Unstuffed Peppers Recipes
This delicious recipe is similar to stuffed peppers but without holding the ingredients in a pepper. Great, especially if kids (or adults) don't really don't want to eat a whole pepper. It makes a TON too! This recipe can be halved or portions to be made into multiple meals and frozen. Time saving and great tasting!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 lb ground chicken or beef (I used one lb. of each)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 14 fl oz either crushed tomatoes or cubed tomatoes
- 2 cups rice
- 1 to 1 1/2 (if more desired) green, red or yellow peppers
- 32 fl oz broth (I use bouillon cubes reconstituted)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- pinch salt and pepper to taste
- Cut up onion and garlic and place in preheated large frying pan with a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Add ground meat, oregano, basil and salt and pepper. Cook until browned.
- Add broth, crushed tomatoes, stir and boil.
- Add rice and cook, stirring for 15 minutes. Check rice.
- Add thinly sliced read or green peppers. Stir into mixture. Cook for a 4-5 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
2 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Brown beef with onion and green peppers. Drain. Add tomatoes and rice. Heat until hot and serve. This is a quick and easy dinner.Read More...
This a family favorite. Having the peppers mixed together in the sauce, instead of stuffed, gives it a lot more flavor. Any leftovers can be frozen and reheated. It can be easily adapted for a crock pot by reducing some of the water.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.