Browsing: Unique 50th Birthday Party Ideas

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Unique 50th Birthday Party Ideas

Planning one of the milestone birthday parties doesn't have to be stressful. This is a guide about unique 50th birthday party ideas.

Unique 50th Birthday Party Ideas

Related Product:

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

September 17, 2013 Flag

My husband is turning 50 and I want to throw him a surprise party, but he hates being reminded he is turning another year older. I am trying to think of a creative theme that does not involve a number associated with the celebration. I would love to hear your ideas.

By JLKK

Best Answer

Why not a celebration of life. Find a way to represent all his accomplishments and all the things he loves. Don't forget to remind him of all the things you love about him, too. You could have a journal for his friends and family to write down a special memory of time with him. I'm sure you can come up with more ideas if you have a direction to go. Good Luck.

Jen in PA

Best Answer

Just like what I did with my husband's 50th birthday instead of using numbers. I made a big poster or tarpauline greetings which says ... "Hubby turns Gold!" and included with it, I have chosen a best picture of him.

Decade of choice. That is going to be my theme in August. Have guest come dressed as their favorite decade

February 15, 2008 Flag

When I turned the big 5-0, my sister did something for my birthday that was very exciting. For this occasion, I received a large box in the mail. When I opened the box, I found not one or two large gifts, but rather 50, yes 50, much smaller, wrapped gifts. I was surprised to say the least. The gifts were not expensive by any means, but it was so much fun to open all the little ones. She made me feel very special. I thought this would be a great idea to pass on.

By Marie from West Dundee

May 17, 2016 Flag

My 5 year wedding birthday is also the day of my 50th birthday. I want to celebrate them together. I want to rent a banquet hall or pavilion for the celebration. I'm at a loss as to what I should call it. I am a 3 year cancer survivor and want to share this occasion with family members and close friends about 60 people. I would like to have a elegant setting with a color theme of gold for 5o years old, sapphire which is my birthstone and is also the color that marks the 5 year anniversary. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I should call the event? Thank you.

How about "Fifty is Nifty" party!!

Sounds good. Thanks.

Thanks for your suggestions, sounds good.

March 18, 2016 Flag

I need creative, thrifty ideas for a 50th birthday celebration to make it a success by November 28, of this year.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I always tell people about fake newspapers. You can order them from several sources. They are fun as you can use the events of ones life as headlines and stories. Here is a link to several others and what they often look like.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fak ... Ewiyrd7v3M7LAhVESyYKHXy1Bp4Q_AUIBigB

One of the fun things about special occasions, Aggie, is anticipation. Why not invite your favourite people to help with ideas and planning? If it's your b'day, they'll know what you like best in terms of activities (going for dinner or cooking at home, for example).

If the b'day child is someone else, why not get that person involved in planning?

Have fun!

For My Cousin 50th birthday party,She had a 70 theme party, It was fun almost every One dress up in a 70 Outfit. You could go online, or at the thrift store for outfits , or maybe something right ato home..

.

November 25, 2013 Flag

My wife has organized the gathering of folks for my 50th birthday but has drawn a blank for how to make it interesting in a semi-dignified way. I've read the ideas here and have spun off from them these thoughts:

1. Get jars or containers and stick 50 of the same thing in each of them. However, in many of them, you could have gift cards. As people leave, you could give them one of these containers thereby a) assuring yourself of getting rid of them by night's end and b) giving people a chance to win something.

2. Make a list of things you've done in your life along with a few lies. People have to talk to each other and compare notes about what they know of you. Make each person's card different. Not hard to do if you do it in Excel, a little more work in Word. People have to submit their cards when they have written for all the items on their card whether the items were lies or truth. Prize awarded at some point. Downside is there is a bit of time involved checking people's cards but I'm just presenting the concept, details have to be figured out.

January 6, 2011 Flag

I will be celebrating my 50th birthday in June. I need birthday ideas for what to do? I want something different, not the usual theme parties, etc.

By Linda

When my husband turned '60', on the invitation we wrote: In lieu of gifts, please bring any type or amount of pet food, treats or litter, which will be donated to the local humane society in my husband's name. We were overwhelmed with the generosity of our family and friends 'gifts'. When we dropped off the 'booty' to the shelter, the staff was shocked and grateful for the items. My husband was so proud to do this - being a life-long animal lover. Total of food, treats and litter donated: 265 pounds! It was awesome! My husband even received a Thank You note from the shelter, signed by all the staff and volunteers.

Look up what else is turning fifty this year; do a search for "things turning 50". That might give you some creative ideas. Happy birthday!

For my husband's 50th, before the party, we had family and friends from all over the country phone in memories, stories, and birthday well-wishes. All the stories were stored onto a keepsake CD which we played at the party. We arranged for all this at a website called LifeOnRecord.com

It was a huge hit, and my husband was really touched by the folks that had recorded their messages, even if they couldn't be there.

March 27, 2013 Flag

Today is my mom's birthday and I'm at school asking friends on what to do. My mom loves birthday parties; she plans one for me all the time, but my dad said she can't plan her own.

Load More
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayFebruary 9, 2013
50th Anniversary Gift Box
50th Anniversary Gift Ideas
middle aged man and family celebrating his birthday
Celebrating Milestone Birthdays
50th Wedding Anniversary Party
50th Wedding Anniversary Party Ideas
Party Balloons
Surprise 50th Birthday Party Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 30, 2016 at 2:19:42 AM on 10.0.1.227 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.