Triple Tree Wood Decor Using a Scroll Saw
These are scroll sawed trees with real bark.
Approximate Time: 4 - 5 hours
- 8 ft. by 1/2 in. board
- scroll saw
- acrylic light green paint
- dark green spray paint
- 1 dowel 1/4 inch
- real tree bark
- wood glue
- tree branch 3 -4 inch diameter by 4 inch high
- sand paper
- drill bit size of dowel and drill
- Cut tree shapes to your height and own pattern.
- Sand the rough edges.
- Drill a hole for the dowel in both the tree shape and the log.
- Put glue in holes and add dowel.
- Paint the light color on each tree.
- Stand up the trees and spray paint (outside) the edges and outer part of tree leaving the lighter color inside.
- Find bark from an old branch or purchase from a craft store. Glue on bark. The bark is glued around a cylinder of wood (branch).
- Stand and enjoy.
By Louella from Billings, MT
Read feedback for this post below.
Click here to post feedback.
Love it! Can't wait to give this project a try. I can see these being used almost anywhere....covered porch, empty corner, etc. Great idea.
Add your voice to the conversation.