Uses for Contact Paper

Category Other
two rolls of Con-Tact Paper
An adhesive backed paper or plastic that is used to line drawers and shelves, can also be used for decorating a variety of things. This is a guide about uses for contact paper.

You can create a sense of privacy without adding shades or curtains to a window. This is a guide about privacy window using contact paper.

contact paper shapes being applied to small window

Read More... Was this helpful? 2

Wood grain contact paper has taken a bad rap - and it can look tacky - but applied discretely it still works. I put it on the fiberboard shelves of a light natural wicker bookcase we got at an estate sale and the color is just right.

By Pam from Los Angeles

This is a guide about using ConTact paper for protecting sewing patterns. Sewing pattern paper is very thin and can easily be damaged, especially if the pattern is used multiple times.

Close up of a sewing pattern.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about putting contact paper over wall tile in a bathroom. Covering ugly ceramic wall tile has been done with good quality contact paper. Some people have had success with painting the tile instead.

Bathroom tub enclosure with a tile wall covered with contact paper.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about craft uses for contact paper. Contact paper, whether the type with a printed pattern, clear, or translucent all can be used in a variety of craft projects.

Contact Paper Crafts

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I saw a great idea for a modern wall decoration. Use shapes cut out of black contact paper for the graphics effect. I think it would work well to stick it on the wall (today's contact paper comes off really easily). It may not be good for apartments or rentals, though. You could experiment in an unseen corner as to how it would affect the paint.

By Pamphyila from LA, CA

Recently (this morning) I did my first project using contac paper. I covered an oatmeal container. I found a roll of "white marble" looking paper and couldn't resist it. And now I'm hooked on the stuff. I'm going to cover the little computer diskette box I keep my pens in, but can anyone tell me more uses for this pretty paper?

Jayne

Jayne, I use Contac wallpaper to decorate between my upper and lower kitchen cabinets. I have a kitchen/family room with fireplace, etc. When I want to change the color scheme, I just look for favorite colors in Contac wallpaper and change the colors. I get lots of compliments on it. I enjoy the fact that it is inexpensive and yet so satisfying. I do the wallpapering myself. Maybe you might like to try it. Mary mecjr @ earthlink .net

I have covered my bathroom cabinet doors with contact paper - & it's the best they ever looked - I have also used it for faux marble tops over melamine tops - and covered particle board shelves...& used the marble pattern to cover a set of file cabinets....I have also covered a plastic wastepaper basket to match the decor....Some of the patterns can be cheesy - but the stone/marble finishes are particularly nice & they used to have a tortoise shell you can't find anymore....