Thrifty Clean Toilet with Bleach and Mouthwash

If you want to clean your toilet and not spend a lot of money buying extra chemicals, consider cleaning your toilet with a little bleach and mouthwash. I pour in a little bleach, and then swish it around with the brush. Then I add a capful of mouthwash from the dollar store to add a fresh scent. I let it sit for about 15 minutes and then flush. The dollar store mouthwash is cheap and makes the bowl smell so nice.

By Erica from Meadville, PA

Answers:

We just recently replaced both our toilets. The information we got with the most recent one said to clean it with liquid dish detergent. I was pleased to read that since a couple of years ago started doing that to keep down odors in my house. DH had just had abdominal surgery and I didn't want to make him cough. When I started using it I had two toilets at least 30 years old and they came out looking like fine china. I love it for my new potties as well. Liquid store brand dish soap. (12/10/2008)

Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
🎄