Temporary Solution For Ugly Kitchen Cabinets - Categories:

KitchenHome Improvement

Temporary Solution For Ugly Kitchen Cabinets

I was checking online and found this site I was hoping someone could help me. I live in an apartment and the kitchen cabinets are ugly. I can't do anything permanent on them so I was wondering does contact paper come off? Or is there something else out there I can use?

- Nani

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Hi Nani! I had a friend years ago that put a sheet on her bedroom wall using liquid starch. I would think that the problem doing this on kitchen cabinets might be all the moisture from cooking in a kitchen. This probably wouldn't be a good idea for wood cabinets, either. Also, there are removable borders for walls....you might check out that option.

Just a thought, but I covered a couple of my woden kitchen cabinets with cork squares, that you would normally hang on a wall for a bulletin board. They hang with double-sided tape, which leaves a residue when pulled off, but the residue can be removed with WD-40. They are great for hanging notes about things I need to remember - school happenings, whatever, and I hang the recipes I am using right above my work space. You can buy these in plain cork and I have also seen patterned tiles.

you can add fabric to the cabinets by using full strength liquid starch. the starch keeps the fabric from getting too dirty, and fabric will come right off when you leave (with some water) Just find some pretty fabric...cut to size...dip into starch...place on cleaned cabinet door ( being in the kitchen... the door should already have a sealer of varnish or poly) it can get a little messy. but the results can be fabulous. later spray with water and it will come right off.

You can take a calendar, print pictures you like, maps, whatever images will keep the theme constant and cut them to the size of the cabinet face. Use liquid starch to paste them on. To finish the look change out the hardware of the cabinets. It makes a HUGE difference. Check your local hardware stores, thrift shops, garage sales, or make your own with spoons, forks, knives. You just hot glue the utensil to the existing handle and you have a beautiful and creative new look. Good luck.

Home and Garden Home Improvement KitchenJanuary 6, 2005
Wood Kitchen Cabinets
Cleaning Wood Cabinets
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Wood cabinet doors ready to be painted.
Painting Wood Cabinets
Cleaning yellow stains on cabinets.
Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 8:52:32 AM on 10.0.1.249 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.