Trouble Crocheting Nylon Netting Scrubbies

I can not crochet nylon netting scrubbies with out my hook catching on the holes of the netting. (Mary of your guest post dated 2/11/2008 had same problem). How was this solved?

Maybe you could thread the lengths of netting through a small bias tape maker/folder. It's used in making bias tape or braided rugs. It folds the 2 edges to the center. You'd probably want the smallest size, and would crochet it as it comes out. (04/30/2008)

By Jantoo

Use a larger hook, one that can't fit into the holes of the netting. (05/01/2008)

By susanmajp

I make scrubbies but never crocheting them. I take a length of 3 feet long by 4" wide and fold like a fan and sew through all in the middle with cotton thread, then pull the material out like you would do a fan on both ends. Hope this helps. (05/01/2008)

By cece

Hi Jane,
I make a lot of scrubbies and I use a large hook. I use a size L in crystalite hook. They are so smooth and work so fast. I recommend them for all kinds of crocheting, good luck. Scrubbies are so nice to use on dishes and an extra tip, I make big ones for the men to wash their cars with. They do not scratch and take all the bugs right off. Barb from Michigan (05/01/2008)

By dameemag

Making Crochet Nylon Net Scrubbies, Crochet nylon net scrubber.
Making Crochet Nylon Net Scrubbies
Nylon Netting for Crafts
Buying Nylon Netting for Crafts
Bird Netting
Inexpensive Bird Netting
Crocheting a Stocking
Crocheting a Stocking