Uses for Paint Chip Samples

I am looking for ideas to use the paint chip cards from Home Depot and Menard's. I have seen them folded and used for other things but lost the information.

Lost from Elmwood Park, IL

Answers:

Uses for Paint Chip Samples

I have used them to teach "colors" to my child. They come in very handy when you have to keep them occupied at the home center store, make it your first stop. (09/04/2008)

By Chris

Uses for Paint Chip Samples

The first thing that came to my mind is make an abstract piece of art from them. The size of the piece of art would depend on how many chips you have.

Cut out each and every color piece so that it's only the colors and not the borders from the swatches (or maybe even keep the white borders if you like). Arrange, including overlapping, and keep rearranging until they look visually pleasing to you and then glue each piece to card board or canvas, brush shellac over all and frame :-)

Actually, this makes me want to go down the street to my local paint store and ask if they have any 'extras' to make a new piece of art for fun! (09/04/2008)

By Deeli

Uses for Paint Chip Samples

Yes, they are a cost to the paint manufacturer so you wouldn't want to just go grab handfuls but eventually the colors do change and they will have to trash their old stock of chips. I would imagine the chips for countertops and tile would be great for doing those mosaics that were mentioned. (09/04/2008)

By JudyBoody

Uses for Paint Chip Samples

I love to use them for book marks. I know someone at my local hardware store and get them when they are going to be thrown away. I keep a few for myself, but donate most of them to local senior centers or put them in the teacher's lounge at the elementary school. One really cute picture I saw used a green one cut into a tiny Christmas tree. They used the lightest color at the top and the darkest color at the bottom, so that it graduated different colors of green down to the bottom. I've also seen a rainbow made of them layered by color. (09/04/2008)

By DiJones

Use Paint Colour Strips As Wall Pockets
Reusing Sample Paint Swatches
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Crafts Using Fabric SamplesFabric Sample Quilt
Crafts Using Fabric Samples
Sample Sized Beauty Items
Using Beauty Samples
Perfume Sample Bottles
Using Perfume Samples
🎉
🎄