Browsing: Uses for Toilet Paper Tubes

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Uses for Toilet Paper Tubes

In addition to many craft projects there are other opportunities where you can reuse toilet paper tubes. This is a guide about uses for toilet paper tubes.

Toilet paper tubes made into seedling containers.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

May 10, 2016 Flag

Take toilet paper rolls and tuck in one end to close. Fill roll with potting soil and plant seeds. When seedlings are large enough to plant outside, untuck the bottom and plant in hole the size of the tube. The tube will break down in the soil and feed the plant.

March 30, 2013 Flag

Every household has plenty of tp tubes. They make great seedling pots, so why not reuse some of them instead of recycling them. :)

finshed tp pots

• toilet paper tubes
  • scissors
tp tubes and scissors

1. Cut the TP tube in half. Then make 4 cuts that are approx. 1/2 in., creating 4 flaps of equal size.
  2. cut 4 flaps
  3. Fold one flap inward, then working clockwise, fold the other flaps down. Tuck the corner of the last flap under the corner of the first flap. (Like when you are closing a cardboard box.)
  4. finished bottom
  5. Turn them over and gently press them down on a flat surface so make the bottoms flat, so that they will stay upright.
  6. view from the top
  7. Turn them over, fill with soil, and plant your seeds. Once the seeds have sprouted and are ready to go into the ground, just plant them with the pot. The cardboard will disintegrate in the soil.

October 14, 2015 Flag

I had a few tp tubes set aside for a craft project and my toddler found them. He played for quite awhile with just the tubes, then he realized that his little toy cars could drive through them. He thought it was so cool! I can easily throw 1-2 of these in his diaper bag, along with a few cars, for when he is bored while we are out.TP Tube Tunnels for Toy Cars

TP Tube Tunnels for Toy Cars

TP Tube Tunnels for Toy Cars

TP Tube Tunnels for Toy Cars

November 2, 2010 Flag

Kimberly Clark is developing tubeless toilet paper, which means the other toilet paper makers will probably follow suit. So if you craft with the tubes, you might want to stock up now.

January 25, 2009 Flag

You can actually use empty toilet paper rolls to roll your hair. If you have shoulder length or longer hair, empty toilet paper rolls work perfectly. I have waist length natural curly, and wavy hair. I use toilet paper rolls to roll my dry hair.

November 8, 2009 Flag

What should I do with all the empty toilet paper rolls that I have saved? I hate to just throw them away.

By Ed from Lexington, KY

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I like them to wrap small gifts in a Christmas, make it look like a party favor with the ends twisted. Also could wrap a few with nothing inside and use yarn or string to hang them on the Christmas tree. Can wrap with Christmas paper or foil.

Know anyone with a large bird? My brother's parrot love to play with them. Eventually they get shredded and need to be replaced.

My current favorite use for them is to use them as cord catchers- appliances such as the air popper, the waffle iron, and the hand mixer, all have TP rolls holding the cords! For shorter cords, I cut the rolls in half, because they don't require quite as much length. Just fold up your cords in about 4-7" lengths, and stuff the whole thing into a roller- the nice thing about the TP rolls is, even the plug will usually fit through. They also come off more quickly and easily than twist-ties. I've also found that they work great for all of our extension cords (small household ones, NOT the big ones out in the shop!)- if you wrap up all of your cords this way, you'd be surprised how well it tidies up the counter, cupboards, and "junk" drawer! ;o)

I have seen where they make a great wall decoration and it is so simple a child can do it and it looks very nice. Cut the tube into thinner rings, color them with a magic marker or crayons, and then glue them together forming a daisy like or flower design and use a piece of cord or wire to form the stem and more tubes for the leaves. Hang it on the wall and you have a great and unusual design on your wall. You can get very creative with this. I am thinking to have daisies lined on the base boards and up the wall would be an outstanding look with maybe a headboard out of a white picket fence piece. You could also do a display of a large sunflower with yellow paint and brown center. I am thinking of putting this on my kitchen wall.

Read More Answers...

May 20, 2013 Flag

I saw this on Facebook and I wanted to make my own with a little flair. You put in only one seed per planter.

First you take a toilet paper roll and cut it into three even pieces. Then you make four to six cuts with scissors on the bottom of the toilet paper roll, about an inch long. You then fold them over one another.

You can use a little bit of masking tape to hold them if you like. Other tape is not really biodegradable.

You then fill the little sprouting cups with damp potting soil and put one seed in them. Then you put them into a sunny window, and keep the soil damp.

When they germinate, you can then plant the whole thing in the ground.

I put the clothespin decor on mine because I thought it was adorable.

toilet_roll_a

Biodegradable Seed Spouter from Toilet RollBiodegradable Seed Spouter from Toilet RollBiodegradable Seed Spouter from Toilet RollBiodegradable Seed Spouter from Toilet Roll
Better Living Green Living ReusingApril 2, 2013
Empty cardboard toilet paper rolls, ready for reusing.
Valentine Crafts Using Toilet Paper Rolls
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Toilet paper tubes with glowing eyes.
Spooky Toilet Paper Tube Eyes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 6:59:46 PM on 10.0.0.77 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.