Uses For Nonskid Shelf Liner

Nonskid shelf liner, that you can pick up at the dollar store or at yard sales, has all sorts of uses. I have placed it under my cutting board in the kitchen and under my mouse pad and keyboard on my very slippery desk to keep things in place while I work. It's also great to place under cakes and casseroles when you place them into a box to transport to a school or holiday function. The next time you see some at a bargain price, be sure to pick some up.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

Answers:

Many Uses For Nonskid Shelf Liner

I love that stuff too and always have a few rolls in reserve.

An 8 or 10 inch square can be placed on a flat spot in your vehicle...maybe the dash or center console. You can put your sunglasses or keys or pen or whatever on it and it won't go skittering to the floor the first time you go around a corner or hit a bump in the road.

A small square of it under my sewing machine pedal keeps it from scooting out of reach under the table as I sew.

I have made several no-slip hangers for slippery or wide-necked blouses that used to end up on my closet floor. I cut a strip of the no-slip material (approximately 1 1/2 inches wide by 20 inches long). I make a small slit in the center to slide over the hanger hook and then tack the rest along the "shoulder" parts of the hanger. I just use a regular needle and thread and stitch several long stitches to hold it where I want it. I use the plastic hangers but I think the wire ones would work too.

I have a fairly large shallow plastic storage container (about 36 X 24 X 6 inches) with a snap on lid. I use it to transport decorated sheet cakes, several pies, casseroles, you name it! Like Marie, I put a square of the non-slip "stuff" under each item so it will not slide around and get messed up. I love having the lid to snap on so nothing that might blow in, or around in, my car or SUV (like a leaf, grass, long strands of hair, grandaughter's) lands on my food.

I hope we get lots of tips for additional ways to use this product. (03/22/2007)

By Grandma Margie

Uses For Nonskid Shelf Liner

I use this product to open the lids on jars etc, as well as all the above. (03/22/2007)

By downunderchick

Uses For Nonskid Shelf Liner

This stuff is also great for those who sew.. I have hardwood floors, So my footpetal was always slipping away. Works great now (03/22/2007)

By LadyLeonesse

Uses For Nonskid Shelf Liner

I'm a teacher, and the product is wonderful to use when students are using manipulatives (blocks, counting chips, etc.). A piece put on their desk or table helps muffle the sound of the manipulatives. (03/24/2007)

By schoolmarm

Uses For Nonskid Shelf Liner

I use it to make a pad for high chairs. Just run a band of ric rac around the edge and make ties on the two back corners. This is great for keeping a baby from sliding down in their high chair when they are small. I also put a piece under my dog's food and water bowl to keep them in place. It's also great in shoes that have a thin or hard bottom to them. (10/05/2010)

By mary1day

Uses For Nonskid Shelf Liner

I have it under my microwave. It stays put on the counter. I also used it under my electronics on my shelf in the TV cabinet. Great stuff! Have used it for years for many different ways of slippage. (10/05/2010)

By xintexas

Uses For Nonskid Shelf Liner

I use it in my workshop to keep wood from sliding around on the bench while routing or sanding. It works just as well as the expensive pads that are sold for this purpose. (10/05/2010)

By Rodcrafter

Uses For Nonskid Shelf Liner

Yes, the non-skid shelf liner is great stuff and I use it under the sewing machine pedal too!

Also I have a piano that needed a long runner to cover the top since the surface of the wood had been damaged by water. I found that a dark red shelf runner was just the thing and rounded off the corners slightly to make an attractive cover. It was the only thing I could find that was long enough and about the right width. Dust does collect but it is barely noticeable compared to what collects on a slick shiny surface. Once in a while I do wash it and hang it up to dry on the shower rod. I also put a long strip of it on the top of my computer desk which matches what is on the piano.

I also cut triangular pieces of waffle-like foam placemats to fit the shelves of a corner shelf. I was going to refinish the wood, but now the defects can't be seen. They seem to be made of basically the same non-skid stuff as the shelf liner and they come in many attractive colors. I put one under the computer tower to keep it in place and use it to put under certain pottery ware so that it doesn't scratch my table. (It could also be just glued to the bottom.)

(10/05/2010)

By halstein

Drawer Liner
Uses for Drawer Liner
Panty Liners
Cleaning a Stuck Panty Liner From Clothing
kitchen drawers
Drawer and Shelf Liner Ideas
Knitted Sweaters
Making a Liner for a Knitted Sweater
🎄