Terrier Mix Photos

Small mixed breed dogs can make wonderful companions. This page contains terrier mix photos.

Terrier Mix
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Champ is 10 months old. Based on his vet's opinion, he is part Dachshund and part Terrier. I believe he is part Hound, and part trouble-maker! After having just lost my beloved pit bull, Jada, to a reckless van driver, I went around to shelters to make donations in her memory. No way did I want another another animal because I could not bear to love a dog that much and lose it.

It was when we went to North Shore Animal League, that I saw in the distance, this tiny nothing tossing a ball in the air that was 3 times his size. I began to cry uncontrollably, and blurted out "I want him." As it was, we were one person too late (all the while I'm standing in front of his cage like a protective mother, telling those onlookers I'm adopting him). I guess my beloved Jada was looking down on me, because the first person was denied, and so began my new journey with Champ.

He's such an amazingly, happy little guy. He loves soft toys and playing with his big brother, Titan. He loves to snuggle beside you and follow you every where - even in the shower. If a door closes behind you, 10 to 1 he will be on the other side of the door sitting patiently waiting for you to let him in.

Champ loves burying himself so deep under my covers, that unless you know that's where you left him, you can't see him. I don't know how he does it. He'll come up with his tongue hanging out of his mouth, panting. Then two seconds later, back under he goes! Champ especially loves my heating blanket. More times than not, I'm left to sleep, with my you know what hanging out in the cold, while he is all snuggled up in my blanket. Closeup of Champ sitting. Champ and Titan.

By Cindi

Champ in the snow.

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

We moved out to the country, in the middle of Texas. Two dogs were watching my husband from the woods, dropped off strays. He called them over and they were overjoyed and hungry. The next day they came back again. I couldn't deny these 2 devoted friends a forever, safe, fun home off the streets.

Sparky (Chihuahua Terrier Mix)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

closeup of short hair white cat

Your Pet's Age
5

Your Pet's Breed
Toy Fox Terrier/Chihuahua Mix

How and when did you get your pet?
I got Lucy in October of 2013. My friend's sister got Lucy as a puppy. About the time that Lucy turned 3 or 3 1/2 yrs old, she was put outside permanently, she lived on a ranch up in high desert country in Northern California, because she was a "little dog" and her owner's husband said he "hated little dogs". A few months later, he told Lucy's owner that if she didn't get rid of Lucy, he was "going to take her up the hill and put a bullet in her head". He said she was useless because she's a "little dog". I was told that he would actually kick her like a football out the front door if he found her inside the house. How could anyone treat any animal like that? When my friend told me about Lucy, I cried. He took me up to see her and I fell in love with her right away. She was so sweet and came right up to me wagging her tail. She had been injured in a fight with another dog on the ranch (the red mark in the corner of her eye) and she had to compete for food with the dog that attacked her and 6 or 7, 12 week old puppies. She was so "beaten down" emotionally and physically that she didn't have any confidence at all. But, she was still happy to see anyone who visited the ranch. I decided that I was not going to allow this poor sweet little girl to go thru that anymore. I took her home and brought her into my room. She and Karma (my seal point Siamese) met for the first time. They touched noses and then Karma rubbed up against her as if to give her approval! I called Lucy over and let her jump up on the bed, she looked confused at first. Once she realized that I was inviting her to sleep in the bed with me and Karma, she jumped up and immediately laid flat on her tummy, all 4 legs out! (lol) She let out a big sigh and melted into the bed! She's been a cuddle bug with us ever since. She's been very slow to come out of her shell, but just recently she's actually joined in the play time activities with Lil Bit. She's still not sure quite how to play, but we are working on it.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Lucy loves to go for walks and rides in the car. But her absolute favorite thing to do, is lay next to a warm lap (my boyfriend's must be the best because that's where you can find her 24/7!) or curled up under the blankets next to her daddy at night.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
Lucy was physically, emotionally, and verbally abused for God know's how long, but despite all of that torture, she is so loving and mellow. She's very sweet and has become Daddy's girl despite the hell that other man put her through! A true testament to a dog's heart and ability to love.

Lucy (Toy Fox Terrier/Chihuahua Mix)Lucy (Toy Fox Terrier/Chihuahua Mix)

We adopted him in March 2015 from The County Animal Rescue League. He has lots of high energy! He digs holes in the yard, un-stuffs comforters, chews up toys, and barks when the phone rings.

tan and white terrier

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Zoe is a 7 month old Chihuahua/Terrier mix. We adopted little Miss Zoe from a rescue organization at the end of July. The rescue we went through rescues small dogs in the San Diego/Mexico area.

Zoe Chihuahua Terrier Mix

Taz is a 2 year and 5 month old Terrier mix. I got Taz just before I had brain surgery. I was unable to bend over and little Taz became my best helper. Without any training, he started to pick up items that I dropped, and handed them back to me.

Black and tan terrier.

Chance is 2 years old and a terrier/Maltese mix. Chance and I crossed paths after some jerk abandoned him at a vineyard a couple of miles from the nearest home or structure on a hillside.

Chance (Terrier/Maltese Mix)

Sonny is 7 year old Dachshund/Terrier Mix. We got him from SSDA, a Dachshund rescue group five years ago. Sonny likes to run around in the yard, sleep in the sun.

Brown Dachshund mix sitting on the carpet.

Squeeky is approximately 18 months old. He is Schnauzer/Terrier mix. We adopted Squeeky from Miss Linda's Dogs for Adoption at the end of August. Someone had left him on the steps of a rescue foster home.

Black dog.

Maxx is a 4 year old Yorkie/Terrier mix. Maxx was a rescue dog and we got him right before Christmas last year.

Closeup of Maxx.

Baylei is a 14 week old dog. I'm not really sure, but I think she is a mini Lab and Jack Russel terrier. I got her on September 12, 2009. Baylei likes to play with the cats and play with us, she is so cute.

Black and white dog lying on back.

"Millie" (short for Millionaire), is a 3 year old Chihuahua/Rat Terrier Mix. I walked into a gas station 3 years ago and there she was running circles around the store, causing complete chaos.

Millie Standing up to Look at Flowers on Glass Table

This is Daisy Mable. She is a cairn terrier mix. I inherited her from a co-worker 8 years ago. She is the first small breed dog that I have owned, but they say "great things come in small packages".

Daisy at Mardi Gras.

We got her as a puppy 8 years ago.

Abby closeup.

Baby is 2 months and 2 days old. She is a mix, mother (mini golden retriever), father (cairn terrier). My husband and I had no idea she was pregnant by my grandmother's dog.

Black and tan puppy.

We rescued and named our two very young puppies, Little LuLu (Lab mix) and Mini MiMi (Terrier mix) within two different litters from a local animal shelter that day. They were the same small-sized balls of joy at about 7 lbs each.

Dogs in front of Christmas tree.

Molly is 1 year and 7 months old. She is a Rat Terrier Chihuahua Mix. I got her through a friend on May 26, 2009.

Molly and her toys.

We got Boo on Halloween, Look at his before grooming shot. He looked a little like a dirty ghost.

Boo (Dog)

Poppy is a 3 year old half Toy Fox Terrier and half Chihuahua. My brother Bobby has Poppy's Mom and Dad; their names are Lilli and T-Bone. We got Poppy when he was 8 weeks old and was as small as a pack of cigarettes. Poppy loves to tease us with his ropes and bones.

Poppy on sidewalk,

Biscuit is our 4 year old terrier mix. My husband was in the woods on his 4 wheeler and found her as a small puppy (she still had her milk teeth) as someone had thrown her away like trash.

Black and brown dog rolling on his back.

Charlie is a 10 year old Pomeranian x Maltese Terrier. We found Charlie at a pet store we were visiting. He came up to us and we never looked back - we picked him up and took him home!

Charlie in dark glasses.

Chip is a 4 year old Rat Terrier/Chi mix. We got Chip in 9/2008 from my friend at work for my son's birthday present. Chip loves to hunt for animals, go for walks, play with his brothers and sisters and loves to go for car rides, 4wheeler rides, and swimming in the pond.

Black and white terrier in flowers.

Scooter Bentley is a 12 week old Bichon Terrier Mix. We just purchased him in Ohio and our sister-in-law and family are keeping him, until we can arrive from Florida in July. . .

My doggie's name is Cookie Bear. We think he is a mix of a poodle and a terrier around 4.5 years old. A caring man heard Cookie crying in the bushes late one night as he walked home from work.

Black and white terrier mix.

When I was a boy, many years ago, my parents went to visit relatives in Moose Jaw Saskatchewan Canada. When they came home, they brought with them a puppy as a gift to me. We named her Toots. She was a very smart little dog and learned all kinds of tricks.

In Memory of Toots (Dog)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Colby is 5 months old. He is a terrier mix. He was born with a hernia on the front of his chest and when he turned 5 months old we had it removed. He is just a joy to have around.

Tan terrier mix lying down.

Load More
Photos Pets DogsOctober 31, 2013
American Staffordshire Terrier
American Staffordshire Terrier Breed Information and Photos
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Welsh Terrier
Welsh Terrier Breed Information
Yorkshire Terrier Breed Information and Photos
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 28, 2016 at 3:14:21 AM on 10.0.1.218 in 738 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.