Terrier Mix Photos

Small mixed breed dogs can make wonderful companions. This page contains terrier mix photos.

Terrier Mix
Filter Sort

Champ (Dachshund - Terrier Mix)

By Silli Ole Me =0) 6 35

Champ is 10 months old. Based on his vet's opinion, he is part Dachshund and part Terrier. I believe he is part Hound, and part trouble-maker! After having just lost my beloved pit bull, Jada, to a reckless van driver, I went around to shelters to make donations in her memory. No way did I want another another animal because I could not bear to love a dog that much and lose it.

It was when we went to North Shore Animal League, that I saw in the distance, this tiny nothing tossing a ball in the air that was 3 times his size. I began to cry uncontrollably, and blurted out "I want him." As it was, we were one person too late (all the while I'm standing in front of his cage like a protective mother, telling those onlookers I'm adopting him). I guess my beloved Jada was looking down on me, because the first person was denied, and so began my new journey with Champ.

He's such an amazingly, happy little guy. He loves soft toys and playing with his big brother, Titan. He loves to snuggle beside you and follow you every where - even in the shower. If a door closes behind you, 10 to 1 he will be on the other side of the door sitting patiently waiting for you to let him in.

Champ loves burying himself so deep under my covers, that unless you know that's where you left him, you can't see him. I don't know how he does it. He'll come up with his tongue hanging out of his mouth, panting. Then two seconds later, back under he goes! Champ especially loves my heating blanket. More times than not, I'm left to sleep, with my you know what hanging out in the cold, while he is all snuggled up in my blanket. Closeup of Champ sitting. Champ and Titan.

By Cindi

Champ in the snow.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Zoe (Chihuahua/Terrier Mix)

By Heather D. 5 4

Zoe is a 7 month old Chihuahua/Terrier mix. We adopted little Miss Zoe from a rescue organization at the end of July. The rescue we went through rescues small dogs in the San Diego/Mexico area. Zoe was found at a pound in Mexico. We don't really know much about how she ended up at the pound though.

Zoe loves playing with her toys, running on the beach, sitting in the sun at our sliding glass door, and cuddling. She is such a sweetie-pie. We also have a sixteen year old pugapoo named Pudgy. Zoe adores her big sister :)

By Heather D. from USA

Zoe Chihuahua Terrier Mix

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Squeeky (Schnauzer/Terrier)

By Natasha 14 18

Squeeky is approximately 18 months old. He is Schnauzer/Terrier mix. We adopted Squeeky from Miss Linda's Dogs for Adoption at the end of August. Someone had left him on the steps of a rescue foster home. After they approved our application, he traveled in a converted horse trailer all the way from Tennessee to a Park and Ride here in New England, where we picked him up in the driving rain left over from Hurricane Danny.

Squeeky loves to chase and retrieve tennis balls; we were delighted to learn that someone has already taught him the "leave" command. As you can see from the photo, our two cats, Tigger Toes and Kit Kat, are keeping an eye on his every move! But it's been an absolute joy having him join our home.

By NatashaLee from New England

Black dog.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Baylei (Lab Terrier Mix)

By dawn morrow 2

Baylei is a 14 week old dog. I'm not really sure, but I think she is a mini Lab and Jack Russel terrier. I got her on September 12, 2009. Baylei likes to play with the cats and play with us, she is so cute.

By Dawn from Port Richy, FL

Black and white dog lying on back.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Scooter Bentley (Bichon Terrier Mix)

By Di 5 2

Scooter Bentley is a 12 week old Bichon Terrier Mix. We just purchased him in Ohio and our sister-in-law and family are keeping him, until we can arrive from Florida in July.

They say he likes to play with his cousins' toys and is very friendly. We have heard him whine on the phone and this is his first picture.

I have wanted a new puppy since we retired in 2003 and my husband surprised me with this new puppy. I have already started a digital scrapbook. I am so excited.

Scooter Bentley - Bichon Terrier Mix

By DiAnne and Jerry from Leesburg, Florida

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Colby (Terrier Mix)

Colby is 5 months old. He is a terrier mix. He was born with a hernia on the front of his chest and when he turned 5 months old we had it removed. He is just a joy to have around.

By Rudy

Tan terrier mix lying down.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Cookie Bear (Poodle/Terrier Mix)

By Lisa Austin 21 89

My doggie's name is Cookie Bear. We think he is a mix of a poodle and a terrier around 4.5 years old. A caring man heard Cookie crying in the bushes late one night as he walked home from work. He was about 6 months old and someone had abandoned him. Thank goodness he was found by a caring animal lover and taken in.

I had never had dogs before (I love cats but developed allergies as I got older) but decided that maybe it was time to get another pet. So I put an advert in the local paper asking for an older dog that was house trained. All my friends told me that I would never find such a dog but lo and behold, the first person to answer my advert was Leandros' mum. She told me that they had had Cookie for about a year, but could no longer keep him since he was a one-person dog and she had three large dogs of her own. Every time one of them got close to her, Cookie would growl and chase them away. As much as she loved him she knew that he would be better off being the center of attention in a one-pet household. So, after several attempts at a meeting, she drove him up to me. It was a 1.5 hour ride!

Cookie and I bonded the moment we met and although Pauvlina wasn't planning on leaving him with me that day, she felt that it was the right thing to do and so that is how I got my lovely little Cookie Bear!

Cookie enjoys a two-hour walk around the city each morning that ends up at a large park where he plays with all his doggie friends. He was so shy and scared when he first came to me but now, three years later, he is very self-assured and comfortable with me. He also loves to chase cats, but if one turns around to stand its ground, Cookie freaks out! He grew up in his first home with cats so he likes them and is only chasing them for the thrill of running.

Cookie is a wonderful companion and is just the right thing for me at this time in my life. He is a good watch dog and a joy to watch as he confidently walks around the city with me. He was very easy to train and has never done one thing bad in the years that I have had him. He is just a perfect little thing. Well, he has a weight problem as I do so we both need to diet!

By Lisa from Thessaloniki, Greece Cookie in shades. Poodle/Terrier Mix Poodle/Terrier Mix Poodle/Terrier Mix

Black and white terrier mix.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Chance (Terrier/Maltese Mix)

By smoky002 1 1

Chance is 2 years old and a terrier/Maltese mix. Chance and I crossed paths after some jerk abandoned him at a vineyard a couple of miles from the nearest home or structure on a hillside.

Chance (Terrier/Maltese Mix)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Sonny (Daschund/Terrier Mix)

By Anissa 1

Sonny is 7 year old Dachshund/Terrier Mix. We got him from SSDA, a Dachshund rescue group five years ago. Sonny likes to run around in the yard, sleep in the sun.

Brown Dachshund mix sitting on the carpet.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Maxx (Yorkie/Terrier Mix)

By mary 1

Maxx is a 4 year old Yorkie/Terrier mix. Maxx was a rescue dog and we got him right before Christmas last year.

Closeup of Maxx.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Niño (Terrier Mix)

By Nancy Taubman 3

Niño (Nin-yo) is 2+ years and a Terrier Mix. This is the other portion of my heart, Niño (Spanish for "little boy").

Cream colored dog in fur cape and cuffs.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Daisy Mable (Cairn Terrier Mix)

By Kim Fontenot 1 3

This is Daisy Mable. She is a cairn terrier mix. I inherited her from a co-worker 8 years ago. She is the first small breed dog that I have owned, but they say "great things come in small packages".

Daisy at Mardi Gras.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Lazlo (Terrier Mix)

By Amanda Cabe 1 1

Lazlo is a one and a half year old Jack Russell Terrier/Bull Terrier. We have had him since May. We found him through an ad on Craigslist.com about adoptions at a local Petsmart.

Dog chewing a toy.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Cookie (Terrier/Poodle Mix)

By Lisa Austin 21 89

My doggie is called Cookie. We think he is about 4.5 years old. The vet thinks he is a terrier/poodle mix. He is all shades of grey and sliver with some light brown when his fur is long.

Cookie on hot pink blanket.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Cooper (Terrier Mix)

By LuvMyGingerKids 46 316

Cooper is 1 year old and is a goofy terrier mix. I adopted from a local dog rescue in June 2007.

White and tan wiry terrier.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Pluto (Terrier Mix)

This is Pluto. He is a rescue dog that we brought home from a kennel on Father's day this year. The kennel told us he is about 2 years old and a terrier mix. He had been abandoned at a school near the kennel and they had him about 4 months before we got him.

Closeup of brown dog.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Abby (Scottie/Westie)

By Toni Landau N. 7 2

We got her as a puppy 8 years ago.

Abby closeup.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Mr. Spugsley (Cairn Terrier/Chihuahua Mix)

By cj 4 83

Mr. Spugsley is a 2 year old Cairn Terrier/Chihuahua mix. We brought him home on New Year's Day of 2007. I found him on craigslist.

White dog with one floppy ear.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Cooper and Audrey (Terrier Mix)

By LuvMyGingerKids 46 316

Cooper (1) and Audrey (4) are Terrier mixes (unrelated). Both Cooper and Audrey were rescued from high kill shelters.

Christmas photo.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

In Memory of Toots (Dog)

By Don M. 1

When I was a boy, many years ago, my parents went to visit relatives in Moose Jaw Saskatchewan Canada. When they came home, they brought with them a puppy as a gift to me. We named her Toots. She was a very smart little dog and learned all kinds of tricks.

In Memory of Toots (Dog)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Spike (Chihuahua/Rat Terrier?)

By Evelyn Rios 4 24

This is Spike. He is 1 1/2 years old now but 2 months in this picture. He is a Chihuahua and maybe Rat Terrier. I got him for Valentine's Day because my first Chihuahua, who is a female, fell in love with my husband and he joking said maybe I needed a male Chihuahua to love on me.

Black and tan dog in red knit hat.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Lucy (Innocent until Proven Guilty) - Bearded Collie/Terrier Mix

By Terry 5 7

Lucy was 1 1/2 years old when this picture was taken. She is a Bearded Collie/Terrier Mix. Lucy was a Rescued Dog. She became a part of our family Jan. 2004.

Lucy in kitchen

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Zeak (Beagle Terrier Mix)

Zeak is 2 years old and is a Beagle/Terrier mix. We got him when he was 6 weeks old. I was driving into Hillsboro to do some shopping and passed a sign for free puppies. My son and I decided to check it out. I told my son that we would only take one if they had a male left.

Tan and white terrier mix.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Scruffy "Crockett" - Terrier Mix

By donna napolitan 12 6

Scruffy is a 1 year old Terrier mix. We adopted her from the San Diego County Animal Shelter in June, 2005 as a pal for our other dog Barkley.

Scruffy in he Davy Crockett outfit.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Lady (Terrier/Beagle/Husky Mix)

Lady is my 11 year old Terrier, Beagle, Husky. I was working at our local library and I went out to the big book return outside and when it was opened there were 4 puppies in the box. One of them was Lady.

Lady (Terrier/Beagle/Husky Mix)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Herbie (Pharoah Hound/Terrier Mix)

By Jenn 1

Herbie (Pharoah Hound/Terrier Mix). Herbie is a little over a year old and is a mix- Pharoah hound - terrier? He's a designer dog - one of a kind.

hound mix

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Scruffy's Birthday (Terrier Mix)

By Donna Napolitan 11

Scruffy is a 2 year old terrier mix. We got her at the San Diego County Animal Shelter in June, 2005. Scruffy is very friendly and loves to socialize at the park, wrestle with our big dog Barkley, or just curl up on my lap while I watch TV.

Teen sitting with Scruffy and another dog, with Happy Birthday sign on floor.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Suzie Q (Terrier Mix)

By Josette Nehmelman 4 5

Suzie Q (Terrier Mix) Photo. Suzie Q is a 1 year old Terrier mix. I rescued Suzie from the Illinois Doberman Rescue Group, Plus.

Brown dog with pointy ears.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Audrey (Terrier Mix) In The Water

When we moved to Hawaii, Audrey came along (of course). We lived there for about 2 years. Here is her first experience with water and swimming, when we went kayaking in Kaneohe Bay on Oahu. She used her tail like an above-the-water rudder, very cute!

White and tan dog swimming.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Chica and Taco (Rat Terrier and Manchester Terrier Mix)

The first picture is of Chica sitting on top of her brother, Taco, in a cookie tin. This was taken when they were puppies. They are a mix of rat terrier and Manchester terrier.

Chica sitting on her brother.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Sable and Daddy (Rat Terrier/Chihuahua)

Here's Sable! Sable is a 4 year old Rat Terrier/Chihuahua mix. We received her from my fiance's sister after she had her first born. This is our first born and she is spoiled to death! She is a Rat Terrier/Chihuahua mix. She loves to sleep with us.

Dog on dog bed.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Taz (Terrier Mix)

Taz is a 2 year and 5 month old Terrier mix. I got Taz just before I had brain surgery. I was unable to bend over and little Taz became my best helper. Without any training, he started to pick up items that I dropped, and handed them back to me.

Black and tan terrier.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Poppy (Toy Fox Terrier/Chihuahua Mix)

By Kat-O-Lack 2 1

Poppy is a 3 year old half Toy Fox Terrier and half Chihuahua. My brother Bobby has Poppy's Mom and Dad; their names are Lilli and T-Bone. We got Poppy when he was 8 weeks old and was as small as a pack of cigarettes. Poppy loves to tease us with his ropes and bones.

Poppy on sidewalk,

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Little LuLu (Lab Mix) and Mini MiMi (Terrier Mix)

By Simply Susie 5 33

We rescued and named our two very young puppies, Little LuLu (Lab mix) and Mini MiMi (Terrier mix) within two different litters from a local animal shelter that day. They were the same small-sized balls of joy at about 7 lbs each.

Dogs in front of Christmas tree.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Millie (Chihuahua/Rat Terrier Mix)

By I.O. 2

"Millie" (short for Millionaire), is a 3 year old Chihuahua/Rat Terrier Mix. I walked into a gas station 3 years ago and there she was running circles around the store, causing complete chaos.

Millie Standing up to Look at Flowers on Glass Table

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Biscuit (Terrier Mix)

By caralea 9 5

Biscuit is our 4 year old terrier mix. My husband was in the woods on his 4 wheeler and found her as a small puppy (she still had her milk teeth) as someone had thrown her away like trash.

Black and brown dog rolling on his back.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Charlie (Pomeranian/Maltese Terrier)

By Sharon Anne Stockers 1 1

Charlie is a 10 year old Pomeranian x Maltese Terrier. We found Charlie at a pet store we were visiting. He came up to us and we never looked back - we picked him up and took him home!

Charlie in dark glasses.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Baby (Mini Golden Retriever - Cairn Terrier Mix)

By vella 2 1

Baby is 2 months and 2 days old. She is a mix, mother (mini golden retriever), father (cairn terrier). My husband and I had no idea she was pregnant by my grandmother's dog.

Black and tan puppy.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Lucy (Toy Fox Terrier/Chihuahua Mix)

By Michele Young 4 3

I got Lucy in October of 2013. My friend's sister got Lucy as a puppy. About the time that Lucy turned 3 or 3 1/2 yrs old, she was put outside permanently, she lived on a ranch up in high desert country in Northern California, because she was a "little dog" and her owner's husband said he "hated little dogs".

closeup of short hair white cat

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Molly (Rat Terrier - Chihuahua Mix)

By Sonia 6 5

Molly is 1 year and 7 months old. She is a Rat Terrier Chihuahua Mix. I got her through a friend on May 26, 2009.

Molly and her toys.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Boo (Dog)

By Vi Johnson 286 801

We got Boo on Halloween, Look at his before grooming shot. He looked a little like a dirty ghost.

Boo (Dog)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Chip (Rat Terrier/Chi Mix)

By Renee M. 5 5

Chip is a 4 year old Rat Terrier/Chi mix. We got Chip in 9/2008 from my friend at work for my son's birthday present. Chip loves to hunt for animals, go for walks, play with his brothers and sisters and loves to go for car rides, 4wheeler rides, and swimming in the pond.

Black and white terrier in flowers.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Browny (Terrier Mix)

By carlotta 2

Browny is a 1 year old terrier mix. She was a puppy from my oldest dog's litter. A few months after her mother gave birth to Browny, we gave her to a neighbor. A month later Browny's mother, who we had been with us for 10 years, passed away.

Reddish tan dog.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Benji (Terrier Mix)

By christine lauderback 6 28

Benji is a 10 1/2 year old Terrier mix. He outlived 2 previous owners and was given to me because I used to watch him when his owner went on vacation. He likes to play with toys, eat McDonald's ice cream (3 times a year).

White and grey small dog.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Buzzie (Beagle-Terrier-Boxer Mix)

By Krissie 1

Buzzie is a 3 year old Beagle, Terrier, and Boxer mix. I adopted her from a shelter about 2 years ago. Buzzie loves to find the toy with the squeaker and just make it squeak! She also has a bay window that she sits in and watches the traffic drive by.

Buzzie licking young woman.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Syrus (Min Pin Terrier Mix)

By Day 1

Syrus is a 6 year old mixed breed. To the best of my ability I believe he is Min Pin and terrier mix. I bought him at the shelter when he was a puppy. Syrus was found on the street in Chicago.

Dog in wading pool wtih tennis balls.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Lily (Silky Terrier/Chihuahua)

Lily is a 6 year old Silky Terrier/Chihuahua. I found Lily through the local paper. I was looking for a lapdog, and after having cats for so long, I knew a small dog with a personality would be the right choice.

Lily on chair.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Chalupa (Terrier-Chihuahua Mix)

By Bailey36 10 21

Chalupa is a a 7 year old cheater, a Terrier/Chihuahua mix. We got her as a tiny puppy from a relative. She likes to nap on the bed, and doesn't like getting her picture taken. She's my little Doodles, and she loves eating pupperoni's.

Chalupa under the pillow.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Diego (Terrier-Chihuahua Mix)

By leslie 2

Diego is a 3-4 month old Terrier-Chihuahua mix. We got him 3 days ago for our grand-daughter. There was an ad on-line and we called and had to travel about 1/2 hour to pick him up. Right now he is just getting used to us.

Puppy in yard.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Jeter (Boston Terrier Mix)

By Jill Harwell 3 3

Jeter is a 2 1/2 year old Maltese and Boston Terrier. I got him two years ago. He was 6 weeks old when I brought him home. I got him from one of my clients that had a litter she didn't want.

Jeter behind the wheel of a Toyota.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: What Breed is my Dog? (Terrier Mix)

By crumplehorn 1

Small black and white dog.I think she has some Staffie in her because of the brindle, but I'm not sure what the rest could be. She's lightening quick and seems to go for any squirrel or pigeon that crosses her path. She's just over a year old and I got her from a rescue home so I don't know anything about her background.

Crumplehorn from Manchester

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Patricia Blegen 13 Flag

Her body looks alot like our Jack Russell Terrier - they are really quick and ours jumps alot.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Roxy (Terrier Mix)

By Leigh S. 2 1

We adopted her from the Humane Society about 2 weeks ago.

Roxy (Terrier Mix)

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tiny and Jake (Rat Terrier Mix and Hound Mix)

By doglover0300123 2

Tiny and Jake are both one year old. Tiny is a Rat Terrier mix and Jake is a hound mix. I got my Rat terrier mix/mutt from the Humane Society in Miami Florida in 2010. My second dog I rescued from the Humane Society in Tampa Florida, recently in May 2012.

Dogs playing.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Photos Pets DogsOctober 31, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
American Staffordshire Terrier
American Staffordshire Terrier Breed Information and Photos
Welsh Terrier
Welsh Terrier Breed Information
Jack Russel Terrier Mix
Jack Russell Terrier Mix Photos
Yorkshire Terrier Breed Information and Photos
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:05:33 AM on 10.0.0.156 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestionsPhotos
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings