Unique 50th Birthday Party Ideas

Planning one of the milestone birthday parties doesn't have to be stressful. This is a guide about unique 50th birthday party ideas.

Unique 50th Birthday Party Ideas
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

My husband is turning 50 and I want to throw him a surprise party, but he hates being reminded he is turning another year older. I am trying to think of a creative theme that does not involve a number associated with the celebration. I would love to hear your ideas.

By JLKK

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Why not a celebration of life. Find a way to represent all his accomplishments and all the things he loves. Don't forget to remind him of all the things you love about him, too. You could have a journal for his friends and family to write down a special memory of time with him. I'm sure you can come up with more ideas if you have a direction to go. Good Luck.

Jen in PA

Best Answer

Just like what I did with my husband's 50th birthday instead of using numbers. I made a big poster or tarpauline greetings which says ... "Hubby turns Gold!" and included with it, I have chosen a best picture of him.

Read More Answers...

I need creative, thrifty ideas for a 50th birthday celebration to make it a success by November 28, of this year.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

One of the fun things about special occasions, Aggie, is anticipation. Why not invite your favourite people to help with ideas and planning? If it's your b'day, they'll know what you like best in terms of activities (going for dinner or cooking at home, for example).

If the b'day child is someone else, why not get that person involved in planning?

Have fun!

Read More Answers...

When I turned the big 5-0, my sister did something for my birthday that was very exciting. For this occasion, I received a large box in the mail. When I opened the box, I found not one or two large gifts, but rather 50, yes 50, much smaller, wrapped gifts. I was surprised to say the least. The gifts were not expensive by any means, but it was so much fun to open all the little ones. She made me feel very special. I thought this would be a great idea to pass on.

By Marie from West Dundee

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I will be celebrating my 50th birthday in June. I need birthday ideas for what to do? I want something different, not the usual theme parties, etc.

By Linda

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

For my husband's 50th, before the party, we had family and friends from all over the country phone in memories, stories, and birthday well-wishes. All the stories were stored onto a keepsake CD which we played at the party. We arranged for all this at a website called LifeOnRecord.com

It was a huge hit, and my husband was really touched by the folks that had recorded their messages, even if they couldn't be there.

Read More Answers...

Today is my mom's birthday and I'm at school asking friends on what to do. My mom loves birthday parties; she plans one for me all the time, but my dad said she can't plan her own. She loves animals, but I already drew her favorite animal on a card. She always works hard and helps me with everything even when I don't deserve it. What should my dad and I do?

By Kaitlin

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Spoil her. Take her to dinner, or cook and clean up dinner at home. Give her a back rub, spend some time with her. My kids still (even as teens) make me coupons for car clean outs, cookies, back rubs, foot rubs and such that I can cash in during the year.

Read More Answers...

I would like suggestions on things to surprise this person. Any suggestions to help make her day worth remembering? And any ways to be just a little mean. Funny sayings also would help.

Thanks.

By Barbara

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here's another cool idea I pop in when people ask what to get people...give them a fake newspaper.

This link is just one of many when you google "fake newspapers".

http://www.simplypersonalized.com/f ... azines-covers/fake-newspaper-covers/

It's nice to make up cool stories about how someone saved the day or how much better the world is with them in it...things like that. If the recipient loves to frame things, buy two, then they will have that option on both sides.

I think this is so very special and unusual that it will be the hit of the event!

Read More Answers...

What ideas can anyone suggest? I am having a 50th birthday party in a couple weeks, but unfortunately my parents could not afford to have photos taken when I was younger, and I seem to always be behind the camera, so there are very few photos to show. What can I do instead of having photos to show on the day?

By Glenys

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Have some fake newspapers made and make up or use real stories about your lives. There are many to choose from if you google "fake news papers". If you can only afford two however, do get two. That way you can frame the fronts and backs. I hope this helps.

My wife has organized the gathering of folks for my 50th birthday but has drawn a blank for how to make it interesting in a semi-dignified way. I've read the ideas here and have spun off from them these thoughts:

1. Get jars or containers and stick 50 of the same thing in each of them. However, in many of them, you could have gift cards. As people leave, you could give them one of these containers thereby a) assuring yourself of getting rid of them by night's end and b) giving people a chance to win something.

2. Make a list of things you've done in your life along with a few lies. People have to talk to each other and compare notes about what they know of you. Make each person's card different. Not hard to do if you do it in Excel, a little more work in Word. People have to submit their cards when they have written for all the items on their card whether the items were lies or truth. Prize awarded at some point. Downside is there is a bit of time involved checking people's cards but I'm just presenting the concept, details have to be figured out.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My work made me a poster which said "I use to like antiques, but now I'm one". They also wore the same color of clothes. Even my students got into the groove. It was different, but I liked it.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I need games for a ladies 50th Birthday Luncheon held at my mom's home on June 24th. The party is for my sister.

Catherine from HUntington Beach, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Ok, here's a fun one and it'll get everyone interacting with each other. Get notecards and put the names of famous people (or infamous, the funnier the better) on them. When each guest arrives, you pin one to their back, and they have to circulate the room asking everyone questions about who they "are", but only questions that can be answered by YES or NO. Use names like AnnaNicole Smith, Oprah, barbara Walters, etc, names that the age group would be somewhat familiar with. You don't want them too easy, but not too difficult either. It really is alot of fun, and gets strangers talking and laughing with each other.

I would like ideas for a 50 birthday party for my mom, its going to be next month and would like ideas like for centerpieces, food and drinks.

Thank you,

Lily

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I threw my mom a 50's sock hop birthday party. Went on ebay and got a lot of stuff from the 50's for decorations, had the 50's music playing, then everything I bought for the party was hers afterwards.

I also rented a white limo to pick her up and bring her to the party (one of those things she'd always said she wanted).

Read More Answers...
        Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayFebruary 9, 2013
        50th Anniversary Gift Box
        50th Anniversary Gift Ideas
        middle aged man and family celebrating his birthday
        Celebrating Milestone Birthdays
        50th Wedding Anniversary Party
        50th Wedding Anniversary Party Ideas
        Party Balloons
        Surprise 50th Birthday Party Ideas
        © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 29, 2016 at 3:04:09 PM on 10.0.0.156 in 360 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.