Toilet Paper Tube Seedling Pots

Every household has plenty of tp tubes. They make great seedling pots, so why not reuse some of them instead of recycling them. :)

• toilet paper tubes
  • scissors

1. Cut the TP tube in half. Then make 4 cuts that are approx. 1/2 in., creating 4 flaps of equal size.
  2. Fold one flap inward, then working clockwise, fold the other flaps down. Tuck the corner of the last flap under the corner of the first flap. (Like when you are closing a cardboard box.)
  3. Turn them over and gently press them down on a flat surface so make the bottoms flat, so that they will stay upright.
  4. Turn them over, fill with soil, and plant your seeds. Once the seeds have sprouted and are ready to go into the ground, just plant them with the pot. The cardboard will disintegrate in the soil.

4 More Solutions

Toilet paper tubes make excellent biodegradable plant pots for seedlings. All you need are the tubes and a pair of scissors. Make four cuts about an inch long at one end and fold them in. There should be a small hole for drainage. Fill with compost and sow seeds or plant a seedling.

Toilet Paper Tubes for Seedlings - small plant in TP tube pot

I had been saving all sorts of toilet paper rolls - I think mainly it was a habit from when we used to have a fireplace. This spring when I decided to start my seedlings I realized I could make life a lot easier for myself if I just started the seeds in the toilet paper rolls!

A bag of potting soil, seedlings in plastic containers and a nursery tray with TP tubes

Beans and peas do not like their roots disturbed, and may not do well when transplanting them. Use an empty toilette paper roll to plant. When you are ready to plant in the ground keep them in the cardboard. It will disintegrate on its own.

Videos

Every household has plenty of TP tubes. They make great seedling pots, so why not reuse some of them instead of recycling them. Learn how to make these cute and effective pots in this short video.

In These Pages
Better Living Green Living ReusingDecember 27, 2016
🎉
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Toilet-Paper-Tube-Seedling-Pots.html