Trouble House Training My Chihuahua

Trouble House Training My Chihuahua
I have a year and a half old teacup Chihuahua/Min Pin mix. I got her when she was about 5 months old and was a kennel dog. I've tried outside pottying, litter pottying, and puppy pads.

Outside, she wants to do nothing, but eat rocks, mulch, bugs, everything, but use the bathroom. She wanted to eat the litter, but was scared to walk in the box. And the puppy pads are hit or miss. Sometimes she uses them and others she just wants to tear them up.

I'm at the point I just want to get rid of her, but then I think is there any hope for her. She doesn't even sniff when she does have to go she just drops where ever she is. She is ruining my brand new house! Any suggestions? Oh yes, we are not home, but about 4 hours a day.

By clh06

Answers:

Trouble House Training My Chihuahua

Please don't take offense at what I am going to write here, but the fact is that since you only have four hours a day to spend with that little precious one, who is completely alone otherwise, says to me to say to you, "Please, find a suitable home for her with people who have the time, love and patience for her!"

She is a living, breathing being that needs companionship, just like you and I need, and even more so because she is at the mercy of you as her parent.
The fact that you wrote that you just want to get rid of her means she needs a loving home that is able to give her more care and attention than you are able to give! (06/01/2010)

By Deeli

Trouble House Training My Chihuahua

Please find her a more suitable home. It is apparent that you aren't willing to provide a good home for this little fur baby. She deserves to be with a family that will spend time with her. Please just don't "get rid of her". (06/01/2010)

By K9cats

Trouble House Training My Chihuahua

I agree with Deeli. A dog has to go out every few hours to train and you can't do that. Besides he needs company during the day to know he is loved and cared for. Please try to find him a good home (which you won't have any trouble doing). I'm sure you have good intentions, but he needs attention. (06/02/2010)

By carol101

Trouble House Training My Chihuahua
Boxer puppy chewing on a plastic bone.
Training a Boxer Puppy
pug in a crate
Crate Training a Dog
Pug looking guilty.
Training a Dog to Poop on a Training Pad
agility training for your dog
Agility Training for Your Dog
🎄