This delicious recipe is similar to stuffed peppers but without holding the ingredients in a pepper. Great, especially if kids (or adults) don't really don't want to eat a whole pepper. It makes a TON too! This recipe can be halved or portions to be made into multiple meals and frozen. Time saving and great tasting!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 lb ground chicken or beef (I used one lb. of each)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 14 fl oz either crushed tomatoes or cubed tomatoes
- 2 cups rice
- 1 to 1 1/2 (if more desired) green, red or yellow peppers
- 32 fl oz broth (I use bouillon cubes reconstituted)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- pinch salt and pepper to taste
- Cut up onion and garlic and place in preheated large frying pan with a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Add ground meat, oregano, basil and salt and pepper. Cook until browned.
- Add broth, crushed tomatoes, stir and boil.
- Add rice and cook, stirring for 15 minutes. Check rice.
- Add thinly sliced read or green peppers. Stir into mixture. Cook for a 4-5 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!