Browsing: Terrier Mix Photos

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Terrier Mix Photos

Small mixed breed dogs can make wonderful companions. This page contains terrier mix photos.

Terrier Mix
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

April 25, 2011 Flag

Champ is 10 months old. Based on his vet's opinion, he is part Dachshund and part Terrier. I believe he is part Hound, and part trouble-maker! After having just lost my beloved pit bull, Jada, to a reckless van driver, I went around to shelters to make donations in her memory. No way did I want another another animal because I could not bear to love a dog that much and lose it.

It was when we went to North Shore Animal League, that I saw in the distance, this tiny nothing tossing a ball in the air that was 3 times his size. I began to cry uncontrollably, and blurted out "I want him." As it was, we were one person too late (all the while I'm standing in front of his cage like a protective mother, telling those onlookers I'm adopting him). I guess my beloved Jada was looking down on me, because the first person was denied, and so began my new journey with Champ.

He's such an amazingly, happy little guy. He loves soft toys and playing with his big brother, Titan. He loves to snuggle beside you and follow you every where - even in the shower. If a door closes behind you, 10 to 1 he will be on the other side of the door sitting patiently waiting for you to let him in.

Champ loves burying himself so deep under my covers, that unless you know that's where you left him, you can't see him. I don't know how he does it. He'll come up with his tongue hanging out of his mouth, panting. Then two seconds later, back under he goes! Champ especially loves my heating blanket. More times than not, I'm left to sleep, with my you know what hanging out in the cold, while he is all snuggled up in my blanket. Closeup of Champ sitting. Champ and Titan.

By Cindi

Champ in the snow.

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 15, 2011 Flag

Zoe is a 7 month old Chihuahua/Terrier mix. We adopted little Miss Zoe from a rescue organization at the end of July. The rescue we went through rescues small dogs in the San Diego/Mexico area. Zoe was found at a pound in Mexico. We don't really know much about how she ended up at the pound though.

Zoe loves playing with her toys, running on the beach, sitting in the sun at our sliding glass door, and cuddling. She is such a sweetie-pie. We also have a sixteen year old pugapoo named Pudgy. Zoe adores her big sister :)

By Heather D. from USA

Zoe Chihuahua Terrier Mix

May 5, 2016 Flag

We moved out to the country, in the middle of Texas. Two dogs were watching my husband from the woods, dropped off strays. He called them over and they were overjoyed and hungry. The next day they came back again. I couldn't deny these 2 devoted friends a forever, safe, fun home off the streets.

Sparky (Chihuahua Terrier Mix)

July 2, 2015 Flag
closeup of short hair white cat

Your Pet's Age
5

Your Pet's Breed
Toy Fox Terrier/Chihuahua Mix

How and when did you get your pet?
I got Lucy in October of 2013. My friend's sister got Lucy as a puppy. About the time that Lucy turned 3 or 3 1/2 yrs old, she was put outside permanently, she lived on a ranch up in high desert country in Northern California, because she was a "little dog" and her owner's husband said he "hated little dogs". A few months later, he told Lucy's owner that if she didn't get rid of Lucy, he was "going to take her up the hill and put a bullet in her head". He said she was useless because she's a "little dog". I was told that he would actually kick her like a football out the front door if he found her inside the house. How could anyone treat any animal like that? When my friend told me about Lucy, I cried. He took me up to see her and I fell in love with her right away. She was so sweet and came right up to me wagging her tail. She had been injured in a fight with another dog on the ranch (the red mark in the corner of her eye) and she had to compete for food with the dog that attacked her and 6 or 7, 12 week old puppies. She was so "beaten down" emotionally and physically that she didn't have any confidence at all. But, she was still happy to see anyone who visited the ranch. I decided that I was not going to allow this poor sweet little girl to go thru that anymore. I took her home and brought her into my room. She and Karma (my seal point Siamese) met for the first time. They touched noses and then Karma rubbed up against her as if to give her approval! I called Lucy over and let her jump up on the bed, she looked confused at first. Once she realized that I was inviting her to sleep in the bed with me and Karma, she jumped up and immediately laid flat on her tummy, all 4 legs out! (lol) She let out a big sigh and melted into the bed! She's been a cuddle bug with us ever since. She's been very slow to come out of her shell, but just recently she's actually joined in the play time activities with Lil Bit. She's still not sure quite how to play, but we are working on it.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Lucy loves to go for walks and rides in the car. But her absolute favorite thing to do, is lay next to a warm lap (my boyfriend's must be the best because that's where you can find her 24/7!) or curled up under the blankets next to her daddy at night.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
Lucy was physically, emotionally, and verbally abused for God know's how long, but despite all of that torture, she is so loving and mellow. She's very sweet and has become Daddy's girl despite the hell that other man put her through! A true testament to a dog's heart and ability to love.

Lucy (Toy Fox Terrier/Chihuahua Mix)Lucy (Toy Fox Terrier/Chihuahua Mix)

April 21, 2016 Flag

We adopted him in March 2015 from The County Animal Rescue League. He has lots of high energy! He digs holes in the yard, un-stuffs comforters, chews up toys, and barks when the phone rings.

tan and white terrier

May 19, 2010 Flag

Taz is a 2 year and 5 month old Terrier mix. I got Taz just before I had brain surgery. I was unable to bend over and little Taz became my best helper. Without any training, he started to pick up items that I dropped, and handed them back to me.

Black and tan terrier.

March 5, 2012 Flag

Chance is 2 years old and a terrier/Maltese mix. Chance and I crossed paths after some jerk abandoned him at a vineyard a couple of miles from the nearest home or structure on a hillside.

Chance (Terrier/Maltese Mix)

May 31, 2009 Flag

Sonny is 7 year old Dachshund/Terrier Mix. We got him from SSDA, a Dachshund rescue group five years ago. Sonny likes to run around in the yard, sleep in the sun.

Brown Dachshund mix sitting on the carpet.

November 12, 2009 Flag

Squeeky is approximately 18 months old. He is Schnauzer/Terrier mix. We adopted Squeeky from Miss Linda's Dogs for Adoption at the end of August. Someone had left him on the steps of a rescue foster home.

Black dog.

October 24, 2009 Flag

Maxx is a 4 year old Yorkie/Terrier mix. Maxx was a rescue dog and we got him right before Christmas last year.

Closeup of Maxx.

December 4, 2009 Flag

Baylei is a 14 week old dog. I'm not really sure, but I think she is a mini Lab and Jack Russel terrier. I got her on September 12, 2009. Baylei likes to play with the cats and play with us, she is so cute.

Black and white dog lying on back.

September 27, 2011 Flag

"Millie" (short for Millionaire), is a 3 year old Chihuahua/Rat Terrier Mix. I walked into a gas station 3 years ago and there she was running circles around the store, causing complete chaos.

Millie Standing up to Look at Flowers on Glass Table

May 23, 2009 Flag

This is Daisy Mable. She is a cairn terrier mix. I inherited her from a co-worker 8 years ago. She is the first small breed dog that I have owned, but they say "great things come in small packages".

Daisy at Mardi Gras.

January 21, 2013 Flag

We got her as a puppy 8 years ago.

Abby closeup.

May 10, 2010 Flag

Baby is 2 months and 2 days old. She is a mix, mother (mini golden retriever), father (cairn terrier). My husband and I had no idea she was pregnant by my grandmother's dog.

Black and tan puppy.

December 21, 2010 Flag

We rescued and named our two very young puppies, Little LuLu (Lab mix) and Mini MiMi (Terrier mix) within two different litters from a local animal shelter that day. They were the same small-sized balls of joy at about 7 lbs each.

Dogs in front of Christmas tree.

November 16, 2010 Flag

Molly is 1 year and 7 months old. She is a Rat Terrier Chihuahua Mix. I got her through a friend on May 26, 2009.

Molly and her toys.

January 8, 2014 Flag

We got Boo on Halloween, Look at his before grooming shot. He looked a little like a dirty ghost.

Boo (Dog)

June 24, 2010 Flag

Poppy is a 3 year old half Toy Fox Terrier and half Chihuahua. My brother Bobby has Poppy's Mom and Dad; their names are Lilli and T-Bone. We got Poppy when he was 8 weeks old and was as small as a pack of cigarettes. Poppy loves to tease us with his ropes and bones.

Poppy on sidewalk,

May 23, 2011 Flag

Biscuit is our 4 year old terrier mix. My husband was in the woods on his 4 wheeler and found her as a small puppy (she still had her milk teeth) as someone had thrown her away like trash.

Black and brown dog rolling on his back.

September 3, 2010 Flag

Charlie is a 10 year old Pomeranian x Maltese Terrier. We found Charlie at a pet store we were visiting. He came up to us and we never looked back - we picked him up and took him home!

Charlie in dark glasses.

June 11, 2012 Flag

Chip is a 4 year old Rat Terrier/Chi mix. We got Chip in 9/2008 from my friend at work for my son's birthday present. Chip loves to hunt for animals, go for walks, play with his brothers and sisters and loves to go for car rides, 4wheeler rides, and swimming in the pond.

Black and white terrier in flowers.

Load More
Photos Pets DogsOctober 31, 2013
American Staffordshire Terrier
American Staffordshire Terrier Breed Information and Photos
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Welsh Terrier
Welsh Terrier Breed Information
Yorkshire Terrier Breed Information and Photos
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 20, 2016 at 11:12:59 PM on 10.0.2.26 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.