Uses for Contact Paper

Category Other
An adhesive backed paper or plastic that is used to line drawers and shelves, can also be used for decorating a variety of things. This is a guide about uses for contact paper.

contact paper shapes being applied to small window

You can create a sense of privacy without adding shades or curtains to a window. This is a guide about privacy window using contact paper.

Close up of a sewing pattern.

This is a guide about using ConTact paper for protecting sewing patterns. Sewing pattern paper is very thin and can easily be damaged, especially if the pattern is used multiple times.

Bathroom tub enclosure with a tile wall covered with contact paper.

This is a guide about putting contact paper over wall tile in a bathroom. Covering ugly ceramic wall tile has been done with good quality contact paper. Some people have had success with painting the tile instead.

Contact Paper Crafts

This is a guide about craft uses for contact paper. Contact paper, whether the type with a printed pattern, clear, or translucent all can be used in a variety of craft projects.

Wood grain contact paper has taken a bad rap - and it can look tacky - but applied discretely it still works. I put it on the fiberboard shelves of a light natural wicker bookcase we got at an estate sale and the color is just right.

By Pam from Los Angeles

I saw a great idea for a modern wall decoration. Use shapes cut out of black contact paper for the graphics effect. I think it would work well to stick it on the wall (today's contact paper comes off really easily). It may not be good for apartments or rentals, though. You could experiment in an unseen corner as to how it would affect the paint.

By Pamphyila from LA, CA

Recently (this morning) I did my first project using contac paper. I covered an oatmeal container. I found a roll of "white marble" looking paper and couldn't resist it. And now I'm hooked on the stuff. I'm going to cover the little computer diskette box I keep my pens in, but can anyone tell me more uses for this pretty paper?

Jayne

Hi Nani,

We posted yours as a Reader's Request:

http://www.thri  f178708.tip.html

Susan from ThriftyFun

I have many uses for contac paper here is the list

1.cover a shoe box for picture,cards,or anything else.

2.cover my son's school books to protect them.

3.used for kitchen&bathroom wallpaper in rented house.

4.coverd old scratched up end table top with granite/stone one and can be used for old counters and back splash.

A friend of mine at work uses pretty Contac paper to cover her manila file folders. There very distinctive and, of course, gorgeous!

I just covered an area under my sink with black and white check Contac paper. After less than a week it has gotten scratched just from putting a plastic container on it. Has anyone tried putting varnish on Contac paper?

I wonder if I could paint contact paper and then put it over my apartment kitchen cabinets? Also is it easy to remove from them and will it ruin the cabinets?

Jayne, I use Contac wallpaper to decorate between my upper and lower kitchen cabinets. I have a kitchen/family room with fireplace, etc. When I want to change the color scheme, I just look for favorite colors in Contac wallpaper and change the colors. I get lots of compliments on it. I enjoy the fact that it is inexpensive and yet so satisfying. I do the wallpapering myself. Maybe you might like to try it. Mary mecjr @ earthlink .net