Tips for Gaining Weight?

I am very slim; I want to gain weight. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Atisha

Age is the most likely cure; my husband and children were all slender until about 40, now they are less slender, but not fat. Are there any digestion problems?

The one thing I have noticed universally is how buffed and filled out people look after military boot camp. That is accomplished by very hard physical training. At home I would recommend short repetitions with fairly heavy weights (not many repetitions with light weights), and large, varied, hearty meals. I once did something similar at 23 and not only did I become very shapely in about 6 weeks (my breasts stopped sagging and went back to their youthful form for years afterward), but I lost 10 pounds, eating like a horse.

I think what happens is weight normalizes when the body is stressed but fed very well; if you need to gain weight you will, if you need to lose weight you will.

So I recommend walking 1-2 miles per day, in a reasonably energetic way, working out with fairly heavy weights of any kind (cans of food will work just fine, or gallons of water with lids on) and lots of good plain food. By weight training I mean 10-20 of whatever you do, not more. And you don't have to do weight training every day, or if you do, do your top body one day, bottom the next.

I forgot to say what I mean by good plain food; I do not mean potato chips, candy, junk food stuff. For some reason I think that will make people obese but not a healthy weight.

I mean meat, starch, veggies or casserole, or whatever you like by way of main meal; it can be casserole, a real burrito, stew, soup and bread, just ordinary food. If you want something sweet, make it homemade cookies or cake without all the chemical stuff in manufactured snacks. Breakfast can be french toast, toast and eggs, hot cereal, whatever is customary in your area, but sweet cereals are like junk food; better to eat oatmeal and put sugar on it.

It helps if you know how to cook from scratch. I know a lot of people don't. But there is food out there close to homemade, and that will do.

Eating before bedtime is a way to gain some weight.

It has been a while but I think a friend of mine was drinking protein drinks to put on healthy weight. Go to a health food store and ask or just look around.

My friend was a body builder (this was oh, 20 years ago) but maybe you can find some guys (body builders) in your area and get some advise.

I have a 23 year old grandson who is 6'8" and has about a 34 inch waist, and I don't think there is a real solution other than let mother nature take its course. My grandson eats like a horse, 24/7, and he is just really hard to find proper fitting, affordable clothes for.

I only know one person who has ever had this problem; but I do know how it was solved. Please remember this may not be for you but it did work for her.

The doctor she went to told her to drink a half can of beer before she ate dinner each evening. It worked for her so good luck.

What is your weight, height, what size are your bones and how old are you?

Most of my adult life I was slender until I became disabled last year. Weighed 98 to 100, 5'5" but have really small bones. Even during the years I lifted weights and weighed 118 (because of the 90% muscle mass) I still appeared too skinny but was totally and completely healthy!

Please just be happy with 'you' and be thankful that you have a metabolism where you don't have to struggle with losing weight as so many, many people do :-( As long as you're living a healthy lifestyle just leave it be.

Health & Beauty AdviceMarch 14, 2010
🎄
😷
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf59240759.tip.html