Buying Vinegar

This is a guide about buying vinegar. Vinegar has numerous uses, including as a weed killer. Many times it is cheaper to buy it in larger quantities for these uses.

Where can I purchase pickling vinegar? I want to use it to kill weeds.

Answers

Best Answer

Most pickle recipes call for white vinegar. White vinegar needs to have a 5% acidity level to use for pickling. Look at your vinegar label and see that it has 5% acidity and you can use it for pickling and cleaning. Everyone I know including myself use white vinegar to clean with. I also use it as a fabric softner when I wash my towels. I just buy a gallon of Heinz White Vinegar and others use generic and swear they see no difference. The generic is probally just fine but I use it in some of my recipes,plus pickling, and cleaning so I prefer Heinz.
They have a vinegar called cleaning vinegar, it has a 6% acidity level and should not be used for pickling or cooking. I just don't see a reason to pay thr extra money just for a cleaning vinegar when the white vinegar serves all my purposes. #beingfurgal

I believe you will find it in any grocery store.

Walmart, Target, any grocer

White vinegar will do the job. Buy the cheapest jug you can find at any supermarket.