Triple "A" Surgery (Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm) Advice

This is a guide about triple "A" surgery (abdominal aortic aneurysm) Advice. After surgery the best information and directions will come from your health care provider.

I had aorta surgery last March. I spent 15 days in Baptist Hospital. I came out with bowel and kidney trouble. I also lost the lower half of my right lung and had a huge hernia just below the breast bone.

Now I have another aneurysm just below the one that was fixed. Has anyone else had these kinds of problems after their surgery?

By JOHN from Knoxville, AR

Best Answer

Personally, I think you need to be asking the surgeons and a few doctors why you came out with bowel and kidney problems! And what's up with losing part of a lung, is that because of the hernia near the breast bone? I am confused why part of your lung is gone :-(

I recently had a Triple"A", (abdominal aortic aneurysm) surgery. The surgery was located in the abdominal section of the aorta, and the main blood vessel that carries blood away from the heart.

I am looking for info on and about recovery, and wellness after surgery. Pain management, time frames, nerve damage, etc. Experiences of others. Discussions, etc.

Jerry, VA

Triple "A" Surgery (abdominal aortic aneurysm)

I had this surgery three years ago. It took me about six weeks to recover. I had problems sleeping at first because of the location of the incision, but I was never in a great deal of pain. There was some nerve damage along the incision. (09/13/2005)

By Larry

Learn how to meditate and then to relax the muscles. It helped me a great deal (3 surgeries). Doesn't solve all your problems, but it can't hurt to try.
I still have bad days and worse days, and I find that the weather makes it worse. Just thought I'd warn you. You're not backsliding, it's the weather.

A "high pressure zone" causes pressure on your body. (09/14/2005)

By Holly

Time frames vary. Many find that it takes three months to really get your energy back, and a year before you get your "body" back.

Of course, cutting through the abdominal wall means nerves are cut, so you will have skin numbness there, and occasionally nerve tingling. Your surgical healing means scar tissue inside and out, which you notice when your car hits a bump or you cough. This just goes away over the years.

You paid your surgeon to do your worrying for you. So if you have any questions, get your money's worth and ask the surgeon. (09/15/2005)

By Carrie