Treating Dogs With Seasonal Allergies

My dogs have allergies about this time of the year. What do I do?

By Chris R

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

You might find this link helpful, I found it a great source of information.

http://www.grea  _mini_course.htm

Blessings,

Robyn

Years ago I had a dog who had severe grass allergies, and would scratch her belly constantly until the hair was gone and the skin was raw. I couldn't let her stay outside except to go potty, for fear she would lie down in the grass and/or roll and start itching everywhere that had com into contact with the grass. I then started adding local honey (from an nearby orchard) mixed with a bit of apple cider vinegar to her dry food (the honey was too thick by itself, and the ACV has some benefits of its own). I started that in March and continued until around September. After that she had no problems. I initially tried it 'cause I figured if it didn't help, it would hurt her (hated to always give prednisone for the itching). Might be worth a try.

I give my dogs childrens benadryl (liquid). just call and ask your veterinarian the amount for your dog size. It was my vet that gave me the ok to give to my dogs. My dogs take it almost daily during seasonal allergy times. I just mix it in their wet food at dinner time. They do have a version at walmarts that is in pill form. You just cut it according to your dog weight. You can put it in a piece of cheese or meat.

Dog With Allergies
Treating Dogs With Seasonal Allergies
Pets Dogs HealthJune 18, 2011
Dog standing by food dish.
Does My Dog Have Food Allergies?
Dog With Food Allergies
Feeding a Dog With Food Allergies
Woman With Allergies
Traveling with Allergies
Treating the Soil After Tomato Blight
Treating Soil After Tomato Blight
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 1:22:00 PM on 10.0.0.96 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.