Browsing: Unique 50th Birthday Party Ideas

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Unique 50th Birthday Party Ideas

Planning one of the milestone birthday parties doesn't have to be stressful. This is a guide about unique 50th birthday party ideas.

Unique 50th Birthday Party Ideas
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

September 17, 2013 Flag

My husband is turning 50 and I want to throw him a surprise party, but he hates being reminded he is turning another year older. I am trying to think of a creative theme that does not involve a number associated with the celebration. I would love to hear your ideas.

By JLKK

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Why not a celebration of life. Find a way to represent all his accomplishments and all the things he loves. Don't forget to remind him of all the things you love about him, too. You could have a journal for his friends and family to write down a special memory of time with him. I'm sure you can come up with more ideas if you have a direction to go. Good Luck.

Jen in PA

Best Answer

Just like what I did with my husband's 50th birthday instead of using numbers. I made a big poster or tarpauline greetings which says ... "Hubby turns Gold!" and included with it, I have chosen a best picture of him.

Decade of choice. That is going to be my theme in August. Have guest come dressed as their favorite decade

Read More Answers...

May 17, 2016 Flag

My 5 year wedding birthday is also the day of my 50th birthday. I want to celebrate them together. I want to rent a banquet hall or pavilion for the celebration. I'm at a loss as to what I should call it. I am a 3 year cancer survivor and want to share this occasion with family members and close friends about 60 people. I would like to have a elegant setting with a color theme of gold for 5o years old, sapphire which is my birthstone and is also the color that marks the 5 year anniversary. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I should call the event? Thank you.

How about "Fifty is Nifty" party!!

Sounds good. Thanks.

Thanks for your suggestions, sounds good.

Read More Answers...

March 18, 2016 Flag

I need creative, thrifty ideas for a 50th birthday celebration to make it a success by November 28, of this year.

I always tell people about fake newspapers. You can order them from several sources. They are fun as you can use the events of ones life as headlines and stories. Here is a link to several others and what they often look like.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fak ... Ewiyrd7v3M7LAhVESyYKHXy1Bp4Q_AUIBigB

One of the fun things about special occasions, Aggie, is anticipation. Why not invite your favourite people to help with ideas and planning? If it's your b'day, they'll know what you like best in terms of activities (going for dinner or cooking at home, for example).

If the b'day child is someone else, why not get that person involved in planning?

Have fun!

For My Cousin 50th birthday party,She had a 70 theme party, It was fun almost every One dress up in a 70 Outfit. You could go online, or at the thrift store for outfits , or maybe something right ato home..

.

February 15, 2008 Flag

When I turned the big 5-0, my sister did something for my birthday that was very exciting. For this occasion, I received a large box in the mail. When I opened the box, I found not one or two large gifts, but rather 50, yes 50, much smaller, wrapped gifts. I was surprised to say the least. The gifts were not expensive by any means, but it was so much fun to open all the little ones. She made me feel very special. I thought this would be a great idea to pass on.

By Marie from West Dundee

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 23, 2016 Flag

I know of a lady who I only know on Facebook and would like to surprise her with a unique 50th birthday party. Her favorite color is black she suffers, like me, from fibromyalgia and spinal illness which causes chronic pain due to this illness. Many family and friends often don't understand so they tend not to extend invites to social gatherings, because weather plays a bad roll on how we suffer. However her birthday is in August and summer is a great time because the warm weather helps our body pain. I know she wants a horse and carriage ride, wants to let go of 50 balloons, and she loves the color black. She is a lovely soul and cares for anyone. She loves life and has a great sense of humor. I need help! Please.

January 6, 2011 Flag

I will be celebrating my 50th birthday in June. I need birthday ideas for what to do? I want something different, not the usual theme parties, etc.

By Linda

When my husband turned '60', on the invitation we wrote: In lieu of gifts, please bring any type or amount of pet food, treats or litter, which will be donated to the local humane society in my husband's name. We were overwhelmed with the generosity of our family and friends 'gifts'. When we dropped off the 'booty' to the shelter, the staff was shocked and grateful for the items. My husband was so proud to do this - being a life-long animal lover. Total of food, treats and litter donated: 265 pounds! It was awesome! My husband even received a Thank You note from the shelter, signed by all the staff and volunteers.

Look up what else is turning fifty this year; do a search for "things turning 50". That might give you some creative ideas. Happy birthday!

For my husband's 50th, before the party, we had family and friends from all over the country phone in memories, stories, and birthday well-wishes. All the stories were stored onto a keepsake CD which we played at the party. We arranged for all this at a website called LifeOnRecord.com

It was a huge hit, and my husband was really touched by the folks that had recorded their messages, even if they couldn't be there.

Read More Answers...

March 27, 2013 Flag

Today is my mom's birthday and I'm at school asking friends on what to do. My mom loves birthday parties; she plans one for me all the time, but my dad said she can't plan her own. She loves animals, but I already drew her favorite animal on a card. She always works hard and helps me with everything even when I don't deserve it. What should my dad and I do?

By Kaitlin

Maybe a gift in honor of her birthday to a local animal shelter. You have made her card which she will love.

A pin or earrings with her favorite animal.

Spoil her. Take her to dinner, or cook and clean up dinner at home. Give her a back rub, spend some time with her. My kids still (even as teens) make me coupons for car clean outs, cookies, back rubs, foot rubs and such that I can cash in during the year.

May 31, 2012 Flag

I would like suggestions on things to surprise this person. Any suggestions to help make her day worth remembering? And any ways to be just a little mean. Funny sayings also would help.

Thanks.

By Barbara

I have a suggestion why not chuck a surprise party for her with all her friends and family.

Here's another cool idea I pop in when people ask what to get people...give them a fake newspaper.

This link is just one of many when you google "fake newspapers".

http://www.simplypersonalized.com/f ... azines-covers/fake-newspaper-covers/

It's nice to make up cool stories about how someone saved the day or how much better the world is with them in it...things like that. If the recipient loves to frame things, buy two, then they will have that option on both sides.

I think this is so very special and unusual that it will be the hit of the event!

October 3, 2013 Flag

What ideas can anyone suggest? I am having a 50th birthday party in a couple weeks, but unfortunately my parents could not afford to have photos taken when I was younger, and I seem to always be behind the camera, so there are very few photos to show. What can I do instead of having photos to show on the day?

By Glenys

Have some fake newspapers made and make up or use real stories about your lives. There are many to choose from if you google "fake news papers". If you can only afford two however, do get two. That way you can frame the fronts and backs. I hope this helps.

November 25, 2013 Flag

My wife has organized the gathering of folks for my 50th birthday but has drawn a blank for how to make it interesting in a semi-dignified way. I've read the ideas here and have spun off from them these thoughts:

1. Get jars or containers and stick 50 of the same thing in each of them. However, in many of them, you could have gift cards. As people leave, you could give them one of these containers thereby a) assuring yourself of getting rid of them by night's end and b) giving people a chance to win something.

2. Make a list of things you've done in your life along with a few lies. People have to talk to each other and compare notes about what they know of you. Make each person's card different. Not hard to do if you do it in Excel, a little more work in Word. People have to submit their cards when they have written for all the items on their card whether the items were lies or truth. Prize awarded at some point. Downside is there is a bit of time involved checking people's cards but I'm just presenting the concept, details have to be figured out.

April 17, 2013 Flag

My work made me a poster which said "I use to like antiques, but now I'm one". They also wore the same color of clothes. Even my students got into the groove. It was different, but I liked it.

May 11, 2006 Flag

I need games for a ladies 50th Birthday Luncheon held at my mom's home on June 24th. The party is for my sister.

Catherine from HUntington Beach, CA

Ok, here's a fun one and it'll get everyone interacting with each other. Get notecards and put the names of famous people (or infamous, the funnier the better) on them. When each guest arrives, you pin one to their back, and they have to circulate the room asking everyone questions about who they "are", but only questions that can be answered by YES or NO. Use names like AnnaNicole Smith, Oprah, barbara Walters, etc, names that the age group would be somewhat familiar with. You don't want them too easy, but not too difficult either. It really is alot of fun, and gets strangers talking and laughing with each other.

April 15, 2005 Flag

I would like ideas for a 50 birthday party for my mom, its going to be next month and would like ideas like for centerpieces, food and drinks.

Answer This QuestionMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes
            Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayFebruary 9, 2013
            50th Anniversary Gift Box
            50th Anniversary Gift Ideas
            middle aged man and family celebrating his birthday
            Celebrating Milestone Birthdays
            50th Wedding Anniversary Party
            50th Wedding Anniversary Party Ideas
            Party Balloons
            Surprise 50th Birthday Party Ideas
            © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 26, 2016 at 1:04:05 AM on 10.0.0.160 in 668 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.