Uses for Plastic Bacon Packaging

You know that little plastic sheet that comes in the bacon package? I sanitize and wash it in hot, soapy water to use as a handy cutting-board protector. I use it on paper plates so I can cut without shredding the plate. I place it between hamburger patties or marinated steak waiting for the grill. And I also place it between burgers and steak before I freeze, allowing for easy separation. These plastic sheets can be washed and reused many times.

By Bobbie G from Rockwall, TX

Uses for Plastic Bacon Packaging

Wow, what great ideas! I never even thought of using that plastic sheet. Also another idea for crafters and quilters, altho I haven't tried, would be to use for template material. It might be too thick to easily cut with scissors, I don't know but could be used for pattern pieces I would think. (07/28/2006)

By Debbie52

Uses for Plastic Bacon Packaging

I agree, excellent ideas! (07/28/2006)

By Gardencraft

Uses for Plastic Bacon Packaging

What wonderful ideas! I will have to start putting some of them to use!

Thanks for sharing them!
Cheryl (07/28/2006)

By hvnlyhills

Uses for Plastic Bacon Packaging

I know someone who washes the plastic sheet from bacon and then uses it as a template for craft work. Or if you are careful & artistic, you could make a small stencil from the plastic. (07/28/2006)

By AnnMel

Uses for Plastic Bacon Packaging
Cooking bacon in microwave.
Cooking Bacon in the Microwave
bacon in a package
Freezing Bacon
Small Bowl of Imitation Bacon
Substitutions For Bacon
Saving on Bacon
Saving Money on Bacon