Homemade Powdered Coffee Creamer

Category Dairy
Instead of buying powdered creamer for your coffee, make it at home! This is a guide about homemade powdered coffee creamer.

Please help. I would like recipes using dry powered milk to make coffee creamer not the liquid, but the dry coffee creamer. Many thanks.

God bless!

Liz

Answers

Best Answer

You don't need a special recipe. Just pour some dry milk from of the box into a small covered dish. Scoop out what you need and stir into a cup of hot coffee, as you would sugar. Works the same way, I've done it.

My husband and I recently started drinking our coffee black, so now we don't use either cream or sugar.

Anonymous
Best Answer

You can use powdered milk by itself but it will not taste as creamy sweet because of the general low fat content of milk. Even whole milk has far less fat content than cream does. Try experimenting adding powdered sugar to the powdered milk. Some people like equal ratio's while others like 1/2 sugar to milk ratio and others like an even smaller ratios of sugar. Once you find the ratio you like you can also add flavorings like ground cinnamon, or ground nutmeg, or ground vanilla bean, etc. to taste.

Best Answer

I've been using nonfat powdered milk for years. It doesn't have many calories and no fat or sugar. I use about two to three teaspoons per cup of coffee. I use sweet n low for sweetener and since it loses it's sweetness if the coffee is too hot, I add a dash of cold water to the cup before adding the sweet n low and the milk. I also add 1 eye dropper drop of french vanilla extract or almond or even brandy sometimes. Cheap specialty coffee flavor.

Best Answer

Orange Coffee Creamer

• 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 cup nonfat dry milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried orange peel

Cafe Vienna

• 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup dry milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Cinnamon Coffee Creamer

• 2/3 cup sugar
  • 2/3 cup nonfat dry milk

• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Cappuccino Coffee Creamer

• 1 cup hot cocoa mix
  • 3/4 cup dry non-dairy creamer
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

Mocha Coffee Creamer

• 1 cup sugar
  • 2 cups nonfat dry milk
  • 4 teaspoons cocoa

Best Answer

It's very easy to make a good, dairy-powdered creamer. The secret is to add some fat to get the same mouth-feel you expect from, say, half and half or cream. I don't prefer this recipe over straight cream, but it's a good substitute if you run out, is shelf-stable and versatile. Use it also for making cocoa, chai and other mixes.

8 parts part skim milk powder
1-2 parts powdered sugar (I don't like my coffee at all sweet, so you can use even less, but there is a little sweetness in natural cream)

3 cereal spoonfuls of coconut oil, melted (I stick the glass jar in micro for a few seconds)

Combine first two ingredients in a bowl with a fork. Slowly add coconut oil, drizzling it over the top with a spoon. Mix well with a fork. There should be no clumps. Store in a jar with a lid in the pantry. To use, try a few spoonfuls in a cup then add your coffee while stirring until you get the color/flavor you want. The oil adds the mouthfeel that you expect from cream. Coconut oil is a healthy fat as well. It stays solid in the powder mix but will melt into your coffee as soon as you pour it. I would make mine with less sugar next time, but I would say 1 part sugar to 8 parts milk powder is about right :-) Enjoy

I'm in need of some homemade flavored dry coffee creamer recipes.

By Deb from Kellogg, IA

Answers

I really don't know how to do it. I did try to make vanilla cinnamon a couple of times using vanilla powder and cinnamon. The vanilla dissolved but the cinnamon sank to the bottom of my cup. So if you want vanilla creamer use the vanilla powder.

Get a fresh vanilla bean, carefully cut it in half vertically (down the long side) and place it (full or you may only need half) in some powdered milk. Shake it daily for about 1-2 weeks (depending on how strong you want it) and you'll have vanilla flavored "creamer." You can also use this same technique on sugar. It's super-yummy and one vanilla bean goes a long way!

How do I make my own coffee creamer?

By June from Sarasota, FL

Answers:

Homemade Powdered Coffee Creamer

Powdered dry milk works the same as buying the coffee creamers. Read the label on a jar of coffee creamer and you will be surprised to find the chemicals used to make it. (12/26/2009)

By MCW

Homemade Powdered Coffee Creamer

Powdered dry milk and your flavor of choice, i.e. cinnamon or dry cocoa mix. (12/26/2009)

By MartyD

After running out of my store purchased coffee creamer, I looked for alternatives and I combined several ideas to make a great powder coffee creamer. By adding other items like cocoa, other sugars, or spices you can develop additional flavors.

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
  • 1/2 cup powdered milk
  • 1/4 cup sugar

Directions

Put the rice in a blender for 5 minutes on highest setting to form a powder. Add the milk and sugar and again blend for only a few minutes.

I had some concerns using sugar as I do not like sugar in my coffee, but I was surprised to find that I could not taste the sugar. I was looking for something as close to "CoffeeMate" as I can get. It also appears to somewhat reduce the acid content of the coffee. I hope you enjoy it as I do

Source: I did not find this exact recipe on any site, but it is a modification/combination of several others I found on "tastofhome.com" and "hubpages.com".

By Bruce from Evergreen, CO

Answers:

Homemade Powdered Coffee Creamer

Nice idea, but it doesn't work. The rice does not dissolve, it settles at the bottom of your coffee. You end up with this gluppy substance. I also tasted the sugar. I normally don't drink sweet coffee. Sorry this didn't work. (04/09/2009)

By lildinks