Question

Share | Account | About
Share>Account>About>

Uses for Cookie Tins

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Uses for Cookie Tins

If you have a lot of empty cookie tins lying about the house, consider reusing them. This is a guide about uses for cookie tins.

Solutions: Uses for Cookie Tins

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Cookie Tins for Quick Gift Wrap

Got some cute cookie tins? Looking for a shortcut to some gift wrapping? I always seem to be running behind and find myself furiously cutting and taping wrapping on Christmas Eve!

Last year I remembered the nice cookie containers I'd received a couple of weeks earlier at our annual cookie exchange. The cookies were in the freezer and the tins were washed and tucked away out of sight. So I took them out of storage and put them to use as "gift boxes" for small items, gift certificates, etc.

It worked out so well that I'm definitely going to use some again this year! The more unusual shapes are great. This year I'm including a star-shaped tin and a tin with a lid that opens like a treasure chest.

Saves paper, tape, and ribbons, puts those pretty cookie tins on display once again, and it's a great way for everybody to recycle them year after year!

By Janet from Howell, MI

Tip: Repurposing Cookie Tins

With the holidays approaching, its a great time to repurpose those cookie tins. Square and rectangular cookie tins (top and bottom) make great drawer organizers which can be very expensive when bought at the store. They can also be used in tool boxes, in art boxes, for crayons, and for other more "industrial" strength purposes where a regular box might not hold up.

By Amy from Dublin, OH

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Uses for Cookie Tins.

Question: Uses For Cookie Tins

What can I do with those left over cookie\candy tins? I know that there have to be some type of crafting I can do with them but I need ideas!

Sheila from NC

Most Recent Answer

By Annie Rios Hill09/19/2008

At a garage sale my friend and I purchased some large tins. I keep DVD's tv guide in my as the tin looks good in corner in living room and when some unexpected person shows up I toss any stuff into it. She used hers for tools and odd items.