Unclogging a Toilet

How do I unclog a toilet?

Nancy from St. Albans, West Virginia

Answers:

Unclogging a Toilet

I actually tried the boiling water and soap thing and had no luck. Right after I plunged several times and nothing. Then I came accross a site where someone suggested putting a plastic bag on a mop and using it as you would a plunger. I tried flushing again, and while the bowl was sitting full, I forcefully pushed the mop head into and out of the hole. It worked great! I pushed it 3 times, and heard the gurgling sound and the water went on down perfectly. (01/19/2009)

By Stephanie

Unclogging a Toilet

You can knock me over with a feather! It worked perfectly. One eight of a cup of dish washing liquid and two medium sized pots of boiling water - clog vanished! Thanks. (01/25/2009)

By Mike U.

Unclogging a Toilet

My grandson put a new bar of Ivory soap in my toilet. I remember Ivory soap as a kid and it expands when you leave it in water. Anyway, it clogged my toilet. I tried everything and then thought about using oxy clean. Would you believe it worked? I put 2 scoops in, let it sit for a bit, poured 3 buckets of hot water in the toilet and the soap is gone. (01/26/2009)

By Mary

Unclogging a Toilet

BE ADVISED!
I tried this method of using dish soap and hot water to unclog a toilet and the hot water melted my wax ring around the bottom of the toilet. Water poured into my basement and ruined my drop ceiling. WARNING: The hot water can melt your wax ring. Be careful! (01/30/2009)

By MFP

Unclogging a Toilet

This worked wonderfully. I decided to try it in steps, because I was curious about which part or combination actually would do the trick. I poured maybe 1/2 cup of dish washing liquid in and walked away. When I came back 10 minutes later, I flushed once, and voila, it was all gone! The toilet has been clogging repeatedly in the last week, and each time I've worked on it intensely to free it up. This was the worse clog yet, and the easiest one to clear up - no hot water, nor even any plunging! Thanks! (02/17/2009)

By Dana

Unclogging a Toilet

I tried to flush a piece of feta cheese and it got stuck. I tried to use a wire hanger to break it up, but couldn't reach it. I gave three good squeezes of a biodegradable dish detergent and boiled a pot of water and poured it in. Two plunges and voila! Gone! I had been plunging for 30 minutes before I read this tip. Amazing! (02/22/2009)

By Olivia from BC

Unclogging a Toilet
Unclogging a Toilet
clogged toilet
Unclogging a Drain or Toilet Attached to a Septic System
Toddler looking in open toilet
Plastic Ball Stuck in Toilet
Snaking a toilet
Products for Unclogging a Toilet
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
🎉
🎄