Suggestions for Gaining Weight After Childbirth?

My daughter had a baby 5 months ago and isn't gaining weight. Yeah I know, most women wish they had this problem. She's been breastfeeding and is just too skinny. She's hungry all the time and her milk supply is low. Any suggestions?

If your daughter has not consulted her doctor regarding her weight problem, please encourage her to do so. There are very effective medically supervised weight management programs that can help.

Are you sure your daughter is telling you the whole story? Is she eating all the time and just not gaining, or does she complain of hunger but doesn't eat?

If she's really eating but not gaining I'd say it was a physical problem- unless she has bulimia. That would be more of a mental health problem.

About the weight thing, though- you say it's five months after the birth, so I can't tell if you're trying to say that she didn't gain enough weight during the pregnancy. That also seems to point to an eating disorder. There's also the fact that women don't need to be a particular weight to produce breast milk, as long as she is taking in enough nutrition and calories.

Drinking meal replacement shakes like Ensure, for instance, as well as eating ought to solve the problem. If simple fixes like this aren't working, something more serious is probably happening.

I think you need to ask your daughter point blank if she is deliberately trying to stay skinny. I may be on the wrong track, but for the sake of the baby's health and her own, it's worth finding out for sure. Either way, a visit to a doctor is definitely in order.

Yes I'm sure she is eating all the time because we eat together almost every night. She's always hungry and eating.
She also doesn't get much breast milk for the baby. So I'm thinking she needs more fatty foods.

We have been given false information for years from the medical world that gives the physicians only half an hour of nutrition and it is false information.

We need fat in our diets! Fat feeds our brains and her baby is probably wiping out her fat so it can grow properly. Fat soluable vitamins like D, K, E, A are in fat! Chicken skin, olive oil, avocados, etc. are so good for us. We need fat to make our hormones, too.

Thank you, I so agree about physicians and false information. I'll give her your advice.

Health & Beauty NutritionJune 16, 2016
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Suggestions-for-Gaining-Weight-After-Childbirth.html