Use Vinegar as a Weed Killer

This is not original; however, I have discovered not too many people are aware of this. I have been doing this very successfully for many years.

I don't like to put "poison" of any kind in my yard because of pets and children and frankly, wildlife. However, I really don't like weeds, especially in my walk and driveway and up against the house, and pulling them can sometimes be difficult. The solution: pour any kind of cheap white vinegar on them, they die and are easy to pull, you may have to do it twice, but it never fails to work. The smell disappears quickly!

I don't remember where I first heard of this or when, but I have been doing this for at least 30 years.

By Bunny from Grand Rapids, MI

Answers:

Use Vinegar as a Weed Killer

I never could get it to work for me. I used like a gallon of white vinegar on my weeds. They weren't terribly overgrown, but all it did was dry the leaves. The roots stayed strong. I pulled them all out and used vinegar again, but it never phased any of the weeds in my garden. (10/01/2009)

By assvamp

Use Vinegar as a Weed Killer
Homemade Weed Killer Recipes
Homemade Weed Killer Recipes
Dollar Weed
Getting Rid of Dollar Weed
Ants on the wall of a house.
Homemade Ant Killer Recipes
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet
🎉
🎄