Reusing Bakery Packaging

Use cupcake trays from the grocery store bakery for mini greenhouse to start plant seeds in. Each cake compartment holds a peat seed starter pot nicely. All you need to do is use a soldering iron to melt some drainage holes and a couple vent holes on top. Use peat seed starter pots in each cake compartment. When plants get bigger just remove the peat pots and reuse your cupcake greenhouse over and over.

By Kim from KS

3 More Solutions

I bought some pull-apart bread last week. The tray that is on the bottom is black, but can't be recycled in this state. The center has a ring in the middle, and two other rings larger toward the edges.

Bakery Tray with Crackers and Dip

I sometimes get packaged molasses cookies at the DT. They have the coolest plastic containers that I often reuse.

Reusing Clamshell Bakery Packaging

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

One of my mottos is "think before you toss!" Now and then, I buy a deli pie, muffins or cake, or someone brings a similar product to a "bring your own dish to share" gathering.

Better Living Green Living ReusingMarch 17, 2013
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Reusing-Bakery-Packaging.html