Russell Terrier/Bull Terrier. We have had him since May. We found him through an ad on Craigslist.com about adoptions at a local Petsmart.

He loves to fetch his red ball, tennis balls, chew on his toy dinosaur, and play tug o' war. He also loves to run with a laser pointer, he doesn't chase it, he just runs beside it, like he is racing it, so funny.

He is very friendly. He gets along with everyone and everything he comes in contact with, even cats, which amazes me every time. He is super cute whenever his right ear decides to flop down for a while, I love it.

Dog chewing a toy.

By Amanda from Gastonia,NC

Chip (Rat Terrier/Chi Mix)

Chip is a 4 year old Rat Terrier/Chi mix. We got Chip in 9/2008 from my friend at work for my son's birthday present. Chip loves to hunt for animals, go for walks, play with his brothers and sisters and loves to go for car rides, 4wheeler rides, and swimming in the pond. Chip is a very smart dog; we have taught him how to sit, lay, dance, roll, talk, and shake. He is a very protective of my son. If anyone comes up to him and Chip doesn't know that person he stands between my son and the person. If my son is playing with his brothers and he starts hollering, Chip will attack the boys until they let loose of him. He is so stocky that we call him Tank. He also reminds me of the dog off of "The Mask" he acts just like him. lol

By Renee M. from Hartshorne, OK

Black and white terrier in flowers.

Benji (Terrier Mix)

Benji is a 10 1/2 year old Terrier mix. He outlived 2 previous owners and was given to me because I used to watch him when his owner went on vacation.

He likes to play with toys, eat McDonald's ice cream (3 times a year), go for walks and rides, and roughhouse with mommy. He loves apples and popcorn and likes to cuddle in the winter under mommy's blanket.

If he were any better, he'd be ceramic. The most loving dog I have ever been around.

By Christine

White and grey small dog.

Buzzie (Beagle-Terrier-Boxer Mix)

Buzzie is a 3 year old Beagle, Terrier, and Boxer mix. I adopted her from a shelter about 2 years ago. Buzzie loves to find the toy with the squeaker and just make it squeak! She also has a bay window that she sits in and watches the traffic drive by. She is a great snuggler and loves to give kisses! Buzzie is very energetic, friendly, and adorable. The perfect pet for someone like me!

By Krissie

Buzzie licking young woman.

Lily (Silky Terrier/Chihuahua)

Lily is a 6 year old Silky Terrier/Chihuahua. I found Lily through the local paper. I was looking for a lapdog, and after having cats for so long, I knew a small dog with a personality would be the right choice. She was 6 weeks old and already knew how to charm me. The woman I got her from held 4 puppies in her arms for me to choose from and Lily jumped out of her arms to me - literally. So, she really picked me.

Lily loves to cuddle, roll around in the grass on a sunny day, dance for her treats and chase rabbits out of her yard. Lily helped me through a very emotional divorce. Every day I come home she greets me with a wagging tail and what I like to call, a smile.

That little girl has put more smiles on people's faces than any other dog I've met. She's even brought people to tears with how cuddly and loving she can be. There's not a day that goes by that I'm not thankful for her. She's the best dog-kid a 'mom' could ask for! Lily on lawn.

By Janine

Lily on chair.

Syrus (Min Pin Terrier Mix)

Syrus is a 6 year old mixed breed. To the best of my ability I believe he is Min Pin and terrier mix. I bought him at the shelter when he was a puppy. Syrus was found on the street in Chicago. Someone found him and brought him to a local shelter. I got him when he was about 6-7 months. All the cages were filled up with other pets at the time and he was in a small crate by the cashiers. I asked them if he bites and if I could buy him. They said yes I can. He is a Min-Pin mix.

Syrus has a baby swimming pool he plays in the summer. He has lots of toys that he ripped all the stuffing out of. He likes pig ears, treats, and cookies. He also lets kids dress him up in outfits. I don't think he likes that, but it is funny.

You don't need to spend a lot of money on a pet in a pet store. Shelters are the best. He loves me and protects me. He is a very loyal and playful dog. He sits in my lap when I am at the computer and watching TV.

By Day from Palatine, IL

Dog in wading pool wtih tennis balls.

Maxx (Yorkie/Terrier Mix)

Maxx is a 4 year old Yorkie/Terrier mix. Maxx was a rescue dog and we got him right before Christmas last year.

Maxx loves to play in the water hose. It's so comical to watch him chase the water. By the time he is done, he is soaked and loves it!

Maxx is such a loving and sweet dog. He has a great personality we are so lucky to have him in our lives.

By Mary from Gulfport, MS

Closeup of Maxx.

Sonny (Daschund/Terrier Mix)

Sonny is 7 year old Dachshund/Terrier Mix. We got him from SSDA, a Dachshund rescue group five years ago. Sonny likes to run around in the yard, sleep in the sun.

By Anissa from Hurlburt Field, FL

Brown Dachshund mix sitting on the carpet.

Daisy Mable (Cairn Terrier Mix)

This is Daisy Mable. She is a cairn terrier mix. I inherited her from a co-worker 8 years ago. She is the first small breed dog that I have owned, but they say "great things come in small packages". She has certainly proved true to the saying. This was taken at a Mardi Gras Parade for dogs called Krewe des Chiens.

By kimlovesrosie from Lafayette, LA

Daisy at Mardi Gras.

Molly (Rat Terrier - Chihuahua Mix)

Molly is 1 year and 7 months old. She is a Rat Terrier Chihuahua Mix. I got her through a friend on May 26, 2009.

She likes to jump in the pond and scavenge for frogs. She loves to eat celery, she MUST sleep right in the middle of my fiance and I and she is great at learning tricks.

By Sonia

Molly and her toys.

Diego (Terrier-Chihuahua Mix)

Diego is a 3-4 month old Terrier-Chihuahua mix. We got him 3 days ago for our grand-daughter. There was an ad on-line and we called and had to travel about 1/2 hour to pick him up. Right now he is just getting used to us. We got him toys to play with, but he likes to follow you around the house.

By Leslie from Johnstown, PA

Puppy in yard.

Chalupa (Terrier-Chihuahua Mix)

Chalupa is a a 7 year old cheater, a Terrier/Chihuahua mix. We got her as a tiny puppy from a relative. She likes to nap on the bed, and doesn't like getting her picture taken. She's my little Doodles, and she loves eating pupperoni's.

By Katy from SW, MI

Chalupa under the pillow.

Jeter (Boston Terrier Mix)

Jeter is a 2 1/2 year old Maltese and Boston Terrier. I got him two years ago. He was 6 weeks old when I brought him home. I got him from one of my clients that had a litter she didn't want. I got the another puppy 4 weeks later that they where going to take to the pound.

Jeter's sisters name is Katie and they do love each other to death! He likes stuffed animals, playing tug-a-war and just recently he like to honk the horn in my truck! He like to make friends with everyone. He has a wonderful personality and listens when told.

By Jill

Jeter behind the wheel of a Toyota.

Tiny and Jake (Rat Terrier Mix and Hound Mix)

Tiny and Jake are both one year old. Tiny is a Rat Terrier mix and Jake is a hound mix. I got my Rat Terrier mix/mutt from the Humane Society in Miami Florida in 2010. My second dog I rescued from the Humane Society in Tampa Florida, recently in May 2012.

Tiny is a street dog. I always try to prevent her running away because of the cars in my neighborhood, but sometimes she seems to manage to find her way out. Tiny loves to roam the street and run. My other dog Jake loves to dig and play. Every time Jake is outside he will always dig. Jake also loves to play fight with Tiny all the time. It is even sometimes a bother to Tiny when she is trying to go to sleep at night. Tiny and Jake are best friends. My dogs love to play and they are best friends forever.

By doglover0300123 from Tampa, FL

Dogs playing.

Sable and Daddy (Rat Terrier/Chihuahua)

Here's Sable! Sable is a 4 year old Rat Terrier/Chihuahua mix. We received her from my fiance's sister after she had her first born. This is our first born and she is spoiled to death! She is a Rat Terrier/Chihuahua mix. She loves to sleep with us.

Dog on dog bed.

Here she is posing with her "daddy". She loves to cuddle with my fiance, Jim, and I. Yes, she is spoiled rotten!

Man lying over dog. Man lying on floor next to sitting dog.

By Carol Ann

Mr. Spugsley (Cairn Terrier/Chihuahua Mix)

Mr. Spugsley is a 2 year old Cairn Terrier/Chihuahua mix. We brought him home on New Year's Day of 2007. I found him on craigslist.

He likes to shred brown paper bags or toilet paper rolls, chase tennis balls, and sometimes just snuggle.

By CJ from Dallas, TX

White dog with one floppy ear.

Spike (Chihuahua/Rat Terrier?)

This is Spike. He is 1 1/2 years old now but 2 months in this picture. He is a Chihuahua and maybe Rat Terrier. I got him for Valentine's Day because my first Chihuahua, who is a female, fell in love with my husband and he joking said maybe I needed a male Chihuahua to love on me.

He chases a rubber ball but he doesn't like to give it up, he just likes to tease you with it and squeak it in your ear when you're not paying him enough attention. We tell him to love on Meche (our female) and he nibbles and licks all over her ear and head even though she is much older than him and not very tolerant of him, possibly because he is not pure Chihuahua and so much bigger than her. He weighs 10 lbs and she weighs 4 lbs.

By Evey from Manvel, TX

Black and tan dog in red knit hat.

Cookie (Terrier/Poodle Mix)

My doggie is called Cookie. We think he is about 4.5 years old. The vet thinks he is a terrier/poodle mix. He is all shades of grey and sliver with some light brown when his fur is long.

I live alone and had recently been burgled. All my friends told me I should get a dog but I had never had one before (I've always been a cat person but developed allergies as I got older). After the burglary, I decided that I would give it a try so I posted an advert in the local paper asking for a companion dog that was not a puppy, house trained and quiet. All my friends told me I was nuts and that I would never find such a perfect dog but I did! The first woman who contacted me had found a 6-month old puppy that had been abandoned by the side of the road and took it home. She cared for it for a year but as it got older, it became jealous of her other four dogs and she knew that she would have to find a good home for it. She saw my advert and that was how I got my Cookie and made a wonderful new friend.

For fun, Cookie likes to go to the park. Every morning when we leave our building, his girlfriend, Gina, is waiting outside and away we all go. It is so comical to see them together as Gina is an old, Doberman mix who is a street dog and is fed by everyone in the neighborhood and then there is little Cookie next to her!

Cookie is a wonderful companion and I only wish I had realized what great pets dogs are many years ago. He is loyal, quiet (he only barks for a reason), loves to play, never fights with other dogs, likes cats and is so well-behaved in the house I still can't believe it. We have been together for almost three years now and I can't imagine my life without him.

By lisingreece from Thessaloniki, Greece Three part photo.

Editor's NoteHere is a previous post about Cookie:

Cookie on hot pink blanket.

Audrey (Terrier Mix) In The Water

When we moved to Hawaii, Audrey came along (of course). We lived there for about 2 years. Here is her first experience with water and swimming, when we went kayaking in Kaneohe Bay on Oahu. She used her tail like an above-the-water rudder, very cute!

If you're considering a new four-legged family member, please adopt. At http://www.petfinder.com, you can find everything from hamsters to horses, and all of them are looking for forever homes. By Laura from Long Beach, CA

Editor's Note: Here are some previous entries about Audrey:

White and tan dog swimming.

Cooper (Terrier Mix)

Cooper is 1 year old and is a goofy terrier mix. I adopted from a local dog rescue in June 2007.

Cooper is an enthusiastic running buddy who loves cookies, hugs, and car rides.

Petfinder.com lists pets in rescues and shelters waiting for "furever" homes. After the holiday hub bub, what better way to start the new year than by adopting a new furry member to complement your family?

Go to http://www.petfinder.com and enter your criteria and location information into the search engine.

We found our most recent addition to our family, Cooper, on Petfinder.com

By LuvMyGingerKids from Long Beach, CA

Editor's Note: Here is a previous entry with Cooper:

White and tan wiry terrier.

Cooper and Audrey (Terrier Mix)

Cooper (1) and Audrey (4) are Terrier mixes (unrelated). Both Cooper and Audrey were rescued from high kill shelters.

They love to go for runs, play tug of war with each other, and steal each other's toys. Cooper and Audrey have become the best of buddies.

We had a generic portrait taken at an outdoor holiday fundraising fair. We spent $15 on a 4x6 photograph (tax deductible) and a friend converted it into our Christmas card.

Christmas photo.

Niño (Terrier Mix)

Niño (Nin-yo) is 2+ years and a Terrier Mix. This is the other portion of my heart, Niño (Spanish for "little boy"). The breeder told me I was getting a pure bred poodle and I certainly paid the price, literally. But, 2 years later, I couldn't be a happier mama! Niño every dog owner's delight: playful, loving, obedient, attentive, loyal, and a great 2-legged dancer!

For fun, he likes to give kisses, run in the park, have his belly rubbed or scratched, play with other dogs (chase and be chased), chew yummy bones, sleep next to or on the pillow above his mama, and of course, prompt a never-ending game of run, retrieve, and return a toy he's set it in your lap that he'll continue to nudge until you finally give in. Besides, who can say no to such a persistent, fun-loving spirit?

Niño is already ready for Halloween this year. He is modeling his homemade fur cape and matching ankle cuffs. After all, no dog (regardless of gender) can have too many fur "coats!"

By Nancy T. from Tucson, AZ

Cream colored dog in fur cape and cuffs.

Cookie Bear (Poodle/Terrier Mix)

My doggie's name is Cookie Bear. We think he is a mix of a poodle and a terrier around 4.5 years old. A caring man heard Cookie crying in the bushes late one night as he walked home from work. He was about 6 months old and someone had abandoned him. Thank goodness he was found by a caring animal lover and taken in.

I had never had dogs before (I love cats but developed allergies as I got older) but decided that maybe it was time to get another pet. So I put an advert in the local paper asking for an older dog that was house trained. All my friends told me that I would never find such a dog but lo and behold, the first person to answer my advert was Leandros' mum. She told me that they had had Cookie for about a year, but could no longer keep him since he was a one-person dog and she had three large dogs of her own. Every time one of them got close to her, Cookie would growl and chase them away. As much as she loved him she knew that he would be better off being the center of attention in a one-pet household. So, after several attempts at a meeting, she drove him up to me. It was a 1.5 hour ride!

Cookie and I bonded the moment we met and although Pauvlina wasn't planning on leaving him with me that day, she felt that it was the right thing to do and so that is how I got my lovely little Cookie Bear!

Cookie enjoys a two-hour walk around the city each morning that ends up at a large park where he plays with all his doggie friends. He was so shy and scared when he first came to me but now, three years later, he is very self-assured and comfortable with me. He also loves to chase cats, but if one turns around to stand its ground, Cookie freaks out! He grew up in his first home with cats so he likes them and is only chasing them for the thrill of running.

Cookie is a wonderful companion and is just the right thing for me at this time in my life. He is a good watch dog and a joy to watch as he confidently walks around the city with me. He was very easy to train and has never done one thing bad in the years that I have had him. He is just a perfect little thing. Well, he has a weight problem as I do so we both need to diet!

By Lisa from Thessaloniki, Greece Cookie in shades. Poodle/Terrier Mix Poodle/Terrier Mix Poodle/Terrier Mix

Black and white terrier mix.

Lucy (Innocent until Proven Guilty) - Bearded Collie/Terrier Mix

Lucy was 1 1/2 years old when this picture was taken. She is a Bearded Collie/Terrier Mix. Lucy was a Rescued Dog. She became a part of our family Jan. 2004.

Lucy likes to bark, eat anything arms-length on the counters, but after 3 years with us, she has turned out to be an awesome loving smart pet.

Lucy had a very harsh start in life, after she turned 1.5 we were ready to give her a very loving home with lots of good treats. (Her ears just perked up hearing that special word "Treats")

By Terry Lynn Hawkes from Fall River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

Lucy (Bearded Collie/Terrier Mix)

Lucy in kitchen

Scruffy's Birthday (Terrier Mix)

Scruffy is a 2 year old terrier mix. We got her at the San Diego County Animal Shelter in June, 2005.

Scruffy is very friendly and loves to socialize at the park, wrestle with our big dog Barkley, or just curl up on my lap while I watch TV.

We have a tradition of celebrating our dog's birthdays with meat-loaf, when they roll around each year. Scruffy's 2nd birthday was January 21st. Here's a photo of her (the small tan one,) with my son D.J., and our 8 year old pointer-mix pup Barkley, waiting for a slice of "cake."

By Donna from San Diego, CA

Teen sitting with Scruffy and another dog, with Happy Birthday sign on floor.

Scruffy "Crockett" - Terrier Mix

Scruffy is a 1 year old Terrier mix. We adopted her from the San Diego County Animal Shelter in June, 2005 as a pal for our other dog Barkley.

Scruffy is a most social dog. While my other dog Barkley lives to chase the tennis ball, Scruffy is utterly disinterested in playing ball. Her sole purpose in life is to meet new doggie friends, large and small at the beach or dog park. (For pictures of Barkley and Scruffy Click Here

She is a sweet, loving pup who thinks she's a furry little person, always climbing up in my lap or making herself at home on my bed. I get quite a kick out of dressing her up, and as you can see, she's a pretty good sport. Here she is modeling her Halloween costume. We call her "Scruffy Crockett."

By Donna Napolitan from San Diego, CA

Scruffy in he Davy Crockett outfit.

Suzie Q (Terrier Mix)

Suzie Q is a 1 year old Terrier mix. I rescued Suzie from the Illinois Doberman Rescue Group, Plus. They take all kinds of dogs and cats, not only Dobermans.

She likes to run around the house while getting chased by my 9 year old siamese cat. She loves her rawhides and loves her walks!

She is a real good cuddler. Loves to be near people. She just learned how to sit!

By Josette from Plano, IL

Brown dog with pointy ears.

Scooter Bentley (Bichon Terrier Mix)

Scooter Bentley is a 12 week old Bichon Terrier Mix. We just purchased him in Ohio and our sister-in-law and family are keeping him, until we can arrive from Florida in July.

They say he likes to play with his cousins' toys and is very friendly. We have heard him whine on the phone and this is his first picture.

I have wanted a new puppy since we retired in 2003 and my husband surprised me with this new puppy. I have already started a digital scrapbook. I am so excited.

Scooter Bentley - Bichon Terrier Mix

By DiAnne and Jerry from Leesburg, Florida

Lady (Terrier/Beagle/Husky Mix)

Lady is my 11 year old Terrier, Beagle, Husky. I was working at our local library and I went out to the big book return outside and when it was opened there were 4 puppies in the box. One of them was Lady. She likes to go to Grandma's, go to McDonald's, play with all her toys and go for walks. She taught herself how to dance as one of her tricks.

By Beth H. from Lima, OH

Lady (Terrier/Beagle/Husky Mix)

Zeak (Beagle Terrier Mix)

Zeak is 2 years old and is a Beagle/Terrier mix. We got him when he was 6 weeks old. Was driving into Hillsboro to do some shopping and passed a sign for free puppies. My son and I decided to check it out. I told my son that we would only take one if they had a male left. We already had 2 dogs at home. They happened to have one male left ... Zeak.

He likes to take walks in the snow, play with chew toys, get petted, petted, and petted!

Zeak is a very devoted, loving pet. He is the center of attention for my husband and I. Our "little boy" (ha ha). Everyone who sees him does the "ohhh, awww" thing and tells us how cute. We are sending Christmas cards this year with this photo and the inside of the card has "doggy etiquette" for the holidays.

Tan and white terrier mix.

By hvnlyhills from Peebles, OH

Chica and Taco (Rat Terrier and Manchester Terrier Mix)

The first picture is of Chica sitting on top of her brother, Taco, in a cookie tin. This was taken when they were puppies. They are a mix of rat terrier and Manchester terrier. Chica was the runt of the litter.

They are now 13 years old and both quite loved and spoiled. Chica lives with my mom, and Taco lives with us.

After my Dad died, my mom wanted a companion, and then couldn't resist getting a puppy for her grandsons also.

The second picture is of Chica eating corn on the cob at the table. She is on a strict diet, but gets veggie treats such as carrots. She will also eat sunflower seeds that the birds knock out of the feeders.

Taco is the fastest dog in the neighborhood and loves to run and climb. There is not a fence that can keep him in, but he sticks close by our country home.

Chica eating corn on the cob.

By Paula from Crawford, TX

Chica sitting on her brother.

Pluto (Terrier Mix)

This is Pluto. He is a rescue dog that we brought home from a kennel on Father's day this year. The kennel told us he is about 2 years old and a terrier mix. He had been abandoned at a school near the kennel and they had him about 4 months before we got him.

Pluto loves to chase balls and chew his toys. His favorite thing is to play with my 10 year old son, Nick. After playing all day Pluto wants to sit in your lap for some loving all night.

By Michelle in SoCal

Closeup of brown dog.

Colby (Terrier Mix)

Colby is 5 months old. He is a terrier mix. He was born with a hernia on the front of his chest and when he turned 5 months old we had it removed. He is just a joy to have around.

By Rudy

Tan terrier mix lying down.