Tips for Gaining Weight

I have a male friend who is really thin and finds it hard to gain weight. Can anyone suggest what he can eat or do to help his weight gain? He has gained a little weight before, but not much. He then got sick with a cold that lasted for awhile so he lost a lot of weight again. Thanks for your help he is really wanting to add extra pounds.

By WickedDiam0nd

Answers:

Tips for Gaining Weight

I would suggest a good physical first to see if there is a problem with holding his weight on. I've never known anybody to lose weight with just a cold. Muscle building should add some bulk and weight. Again, a doctor should advise him.

When my grandmother was a young lady she had a similar problem and her doctor put on on 3 milkshakes a day, but that was in 1919. There should be supplements now that would work better. Suggest a doctor visit to him. (05/28/2009)

By Glenn'sMom

Tips for Gaining Weight

nutrition.about.com. A lot of info there. Good luck. (05/28/2009)

By kffrmw88

Tips for Gaining Weight

I grew up being extremely thin, so I have a lot of experience in this area. Unfortunately once I hit 30, my metabolism hit rock bottom and now it's the opposite. Anyway, when I was real skinny like that the doctors told me to drink 1-2 Slim Fast drinks with my meals, twice a day. It did work and brought my weight up to where it should have been at that time. (05/28/2009)

By Cricketnc

Tips for Gaining Weight

Like many here, I've never had trouble putting on weight. But back in the 1970s when my brother needed to gain, his doc put him on milk shakes and malts. Nowadays, of course, there are protein shakes and fruit smoothies, as well as products like Ensure. I hear the flavor of the Ensure products is even improving to nearly palatable levels. However, also like others here, I find weight loss with a simple cold odd. Might be more than a weight problem? I'm not a big advocate of heading to the doc without good cause, but this just might qualify. (06/02/2009)

By JustPlainJo

Tips for Gaining Weight

There's a very good chance that anyone very thin may have parasites, needing a Parasiticide from the Health Food Store. This includes worms of every sort, including tapeworm, and worms from raw or undercooked fresh fish. Without a good cleanse and parasiticide one can eat all day and never gain weight.

The most fattening things are:

• Breads
  • Milk and byproducts (ice creams, cheeses, whipped cream, butter, etc.)
  • Fried snacks, particularly Frito-Lay crackers
  • Granola and rich Trail mixes
  • eating a fewer times of day, but larger portions
  • resolving issues that are disturbing you
  • eating 1 hour before retiring for the evening
  • meat/potato meals with gravy and biscuits

Make very certain you take daily multi-vitamins/minerals, two for adults under 200 lbs., extra-vitamin C, 250 mg. to metabolize the vitamins and food nutrients; vitamin D, Folic acid, calcium, vitamin E and Flax seed oil.

If after being tested for diabetes, major depression, and those diseases that cause severe weight loss,
there is no diagnosis, I'd try all of the above, eating all sorts of sandwiches, chips, crackers, and meats
as well. It seems like there's something beside
hereditary going on. Good luck and God help you. (06/02/2009)

By lyndagayle62

large shrimp meal
Tips for Gaining Weight
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
A woman on a scale.
Recipes to Help Gain Weight
Yogurt Bread Dough
Weight Watchers Yogurt Bread Dough
Weighing in on Scale
Using Weight Watchers
🎄