Uses for Old Pantyhose

Even with a run or snag your panty hose can continue to be useful in many ways. This is a guide about uses for old pantyhose.

August 3, 2009 Flag

Chipmunks! I saw one run into the black drainage tube that's attached to the downspout on the side of my house. There is one on each side of the corner of my house. After it ran up the spout, I took a pair of panty hose, pulled a leg over each end, not real easy, but it worked.

My son-in-law ran water down the spout, then shook the drainage hose and the chipmunk ran half-way down the leg of my panty hose. He picked up the panty hose and threw it in a large can and let the critter loose quite a ways from the house. It was hilarious, seeing my son-in-law holding a chipmunk in a pair of panty hose. I will try it again.

By Linda from Brodhead, WI

That is so clever!

I am giggling so hard envisioning the sight of this! LOL! Good for you and your son for safely trapping the critter and taking to a new home :-)

Of course if there were little ones in the nest they all died.

March 29, 2010 Flag

I use worn out pantyhose to separate my onions. I put an onion in the toe of the pantyhose then tie a knot in it. Then I add another onion, tie another knot and so on until I run out of a pantyhose leg. Then I take the leg(s) of onions and hang it from a hook in my pantry (or closet, whatever).

When I need an onion, I cut it off from underneath the next knot. It's quick, it's easy and it keeps dried onion peelings from getting all over your floor

By Kimberly

Brilliant thanks.

I do this too. It works for garlic heads too.

June 16, 2008 Flag

Do you hate panty lines as much as I do? I have tried the "thong" approach, and let's just say, they are not for me. I created an answer that also recycles too.

June 13, 2005 Flag

Need an extra large rubber band? Cut around the elastic top of an old pair of panty hose. Two of these crisscrossed, work fine when bundling newspapers. Use one to hold a bag in place in a garbage can.

July 30, 2008 Flag

I've discovered that when collecting rain in your rain barrel, you can put a leg from a pair of pantyhose over the end of your downspout. It keeps the water clean, especially if your gutters have any debris in them. I hold the pantyhose material on with an elastic band, which makes it easy to remove and rinse off when it gets dirty.

March 4, 2008 Flag

Make your own "no show" socks. Cut the panty part off the pantyhose. Stretch the open end of the cut off stocking over your foot. Cut off the excess stocking off, leaving a seam allowance of 1/4 inch.

"No Show" Socks Over Foot

September 26, 2007 Flag

To protect your garden produce from insects or animals that love to sample, cover each (squash, lets say) with a length of panty hose. Close the top and bottom of the hose by knotting or tying with string so there are no openings for critters.

February 8, 2010 Flag

Cut up old panty hose into small strips and use those to tie tomato plants to the stakes.

February 7, 2005 Flag

Use old, clean pantyhose to gently adhere plants to stakes while they are growing. Simply stretch pantyhose and cut both legs into rings.

Better Living Green Living ReusingNovember 7, 2012
Uses for Nylons
Uses for Nylons
Feet and Legs in Pantyhose
Saving Money on Pantyhose
Panty Hose
Pantyhose Tips and Tricks
Storing Pantyhose
Storing Pantyhose
🎄