Uses for Oatmeal Containers

The good news is, I found a great sale on Quaker Oats. But now I have all these lovely oatmeal boxes. They're round and about a foot tall and hold 42 ounces. I just hate to throw them away, especially if I could make something saleable for my spring yard sale! Help!

Coreen from Rupert, ID

Answers:

Uses for Oatmeal Containers

I don't know of anything to make for resale but you could cover them with wrapping paper or something decorative and use to hold craft supplies....or perhaps decorate and use as a gift "bag" (02/08/2007)

By Debbie52

Uses for Oatmeal Containers

When I was a child 60 years ago...we made doll cradles out of them. Remove the lid, then you cut 2-3 of the way down the center on both sides, and across to the outer edge. You remove the 1/2 cylinder shape.
Glue the lid back on and lay on it's side. Voila a cradle,. Decorate as you please. (02/08/2007)

By siris

Uses for Oatmeal Containers

PERFECT for storing extra large SEEDS you might have in abundance, such as Palm seeds. My grandchild suggests: Cut out the bottom and use it for pet tubes, Hot Wheel car tunnels, and many stacked/glued just right can be used for playing post office with junk mail. He wonders if it could be used for making a giant kalidiscope or for storing gloves and hats inside the closet? (02/10/2007)

By Lynda

Uses for Oatmeal Containers

Are they large enough to store CDs in? (11/12/2007)

By 4libros