Uses for Toilet Paper Tubes

Category Reusing
In addition to many craft projects there are other opportunities where you can reuse toilet paper tubes. This is a guide about uses for toilet paper tubes.

Take toilet paper rolls and tuck in one end to close. Fill roll with potting soil and plant seeds. When seedlings are large enough to plant outside, untuck the bottom and plant in hole the size of the tube. The tube will break down in the soil and feed the plant.

Isn't it great to find a use for something which usually gets thrown away, Mary Ray? I love this idea. Instead of tucking in the bottom, however, I moisten the soil slightly and pack it in the tube fairly tightly. I set the tubes in shallow plastic containers in front of a sunny window in early spring and water the seedlings from the bottom (hence the "not tucked in" aspect). They're all coming up beautifully and almost ready to set outside (we typically get snow up to mid-May so May 20th / 21st is customary for putting things in the ground).

I had a few tp tubes set aside for a craft project and my toddler found them. He played for quite awhile with just the tubes, then he realized that his little toy cars could drive through them. He thought it was so cool! I can easily throw 1-2 of these in his diaper bag, along with a few cars, for when he is bored while we are out.

Cute!

Toilet Paper Tube Seedling Pots

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 1

A great way to recycle toilet paper tubes is to use them as containers to start vegetable and flower seeds for garden plants. This is a guide about toilet paper tube seedling pots.

Kimberly Clark is developing tubeless toilet paper, which means the other toilet paper makers will probably follow suit. So if you craft with the tubes, you might want to stock up now.

You can actually use empty toilet paper rolls to roll your hair. If you have shoulder length or longer hair, empty toilet paper rolls work perfectly. I have waist length natural curly, and wavy hair. I use toilet paper rolls to roll my dry hair.

I saw this on Facebook and I wanted to make my own with a little flair. You put in only one seed per planter.

Our favor boxes were made from toilet paper rolls. We cut them in half and folded in the bottom, creating a cup. Then we painted them all white inside and out so the card board would harden.

Recycled Barnyard Animals - toilet paper tube pig, cow, and dog

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 1

This guide contains crafts using toilet paper tubes. Empty tissue paper tubes can be useful in many, fun craft projects.

How can I reuse toilet roll cores?

I like to make simple art pieces like this one:

http://www.thri  be-Wreath-2.html

I use them to start seeds. Other people use them as fire starters

Yes, fire starters are the best. But for some fun things to do with kids, here are more ideas then you might ever need. And thanks for not just tossing them.

https://www.goo  1024&bih=642

There are tons of ideas on Pinterest!

Especially kids crafts.

Reference :

https://www.pin  let-paper-rolls/

What should I do with all the empty toilet paper rolls that I have saved? I hate to just throw them away.

By Ed from Lexington, KY

Anonymous

Contact local senior facilities because they might want to use them for their residents craft classes. Please don't just throw them away if you can't find a home for them and take them to your local recycling center!

I like them to wrap small gifts in a Christmas, make it look like a party favor with the ends twisted. Also could wrap a few with nothing inside and use yarn or string to hang them on the Christmas tree. Can wrap with Christmas paper or foil.

Know anyone with a large bird? My brother's parrot love to play with them. Eventually they get shredded and need to be replaced.

My current favorite use for them is to use them as cord catchers- appliances such as the air popper, the waffle iron, and the hand mixer, all have TP rolls holding the cords! For shorter cords, I cut the rolls in half, because they don't require quite as much length. Just fold up your cords in about 4-7" lengths, and stuff the whole thing into a roller- the nice thing about the TP rolls is, even the plug will usually fit through. They also come off more quickly and easily than twist-ties. I've also found that they work great for all of our extension cords (small household ones, NOT the big ones out in the shop!)- if you wrap up all of your cords this way, you'd be surprised how well it tidies up the counter, cupboards, and "junk" drawer! ;o)