Using a Paper Clip as Tape Marker

Category Miscellaneous
Mark the end of the roll of tape with a paper clip.
Transparent tape can often be difficult to unstick from itself. A paper clip can be used to make this much easier. This page contains ideas for using a paper clip as a tape marker.

To keep from losing the end of postage tape, place a paper clip on the sticky side of the tape just below where you are making the cut. Store the tape with the paper clip, and you are ready to go next time you need to use the tape. The paper clip is easy to pull off and thick enough to keep from losing the end of the tape.

By hate litter from NC

Top Comment

The paper clip is the first thing I got my hands on when this idea popped into my head. A popsicle stick works even better. You just need something to hold that tape up so when you make the cut, the tape won't fall back down and stick.

In the past I have held it with my finger, then folded a corner on the end but my problem was sometimes I would lose the end before I could make the fold.

Top Comment

I use a single edge razor blade to keep the end of the tape easily available and then the tape can be cut without hunting up scissors! (Not good for young kids.)

Top Comment

I learned the fold over trick eons ago when I worked in an industrial shop. We used all kinds of tapes (duct, teflon, electrical, etc) and the guys were strict about it. Anyone who forgot was ragged unmercifully LOL. Doubt they would have changed and I am too old to now but I like your paper clip idea. :)

I don't know if anyone does this already but I discovered something that helps me tremendously! Put a paper clip at the start of the tape. When you need some, take your length and then put the paper clip in place before tearing it off. Now you'll always know where the end is, no more turning and turning and searching. :)

Finding the end of a roll of tape sometimes would consume too much of my time. I have tried folding the end so that it won't stick back as you roll it, but still forget to do that after using the tape. So, I searched on Google and found this very quick and easy way to mark it.

Get a paper clip and open the end of the tape. Simply stick the paper clip on it and roll it back. Keep the tape in a position where the paper clip can be easily located.