Using a Paper Clip as Tape Marker

Category Miscellaneous
Transparent tape can often be difficult to unstick from itself. A paper clip can be used to make this much easier. This page contains ideas for using a paper clip as a tape marker.

To keep from losing the end of postage tape, place a paper clip on the sticky side of the tape just below where you are making the cut. Store the tape with the paper clip, and you are ready to go next time you need to use the tape. The paper clip is easy to pull off and thick enough to keep from losing the end of the tape.

By hate litter from NC

Top Comment

I use a single edge razor blade to keep the end of the tape easily available and then the tape can be cut without hunting up scissors! (Not good for young kids.)

I don't know if anyone does this already but I discovered something that helps me tremendously! Put a paper clip at the start of the tape. When you need some, take your length and then put the paper clip in place before tearing it off. Now you'll always know where the end is, no more turning and turning and searching. :)

I always use the bread wrapper plastic squares that hold the wrapper together.

Finding the end of a roll of tape sometimes would consume too much of my time. I have tried folding the end so that it won't stick back as you roll it, but still forget to do that after using the tape. So, I searched on Google and found this very quick and easy way to mark it.

Get a paper clip and open the end of the tape. Simply stick the paper clip on it and roll it back. Keep the tape in a position where the paper clip can be easily located.

My tape gun end continually gets messed up, this will help and I could even use a nail when I am at workbench