Share & Vote
Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Substitutes for Tomatoes in Recipes

0 0EmailFollow
Fettucine Alfredo

Whatever the reason you don't wish to include tomatoes in a recipe, there are ingredients that often be substituted and still result in a delicious dish. This is a guide about substitutes for tomatoes in recipes.

Here are questions related to Substitutes for Tomatoes in Recipes.

Question: Substitutions for Canned Tomatoes

What can I use to substitute canned tomatoes when making things like beef stew, gumbo, or spaghetti? My kids do not like tomatoes and I was wondering can I just substitute with canned tomato sauce?

Onesummer

Most Recent Answer

By Karen Peiffer09/17/2009

I have been able to find tomatoes in jars lately. Look in the health food type stores. You should be able to find them. They taste better and you don't have to worry about BPA in the can lining. (Bisphenol A) BPA can cause cancer.

Question: Seedless Substitute for Tomatoes in Recipes

My mom has a condition that doesn't allow her to eat anything that is a nut or has a seed. She loves tomatoes. I want to make dishes that she can eat. Can I use something like a tomato sauce instead safely for her? And may I please have other recommendations from readers?

By Amy S

Most Recent Answer

By tangelama03/23/2015

I've been a follower of the Pain free Foods Program for several years now and it's is hands down the most effective diverticulitis diet out there. Something to follow for a lot of digestive disorders, not just diverticulitis. https://diverticulitispainfreefoods.com/

Question: Substitute for Tomatoes

What can I substitute for tomatoes? I would be using it for an Indian recipe. I use tomatoes in almost every gravy or curry I make, such as Dal, etc.

By Pushpa

Most Recent Answer

09/02/2010

Roasted red bell peppers or zucchini would be my choices.

Question: Tomato Substitute for Cassolet Recipe

I want to make cassoulet and I have a terrific recipe, but it calls for 1 cup whole peeled canned tomatoes, to which I am allergic. What can I use as a substitute?

By Joan K

Solutions: Substitutes for Tomatoes in Recipes

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!