Tool Tips and Tricks
This guide contains tool tips and tricks
. Keeping your tools and supplies where they are easy to find and use, can save time when completing your projects.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Whenever you're using a metal rule and need to mark a measurement on it for transfer, you'll find that a small magnet "clamped" to the ruler will hold your place easier and neater than any other kind of marker.
By fossil1955 from Cortez, CO
March 29, 20010 found this helpful
Put a mothball in your tool box to help prevent rust.
- Organize your tools in your toolbox so that the tools you use the most are on top.
- Keep a small flashlight in your toolbox in case there is a power outage. Keep the batteries separate so it doesn't turn on when it shifts around.
- Put a piece of cardboard in the bottom of your toolbox to soak up oil and moisture.
- Keep a container in your toolbox for loose nails and screws to prevent them from getting buried under your tools.
- Add a little baking soda to screws or nails that are stored in coffee cans to prevent them from rusting.
- Keep a few pieces of chalk in your toolbox. They might come in handy and they will help absorb moisture.
October 26, 20160 found this helpful
This is a guide about adding a magnet to your hammer. Keeping your nails handy when you are hammering can be a challenge.