Triple "A" Surgery (abdominal aortic aneurysm)

I recently had a Triple"A", (abdominal aortic aneurysm) surgery. The surgery was located in the abdominal section of the aorta, and the main blood vessel that carries blood away from the heart.

I am looking for info on and about recovery, and wellness after surgery. Pain management, time frames, nerve damage, etc. Experiences of others. Discussions, etc.

Jerry, VA

Answers:

I had this surgery three years ago. It took me about six weeks to recover. I had problems sleeping at first because of the location of the incision, but I was never in a great deal of pain. There was some nerve damage along the incision. (09/13/2005)

By Larry

Learn how to meditate and then to relax the muscles. It helped me a great deal (3 surgeries). Doesn't solve all your problems, but it can't hurt to try.
I still have bad days and worse days, and I find that the weather makes it worse. Just thought I'd warn you. You're not backsliding, it's the weather.
A "high pressure zone" causes pressure on your body. (09/14/2005)

By cookwie

Time frames vary. Many find that it takes three months to really get your energy back, and a year before you get your "body" back.

Of course, cutting through the abdominal wall means nerves are cut, so you will have skin numbness there, and occasionally nerve tingling. Your surgical healing means scar tissue inside and out, which you notice when your car hits a bump or you cough. This just goes away over the years.

You paid your surgeon to do your worrying for you. So if you have any questions, get your money's worth and ask the surgeon. (09/15/2005)

By the Oracle

Smiling man in hospital bed surrounded by 3 doctors
Triple "A" Surgery (Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm) Advice
Someone with a bellyache holding onto the stomach.
Homemade Laxatives
Dog After Surgery
Feeding a Dog After Surgery
Comcast Xfinity Truck
Comcast Xfinity Triple Play Reviews
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
🎄