Transplanting a Rose of Sharon

Determining the best location, time of year, and care to successfully transplant your tree is essential. This guide is about transplanting a rose of sharon.

August 29, 2007 Flag

We always had bad luck replanting others free give-a-ways to us. My daughter gave us this Rose of Sharon tree and we talked and watered daily and guess what? Success and a beautiful plant from her yard to mine. Now, when I go and see my little flower garden, I see the tree of love and success again? Don't give up...

By Chris from Buffalo, NY

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 4 Comments

August 11, 2009 Flag

When is the best time to dig up and replant a Rose of Sharon tree? Thank you.

By Bbgone from Chicago, IL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can transplant them in early spring or fall.

I have tons of rose of Sharon bushes and you can replant them at any time,spring or summer. One word of advise, they do re seed themselves everywhere. It has become a major task to pull up the baby ones before they take root, and they do root quickly. I have planted pinks, purples and whites all together and when they bloom they are beautiful. I have started to cut the tops off so they do more of a bushing out than a tree. I have an entire border that's about six feet tall as a "fence" in my backyard. Good luck with them.

Home and Garden Gardening TransplantingMay 27, 2012
Red Climbing Roses
Transplanting a Climbing Rose Plant
Rose of Sharon
Rose of Sharon Not Blooming
Rose of Sharon
Growing Rose of Sharon
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 4:19:41 PM on 10.0.2.188 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.