Transplanting a Rose of Sharon

Determining the best location, time of year, and care to successfully transplant your tree is essential. This guide is about transplanting a rose of sharon.

August 29, 2007 Flag

We always had bad luck replanting others free give-a-ways to us. My daughter gave us this Rose of Sharon tree and we talked and watered daily and guess what? Success and a beautiful plant from her yard to mine. Now, when I go and see my little flower garden, I see the tree of love and success again? Don't give up...

By Chris from Buffalo, NY

heavenly color, obviously it's happy with you!

We had 2 beautiful shrubs that were removed for foundation repair and then planted too close to the wall. Make sure yours has breathing room!

So far, it looks lovely and happy!

I moved to Florida, I really miss the beautiful rose of sharon bushes that we had when we lived in Kentucky. Enjoy!

It is awesome! The color is beautiful!

Your care really shows! Let Login talk to it too!

August 11, 2009 Flag

When is the best time to dig up and replant a Rose of Sharon tree? Thank you.

By Bbgone from Chicago, IL

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can transplant them in early spring or fall.

I have tons of rose of Sharon bushes and you can replant them at any time,spring or summer. One word of advise, they do re seed themselves everywhere. It has become a major task to pull up the baby ones before they take root, and they do root quickly. I have planted pinks, purples and whites all together and when they bloom they are beautiful. I have started to cut the tops off so they do more of a bushing out than a tree. I have an entire border that's about six feet tall as a "fence" in my backyard. Good luck with them.

Home and Garden Gardening TransplantingMay 27, 2012
Red Climbing Roses
Transplanting a Climbing Rose Plant
Rose of Sharon
Rose of Sharon Not Blooming
Rose of Sharon
Growing Rose of Sharon
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
🎄