Browsing: Uses for Old Pantyhose

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Uses for Old Pantyhose

Even with a run or snag your panty hose can continue to be useful in many ways. This is a guide about uses for old pantyhose.

Pantyhose
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 3, 2009 Flag

Chipmunks! I saw one run into the black drainage tube that's attached to the downspout on the side of my house. There is one on each side of the corner of my house. After it ran up the spout, I took a pair of panty hose, pulled a leg over each end, not real easy, but it worked.

My son-in-law ran water down the spout, then shook the drainage hose and the chipmunk ran half-way down the leg of my panty hose. He picked up the panty hose and threw it in a large can and let the critter loose quite a ways from the house. It was hilarious, seeing my son-in-law holding a chipmunk in a pair of panty hose. I will try it again.

By Linda from Brodhead, WI

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 29, 2010 Flag

I use worn out pantyhose to separate my onions. I put an onion in the toe of the pantyhose then tie a knot in it. Then I add another onion, tie another knot and so on until I run out of a pantyhose leg. Then I take the leg(s) of onions and hang it from a hook in my pantry (or closet, whatever).

When I need an onion, I cut it off from underneath the next knot. It's quick, it's easy and it keeps dried onion peelings from getting all over your floor

By Kimberly

June 16, 2008 Flag

Do you hate panty lines as much as I do? I have tried the "thong" approach, and let's just say, they are not for me. I created an answer that also recycles too. When I get a run in my pantyhose, I don't through them away; I cut off about five inches off the bottom of the legs. I hold the pantyhose together so that they will be even after they have been cut.

When I want to wear a pair of slacks, I reach for my footless pantyhose. The benefits are that I get that extra, much needed tummy support, (After birthing four kids, who wouldn't!) I can wear sandals, and most important to me, I don't have the panty lines. The pantyhose can also be used the same with walking shorts too. I just cut off more of the pantyhose legs and they give me the same support and no panty lines.

I hope you try it and enjoy the same benefits I have without buying those expensive undergarments which still tend to leave panty lines in one place or another.

By Laura R. from Tampa, FL

June 13, 2005 Flag

Need an extra large rubber band? Cut around the elastic top of an old pair of panty hose. Two of these crisscrossed, work fine when bundling newspapers. Use one to hold a bag in place in a garbage can.

July 30, 2008 Flag

I've discovered that when collecting rain in your rain barrel, you can put a leg from a pair of pantyhose over the end of your downspout. It keeps the water clean, especially if your gutters have any debris in them. I hold the pantyhose material on with an elastic band, which makes it easy to remove and rinse off when it gets dirty.

March 4, 2008 Flag

Make your own "no show" socks. Cut the panty part off the pantyhose. Stretch the open end of the cut off stocking over your foot. Cut off the excess stocking off, leaving a seam allowance of 1/4 inch.

"No Show" Socks Over Foot

September 26, 2007 Flag

To protect your garden produce from insects or animals that love to sample, cover each (squash, lets say) with a length of panty hose. Close the top and bottom of the hose by knotting or tying with string so there are no openings for critters.

February 8, 2010 Flag

Cut up old panty hose into small strips and use those to tie tomato plants to the stakes.

February 7, 2005 Flag

Use old, clean pantyhose to gently adhere plants to stakes while they are growing. Simply stretch pantyhose and cut both legs into rings.

Better Living Green Living ReusingNovember 7, 2012
Uses for Nylons
Uses for Nylons
Feet and Legs in Pantyhose
Saving Money on Pantyhose
Panty Hose
Pantyhose Tips and Tricks
Storing Pantyhose
Storing Pantyhose
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 10:28:20 AM on 10.0.0.111 in 608 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.