Toilet Backs Up Into Shower

Category Plumbing
Toilet Plunger
If your toilet is backing up into your shower, then you may need to contact a plumber to troubleshoot the issue. This is a guide about toilet backs up into shower.

My toilet backs up into the shower. I snaked both the shower and toilet, no help. I put drain cleaner now both, no help. I never use that part of house. The rest of the plumbing in my house is fine. It probably clogged right after the two join down into main line. The clean out is in front of the house by the kitchen. There is no problem there. Any help would be appreciated. Today the sink in that bathroom has water in the pipe. How can I get this clog out? If you snake a shower does it go down the main line?

By Kathryn

Best Answer

Something is wrong, because your toilet and shower are two separate discharge lines.

Sewage (by law) has its own sewage line to the street. It is made differently than pipes that send washer, shower, sink water to the final spot where they join to send out, which should be outside the house, if done properly.

We recently had our 100 yr old house pipes smile for the camera as the did the system to see for potential issues. clean as a whistle and healthy pipes at that. Our sewer had frozen in 60 degree 3 day cold snap, but knowing via the camera it was not structural, was great. Cost us $200 to find it out. Insurance was pending on paying of what was found. If it had been bad pipes, they would not have covered as much. Many had issues similar, pent 3 days in a hotel till things got on a start back to normal.