Uses for Old Garden Rakes

An old bamboo or metal garden rake can be repurposed in interesting ways. This guide contains uses for old garden rakes.

August 1, 2006 Flag

Here is a old rake I made into a cup holder. I just painted it, then tied on a few silk vines, put on a bow and there it is!

By Mary from Leroy, IL

HOW Cute is that? I love recycled things. Good for you. Thanks for a great idea. Great granny Vi

Original, beautiful and creative!

I think it's lovely! Great job, very ingenious!!!

HI Mary

What a creative idea ..! Just looking at it, I think it would also be good to use for hanging other things ie, kitchen tools with holes, or even other items that have loops on ... &, if it's an old rake, it could be used for hanging other garden tools from ....LOVE the idea .... the mind boggles with ideas ...

my first thought was 'what?', so I had to check out the picture. How creative! I just love it! This would also be great for in the barn or garden shed. Any more inventions you'd done? Lovely wall. Did you do that yourself too? Is that with the wooley?

I love this idea! But how is it attached to the wall?

This is awesome !!! Thank you for posting everyone needs a simple,cheap,beautiful ideas for their home ! This one is a great one

Misty23

Great idea! :)

What a great idea! I think i'll make one, paint it white,decorate with flowers and ribbon and hang my necklaces and chains on it in my bedroom and then figure out how to hang other things on the rest of the rake...thanks

Very nice use of material....like it a lot. :) i could see cruising yard sales to get broken rakes on purpose to make these even to sell at crafts shows.

November 29, 2007 Flag

You do not need to throw away old gardening tools, this rake functions very well as a bird feeder.

Old Rake As Bird Feeder

January 11, 2011 Flag

With spring right around the corner, believe it or not, it will soon be time to check out your garden and lawn tools. If you have a broken rake, don't throw out either part.

April 17, 2013 Flag

Use an old rake head to hang wine glasses. Just hang the rake head on the wall and hook the stemware from the tines of the rake. Also you can use it in a closet for neck ties or belts.

Better Living Green Living ReusingJuly 13, 2012
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
Uses for Old Cameras, old camera
Uses for Old Cameras
Uses for Old Briefcases, Worn two strap leather briefcase.
Uses for Old Briefcases
Ring of old keys.
Uses for Old Keys
🎉
🎄