Transplanting a Rose of Sharon

Determining the best location, time of year, and care to successfully transplant your tree is essential. This guide is about transplanting a rose of sharon.

Rose of Sharon
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Rose of SharonWe always had bad luck replanting others free give-a-ways to us. My daughter gave us this Rose of Sharon tree and we talked and watered daily and guess what? Success and a beautiful plant from her yard to mine. Now, when I go and see my little flower garden, I see the tree of love and success again? Don't give up...

By Chris from Buffalo, NY

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

When is the best time to dig up and replant a Rose of Sharon tree? Thank you.

By Bbgone from Chicago, IL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have tons of rose of Sharon bushes and you can replant them at any time,spring or summer. One word of advise, they do re seed themselves everywhere. It has become a major task to pull up the baby ones before they take root, and they do root quickly. I have planted pinks, purples and whites all together and when they bloom they are beautiful. I have started to cut the tops off so they do more of a bushing out than a tree. I have an entire border that's about six feet tall as a "fence" in my backyard. Good luck with them.

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Gardening TransplantingMay 27, 2012
Red Climbing Roses
Transplanting a Climbing Rose Plant
Rose of Sharon
Rose of Sharon Not Blooming
Rose of Sharon
Growing Rose of Sharon
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 4, 2016 at 8:43:33 PM on 10.0.2.63 in 620 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.