Uses For Coffee Creamer Containers

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for empty coffee creamer containers. They are shaped very nicely and the plastic covering comes off for a nice white background.

Thanks,
Debbie from Fairmount, IN

Answers:

Uses For Coffee Creamer Containers

I use the empty plastic bottles that I get the powdered coffee creamer in as freezer bottles in coolers. Just rinse and fill with water put in freezer and they are always ready to go. They are small enough that they don't take up a lot of room.
(01/21/2005)

By Nancy

Uses For Coffee Creamer Containers

These are also great for sugar or Splenda! Easy to pour from! (01/23/2005)

By Reba Gayle Shurden

Uses For Coffee Creamer Containers

I use the creamer container for dishwasher detergent, it is easy to pour from there. Sam's has the bucket of dishwasher detergent with the measuring cup, well, I fill up a creamer container and keep it under the sink. (08/13/2005)

By Irma

Uses For Coffee Creamer Containers

Here is a great "make and take project" for a Birthday party. We washed and removed the lables from used creamer botttles, let the kids decorate them with GLAZE GEL PENS , then filled them with bubble liquid we made. Each child was given a small bottle of purchased bubbles ( wand included) and they took their decorated bottle home to refill the small bottle as needed.

Try these great sites for bubble recipes and hints on making BIG bubbles.

We also sent home with each child a copy of the recipe to make more bubbles.

(08/26/2005)

By Great Grandma Robin

Uses For Coffee Creamer Containers

I use coffee creamer and always buy the big container at Walmart, it's the off brand. I have saved one of the smaller ones to empty the larger one into because of the savings you get with the bigger one as opposed to the smaller one.

When finished with the large creamer container, I wash it out and take the label off. When I need a container for leftover soup or something else I use the large container. I always make large amounts of soup, beans, or whatever type of bulk type item I'm making at the time. I put one container in the refrigerator and one in the freezer or both into the freezer after we eat what we want from the freshly made dinner.

I write on the lid with a marker what is in it. I try to take it out the day before I want to use it to thaw. I also have microwaved the container when in a hurry. I put it in a bowl on it's side with the lid off, this will tend to melt however, so the container is not really useable again. It really doesn't matter to me since I use two of these containers of creamer a month and have several stockpiled in my pantry.

I also have numerous containers filled with flour, sugar, salt, beans etc. Always labeling the container before it's put away. A great way to recycle these creamer containers. Hope this is a help to others.
(10/22/2005)

By RoseMary

Uses For Coffee Creamer Containers

1. If you have enough of these, you could fill the bottom with sand and then set them up like bowling pins. Children can use them inside or outside-grab a rubber ball and bowl away!

2. You could make a snowman family with them. Paint or use perm. maker to make faces, glue buttons on the front. Tie a small piece of fabric around the "neck" area and place a baby sock on top for a hat! You could fill them with goodies to give as gifts.

3. Store bird seed in them, it is easier to tote them around to fill up the feeders. (10/22/2005)

By michelle h

Uses For Coffee Creamer Containers

I use mine for honey, maple syrup, homemade barbecue sauce (labled of course!) (10/22/2005)

By sshep

Uses For Coffee Creamer Containers

I use them as a vase, also for storing soups and saving flower seeds. (10/22/2005)

By Annette

Uses For Coffee Creamer Containers

Got a camper? Know of anyone who does? These creamer containers make the best canisters for camping. You can print off nice labels on your computer and attach them to the canisters. One for coffee, sugar, creamer, tea, etc. These fit nicely in a camper and hold enough for a weeklong or weekend trip. They store nicely too. Don't forget to make one for Cinnamon/Sugar - for making those great camping treats. (10/22/2005)

By Renee

Uses For Coffee Creamer Containers

Remove the label and wash out the container. Tie a piece of scrap felt around the narrow center, glue some buttons down the front, paint on a snowman face.use scrap material or a small childs sock to fit over the lid and glue the edges. fill the container with hot chocolate mix or something like that for a great gift for teachers, friends or neighbors. (10/22/2005)

By srhp69

Uses For Coffee Creamer Containers

I get mine from Wal-Mart also I label mine and put powdered sugar, dry beans, rice, homemade salsa, dry milk,potato flakes, flour, cornmeal mix, etc. in them. (10/22/2005)

By Laura

Uses For Coffee Creamer Containers

I've read all the food-saver tips and done those myself. This is quite different. I use mine to stuff garbage into. Anytime you throw away something empty, it takes up lots of precious space. If you keep this container aside for awhile and put things like eggshells, veg. peelings, crushed foil and used plastic foodwrap, anything that fits in there.

I also wet any paper throw-aways such as paper towels, envelopes, food cartons like cereal and egg cartons. Then squish them and stuff them either into my coffee creamer container (or other empty jugs, jars, etc.). When this is as full as I can get it, it goes into the trash.

I figure I save enough space doing this to eliminate one garbage can at least, per month . I also break down all cardboard boxes, all sizes, unless I'm saving. All newspapers are wetted also. All canned food cans can be use for stuffing, or flattened to take up less space.

Food costs are so high now, so save wherever we can. Re-use, recycle , and/or save space and money on your garbage bill. (10/22/2005)

By JG

coffee creamer container

I keep all kinds of reusable containers like this to send food home with my kids/grandkids. They don't have to worry about returning it, and I still get to keep all my tupperware! (10/22/2005)

By Dede

Uses For Coffee Creamer Containers

Use them for flavored coffee or hot chocolate mixes to present as gifts at Christmas. Since the plastic comes off so easily, you can decorate the container any way you like! (10/22/2005)

By hugmehugs

Uses For Coffee Creamer Containers

One of the uses I found is in decorating. I removed the label from the creamer bottle and it was a lovely "creamy" white. I tied a recycled ribbon around the bottle, place a bouquet of artificial pink roses in it and it looks wonderful on the shelf in my daughter's room!

I have also made a coin bank by CAREFULLY heating a knife point to make a coin slot in the lid. Decorate bottle with stickers or as desired.
(06/14/2006)

By AnnMel

Uses For Coffee Creamer Containers

I USE MINE TO PUT ELBOW MACARONI, STORING SUGAR, ANYTHING I BUY IN BULK, TOO. (06/15/2006)

By imaqt1962

Uses For Coffee Creamer Containers

I tear off the label and cut it around to about 4 inches high, punch holes in the bottom and use for a handy flower pot. I am a heavy coffee drinker so I accumulate a large quantity of these over the winter months. Also, good if you practice winter-sowing, just fill with dirt, plant your seeds, cover with plastic and set outside in March. (11/30/2006)

By Dawn

Uses For Coffee Creamer Containers

Really shouldn't reuse plastic containers to store or reheat cooked food, the plastic/chemicals might interact with the food acids or microwave action and be cancer-causing. I don't know of scientific proof of this, but it just makes sense. (02/09/2008)

By Bordercollies

Creamer Bottles
Uses for Creamer Bottles
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Craft Ideas for Creamer Containers
Crafts Using Single Serving Cream Containers
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
finished snowman hot chocolate gift
Making a Coffee Mate Container Snowman
🎉
🎄