Uses for Toilet Paper Tubes

In addition to many craft projects there are other opportunities where you can reuse toilet paper tubes. This is a guide about uses for toilet paper tubes.

May 10, 2016 Flag

Take toilet paper rolls and tuck in one end to close. Fill roll with potting soil and plant seeds. When seedlings are large enough to plant outside, untuck the bottom and plant in hole the size of the tube. The tube will break down in the soil and feed the plant.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments

December 27, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about toilet paper tube seedling pots. A great way to recycle toilet paper tubes is to use them as containers to start vegetable and flower seeds for garden plants.

Toilet Paper Tube Seedling Pots

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 14, 2015 Flag

I had a few tp tubes set aside for a craft project and my toddler found them. He played for quite awhile with just the tubes, then he realized that his little toy cars could drive through them. He thought it was so cool! I can easily throw 1-2 of these in his diaper bag, along with a few cars, for when he is bored while we are out.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 1 Comment

November 2, 2010 Flag

Kimberly Clark is developing tubeless toilet paper, which means the other toilet paper makers will probably follow suit. So if you craft with the tubes, you might want to stock up now.

By Widget

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 5 Comments

January 25, 2009 Flag

You can actually use empty toilet paper rolls to roll your hair. If you have shoulder length or longer hair, empty toilet paper rolls work perfectly. I have waist length natural curly, and wavy hair. I use toilet paper rolls to roll my dry hair.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 20, 2013 Flag

I saw this on Facebook and I wanted to make my own with a little flair. You put in only one seed per planter.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 8, 2009 Flag

What should I do with all the empty toilet paper rolls that I have saved? I hate to just throw them away.

By Ed from Lexington, KY

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can put them in your compost bin.

Call your local elementary school or high school. I used to be an art teacher and loved it when parents would bring me things like that. They are great for making paper mache projects and other sculptures. Trust me, any good art teacher will put them to great use!

Contact local senior facilities because they might want to use them for their residents craft classes. Please don't just throw them away if you can't find a home for them and take them to your local recycling center!

I like them to wrap small gifts in a Christmas, make it look like a party favor with the ends twisted. Also could wrap a few with nothing inside and use yarn or string to hang them on the Christmas tree. Can wrap with Christmas paper or foil.

Know anyone with a large bird? My brother's parrot love to play with them. Eventually they get shredded and need to be replaced.

My current favorite use for them is to use them as cord catchers- appliances such as the air popper, the waffle iron, and the hand mixer, all have TP rolls holding the cords! For shorter cords, I cut the rolls in half, because they don't require quite as much length. Just fold up your cords in about 4-7" lengths, and stuff the whole thing into a roller- the nice thing about the TP rolls is, even the plug will usually fit through. They also come off more quickly and easily than twist-ties. I've also found that they work great for all of our extension cords (small household ones, NOT the big ones out in the shop!)- if you wrap up all of your cords this way, you'd be surprised how well it tidies up the counter, cupboards, and "junk" drawer! ;o)

Better Living Green Living ReusingApril 2, 2013
finshed tp pots
Toilet Paper Tube Seedling Pots
Empty cardboard toilet paper rolls, ready for reusing.
Valentine Crafts Using Toilet Paper Rolls
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 12:51:14 PM on 10.0.2.254 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.