Uses for Creamer Bottles

Category Reusing
Plastic creamer bottles can be reused, for things like crafts, organizing, and storage. This is a page about uses for creamer bottles.

I dislike grocery shopping, particularly in the wintertime. I get a head start during the summer. I watch for sales on staples. The more I buy now, the less I'll have to lug home in the sleet and snow.

I mix my own laundry concoction, and really like it. I use ½ of a popular laundry detergent and ½ of a non chlorine fabric whitener/brightener. Often these powders are lumpy when I first buy them, and even lumpier after being on the shelf for a while.

I measure equal amounts of these two into a plastic bucket, stir for a second, and then funnel the lot into clean and dried coffee creamer containers. I keep these filled containers in the laundry room, and at the kitchen sink, where I wash my dish towels in scalding water. (Tip within a tip: I don't use fabric softener on my dish towels. It tends to leave a film on glassware).

The lumps do not reform in these plastic containers. I can dispense a little through the pour spout or remove the lid to measure a cup or so. This idea may not be practical for large families, but for a small crew, it should work well.

Also, I stock up on wild bird seed. I transfer the contents of a 10 lb. bag of seed into these containers. When refilling my several feeders, it's much easier dispensing from these containers, rather than a 10 lb. bag. With a home made inner seal of foil, the seed will stay fresh and bug free.

I go through the local recycling center at my mobile home park. I do this for two reasons. One is because people just don't read the numbers in the triangle and toss in those plastics we can't recycle in Douglas County anymore.

The other is to save coffee and creamer containers, and all others that I can use for food storage. Once washed, they are perfect for keeping critters out. So today's tip is that sometimes, you can still use something even though the lid is missing.

I find these creamer bottles without the tops and replace them with juice container lids. Still useful, clear and ready to fill with things like:

• rice
  • beans
  • soup mixes
  • pasta
  • candies
  • staples like flour or pancake mixes
  • and more
I love the fact that they are clear and easy to see. I hope this helps!

For my Kindergarten class at Sunday School, we made Santa toys out of Liquid Coffee Mate bottles. The white bottles have red caps that are shaped as Santa's hat.

Empty non dairy creamer containers are perfect to use as drink bottles. The smaller ones are great for mixing and drinking from and the larger ones are the perfect size for the 1/2 gallon unsweetened drink mixes.

Reuse Your Non Dairy Creamer Bottles

I have stared using large coffee cream containers to store rice and other things. The opening makes it easier to pour into measuring cup.

I use empty creamer bottles for lots of things, especially food items we buy in large containers at Sam's Club: syrup, dishwasher soap (awesome for that!), hot chocolate mix, strawberry mix, even as a small pitcher of milk for the dining table that kids can easily pour.

I hope all of you creative people can help me out.

I have many of the big plastic canisters that powdered coffee creamer comes in. We drink A LOT of coffee around here! I'm reusing one to store sugar in. It's great because it has the spout on it for pouring. Other than that, what else could I use these containers for? I'm at a loss, and I hate to throw these canisters out. There's got to be other ways of reusing these. Thanks. and I'm looking forward to all of the creative ideas you have.

Lynn from Colbert, GA

Answers

I save a lot of things to recycle and these containers are great for them, and they smell so good every time I open one. Use to collect change(let kids draw pics on them and use for banks), bottle caps, can tabs, marbles, nuts and screws in the garage, craft supplies, etc. Sure wish I had a few, I just moved and left mine all in CA by mistake.

Keep some in the car for emergency pet food, change for the parking meters, pre-moistened wipes, sewing kits, eyeglass and fingernail repair parts, sugar free candies, energency candles and waterproof matches, or just about anything you need to keep protected from water and sun. In the kitchen, they are perfect for ice cubes in lunch boxes because they don't melt all over everything. When they do melt, you have nice cold water. They make nice spice containers but you have to be careful of no place for a shaker. Keep powdered things, pasta, or just about anything in them. They are just about perfect!

My daughter and I made this birdhouse to go with our collection! I also have used them to make snowmen and santas.

They are a great start for the body part! My snowman is packed away so no pictures.

I like to reuse such containers myself but I am worried about putting food products in the plastic and wondering if it's safe or not. Some plastics are not safe for re-using for food. How do we know?

i like to keep a couple similar items by my brew station for cough drops & hard candy.
Because these 2 items (in particular) come in a plastic bag that usually gets torn I cut the label off them & tape them on the canister to ID it!

I'm using a Folger's plastic coffee can for coffee filters.... We don't use creamer so I don't know what those cannisters look like but as I've said before ...

if it will fit it will store. Cough drops mints gum anything small.

By Guest (Guest Post)

Fill the canister with baking soda or Epsom salts to add to your bath water or foot bath. Looks lots nicer than having the box sitting out!

By Mary (Guest Post)

We use the really big economy sized creamer canisters, too. Up until now I'd only used them when cleaning out the fridge or throwing away cooking oil, anything messy that might leak in the garbage bag. I like your idea of storing sugar in one! Also would be good as a sand shaker when snow or ice is on the steps, or keep one full of sand in the car's trunk in winter, or use to shake fertilizer out around the garden in the summer, easier to hold whatever comes in a big bag and is hard to deal with.

The labels peel off on most things like that, should be easy to re-label.

Thanks for all the great ideas! I appreciate your input...

I have tons of Coffee Mate liquid cream containers in three sizes: 32 oz, 64 oz (2 qt), and 16 oz. I think they would be great to make gifts for young and old.

Could you please suggest ideas and instructions for something easy and inexpensive? I guess I need to get started, the holidays are near. I also want to say thank you for accepting me. I am so excited to be a part of ThriftyFun. I am looking forward to a very long stay here. Blessings.

By Linda H

I use lots of liquid creamer and have saved the bottles. I want to make a craft the children will enjoy.

By Gidget123 from OK

Does anyone have craft ideas for the larger Coffee-Mate containers with the powder creamer? It seems a waste to get rid of them.

By Michelle

This is a page about making a Coffee Mate container snowman. A Coffee Mate container is the perfect shape for making a cute snowman that can be filled with treats for a gift or used as a decoration.

Making a Coffee Mate Container Snowman

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 2

Ideas For Reusing Large Size Creamer Bottles

Got Creamer?

I go through at least one of these per week. I thought you might like some ideas as to what to do with the ones you may not recycle.

1. I use them for dressings that I make from mixes.
  2. I mix some body washes when they get too used up and keep them in the shower. Same for shampoos, etc.
  3. Cut some holes in the very top for a cord to hang it, then cut some larger holes around the lower part and fill with bird seed.
  4. Keep bread crumbs, sunflower seeds or nuts, syrup, pastas, coffee, or just about any small or liquid food that you might want to pour instead of scoop.
  5. Small skeins of yarn, directions and hooks/needles can be kept safe in your car or purse for those times you get stuck waiting.
  6. Garden seeds or fertilizer/plant food (kept locked up or VERY high).
  7. Uncap and use for a nice vase.
  8. Keep the caps on and use as a kids bowling pin set.

By Sandra from Salem OR

Editor's Note: Do you have any ideas to share for reusing these bottles? Post them here.

Answers:

How about using them for ice melt in the winter (if you don't have a large sidewalk to worry about, then you can just refill when needed (08/12/2008)

By Kathy

1) Fill them with Laundry detergent to bring to the laundry mat.

2) I fill mine with DRY creamer to set out at picnics or gatherings. Everyone knows what's inside :)

Please, whatever you put in them, mark the bottles! Or you could end up with creamer in your laundry. Or worse. Tide in your coffee! (08/12/2008)

By Joy

I've seen the one with the red lid, made into a Christmas decoration as a snowman.
(08/12/2008)

By LEONA LABINE

RE: Ideas For Reusing Large Size Creamer Bottles

I use mine for leftover noodles,pasta shells, navy beans, etc.

Pico- I love the idea of the snowmen (08/13/2008)

By suzanne

I use one for my children's cinnamon toast. I mix the sugar and cinnamon together, which makes it really handy, then they can help make it. (08/13/2008)

By Julia

I don't use creamer, as I am allergic to milk, but I think these kind of containers would be great to take stuff to work for lunch, in. For example, milk, juice, salad dressing, water, etc. would all go great in this type of container. Also, you could fill it with stuff that would rattle when you shake it, glue the lid on, and then let your dog or cat play with it. (08/14/2008)

By crazyliblady

I put rice or sand inside about a third of the way and then I glued a half of doll body and head on top. Made a little dress and sold them at the arts and crafts fair for $7.
(08/17/2008)

By Marilyn

From the original poster: TIDE in the coffee! You are right, felt markers are priceless. To the snowman lady: wonderful idea! And to the lady who can't drink milk, these are all non-dairy. Most are made with whey powder and coconut products, but no milk. I hope you can at least try some. They are wonderful for coffee!

Sandra of Salem OR (08/17/2008)

By Sandi/Poor But Proud

If you buy the little containers (smaller size) you could fill with water and freeze to stick in husband's lunchbox in the morn to keep things cold. Just make sure they stand up right because if filled with liquids, they will leak. Use for crafts and fill with buttons, sequins, eyes, etc. Cut off the tops and use for pen and pencil holders. Have kids decorate. xoxo (08/22/2008)

By amy

I removed the lid and washed an empty coffee creamer container, dried it thoroughly, tied a scrap of ribbon around the center, added some artificial flowers inside and made a vase for the shelf in my daughter's room.

There could be more decorations added, such as hot gluing beads, painting the creamer bottle with acrylic paints, etc.

My creamer jar had a wider opening, it was the dry type creamer. (08/25/2008)

By Cora

I take coffee-mate containers, the ones that are found in the dairy case, and use them for sugar dispensers.

I have a lot of those very large plastic creamer containers that hold powdered creamer for coffee. I hate throwing them away and I've got one that I keep my sugar in.

Load More

Better Living Green Living ReusingApril 26, 2013
😎
😷
🌻
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf95064251.tip.html